Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    1200 usd !!!

Get a joggler for 50 gbp and a decent dac (if necessary)
    Yes, it's not cheap. But I don't want to be putting anything together and I failed to find anything that would meet my requirements in terms of ease of use (I use the android app, not the remote or LMS).
    It's cheaper than it was when it came out (in the UK) while the Touch is now more than double the price.
    I like the idea of the large display, I can see the artist and and the track across the room (on my SB3) and it will be even better with the Transporter.
    The SB3 display never failed and it's been on non stop (it's a clock when switched off) since I bought it when it first came out.
    It's expensive, but comparing it to other gear that's on the market, it's worth the money. And so is the Touch even though it is way overpriced.

when you say you use the "android app" and not LMS what do you mean. I'm guessing you use LMS to maintain your music library and feed the SB players. But you mean that you don't use the LMS "webGUI" to control anything. Rather, you use an android app to do all your controlling of LMS and your players (just like I use an iPeng app on iphone to control my LMS and players).
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

That's right, LMS is on the Synology DiskStation which is connected to my SB3 at the moment. I only use the LMS to scan the directory for new albums.
    Otherwise I use my phone except the volume control which I disabled.

I had an idea of getting a Transporter. Besides the fact I am fanatic about the design of the cheaper SB3, the one thing that really stopped me is the prospect of not being able to get it repaired if it breaks.
    I do have spare SB3s, I couldn't afford buying spare Transporters
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_G View Post
    Yes, it's not cheap. But I don't want to be putting anything together and I failed to find anything that would meet my requirements in terms of ease of use (I use the android app, not the remote or LMS).
    It's cheaper than it was when it came out (in the UK) while the Touch is now more than double the price.
    I like the idea of the large display, I can see the artist and and the track across the room (on my SB3) and it will be even better with the Transporter.
    The SB3 display never failed and it's been on non stop (it's a clock when switched off) since I bought it when it first came out.
    It's expensive, but comparing it to other gear that's on the market, it's worth the money. And so is the Touch even though it is way overpriced.
    I paid more than that for mine ( UK ) go for it you wont regret it and hurry up as I'm tempted to buy it as a spare
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

Hi,

I would go for the touch!

The Transporter is too expensive and not reliable! (Mine broke after some years)

So enjoy your music with a touch and if you want more - go to Linn!

Regards
    SBClassic, Touch, Receiver eingelagert - Duet, Radio, Boom, Touch in Verwendung ansonsten:OrangeSqueeze, iPeng, SqueezePad
    Server: Synology DS, Files: FLAC

I went for the Transporter. I hope it will last a while. Just like anything, it could last few days, it could last a decade or more. I've had the SB3 since 2007 I guess, it's SlimDevices one and I've had no problems at all.
    Now waiting for the seller to ship it. Paid on Tuesday, it's Thursday and no notification as yet

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_G View Post
    I went for the Transporter. I hope it will last a while. Just like anything, it could last few days, it could last a decade or more. I've had the SB3 since 2007 I guess, it's SlimDevices one and I've had no problems at all.
    Now waiting for the seller to ship it. Paid on Tuesday, it's Thursday and no notification as yet
    None of my SB devices have broken. other than a Duet that was questionable from the start, and remains temperamental. The Transporter is a premium product - treat it right and it will last... to this day. the transporter has premium specs.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9.1
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> KEF Reference 1
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure 1540

Quote Originally Posted by carrera View Post
    Hi,

I would go for the touch!

The Transporter is too expensive and not reliable! (Mine broke after some years)

So enjoy your music with a touch and if you want more - go to Linn!

Regards
    Not that products can't go bad of course, but I've never had a single issue with my Transporter and it is in daily use, day in, month in, and year in, probably 8 hours per day. I also don't recall seeing any posts from transporter owners on hardware/repair problems.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Not that products can't go bad of course, but I've never had a single issue with my Transporter and it is in daily use, day in, month in, and year in, probably 8 hours per day. I also don't recall seeing any posts from transporter owners on hardware/repair problems.
    That would probably be carrera's own post of his repair attempts . If I remember correctly slimdevices when they existed could probably offer you a repair even on out of warranty products . Logitech on the other hand does not do that they treated transporter as just another typical modern product ie cheap and not really possible to repair . But Transporter is expensive and possible to repair , but logitech is not organised to cater for such products....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html