Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott Crawford
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Mnyb
    OP uses "WMA Variable Bit Rate 40 to 75." thats not to good I suspect even a radio can expose this quality . I did not think anybody doing thier own files went below 128kBs most mp3 user today go >256kBps
    Hi Mnyb,

I am probably deluding myself but I did a lot of research before choosing my (very portable) format and bitrate for bitrate the WMA VBR did very well against other formats and shows absolutely none of weird artifact sounds you can get with a lower size. No brutal chopping off of cymbals and high hats, no strange metallic noises and no tune altering distortion. Really, it sounds exceptional (for it's size) and I have been quite happy. When I compare my two databases (Lossless and 40 to 75) side by side of course I can hear the difference but it is remarkable what you still hear with the 40-75 VBR and an astonishingly low bitrate.

I think part of the reason I went so low initially was that I have been building the VBR database for more than 12 years and hard drive size at one time was an issue. The Lossless database is about 9 years of work. The full VBR database is over 9000 full albums ( I run a smaller one on my Squeezebox) and the Lossless database is almost that big.

Comment

• Scott Crawford
      • Oct 2014

A quick update.

Hi all,

I just purchased a third Sunfire SDS 8 Subwoofer so now I have one on all three floors of the house - the basement, 1st floor, and 2nd floor. It sounds pretty good for a "whole house" system. I also purchased another (probably final) Squeezebox Radio which brings the final number to 13. All of them are running flawlessly on my Netgear Nighthawk R7000. I run the Squeezebox's on the legacy 2.4 ghz frequency and everything else on 5 ghz. It must be a pretty good router. :-)

One question. My Nexus 7 (and my Droid Maxx at some point) will undoubtedly update soon to Android 5.0 Lolipop. Is anyone having any issues with Squeeze Control on the new OS?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

P.S. I am going to look into incorporating my Lossless collection soon.

Comment

• w3wilkes
        • Jan 2009

I'm running Orange Squeeze on my Nexus 5 which has updated OTA to Android 5.0.I'm guessing the Logitech app would work fine also.
        Wilkes

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.5.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, both work perfectly, new power supply) and Squeeseslave
        Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.5.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
        Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
        Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Comment

• Scott Crawford
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by w3wilkes
          I'm running Orange Squeeze on my Nexus 5 which has updated OTA to Android 5.0.I'm guessing the Logitech app would work fine also.
          Hi w3wilkes, Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I'll be in good shape. :-)

Comment

• Scott Crawford
            • Oct 2014

Change from previous owners email address - Pandora

Hi all,

I just have a quick question. How do I change it so my email address shows up instead of the previous owners when looking at a player in My Apps - Pandora - Player Settings, on mysqueezebox.com? Is that a situation where I need to call Logitech, or Pandora?

Thank you in advance,

Scott

Comment

• toby10
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Scott Crawford
              .... Is that a situation where I need to call Logitech, or Pandora?
              Depends. If Touch or Radio players then no, just do a Factory Reset and one of the Startup screens will ask if you want to keep the current MySB.com login (select NO). All other players do require you call Logitech with your players MAC address.

Comment

Working...