Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

[Solved] LMS wants a restart even after having one

Today my CustomBrowse plugin disappeared from the LMS main menu, and the main page tells me that plugin (and another) have updated and need a restart:

When I click that message, I get (not surprisingly) the same warning in the settings page:

Here's my problem, though: I've restarted the logitechmediaserver service many times today, and the warning in LMS remains and CustomBrowse remains gone. I want to avoid trying a reboot of my computer for other reasons. I run LMS Version 7.8.1 - 1406278657 on an Ubuntu 14.04 PC. Any ideas how I can solve the problem?
    Last edited by Kvaks; 2014-09-30 at 09:08. Reason: adding info

Quote Originally Posted by Kvaks View Post
    Here's my problem, though: I've restarted the logitechmediaserver service many times today, and the warning in LMS remains and CustomBrowse remains gone. I want to avoid trying a reboot of my computer for other reasons. I run LMS Version 7.8.1 - 1406278657 on an Ubuntu 14.04 PC. Any ideas how I can solve the problem?
    Have you closed and re-opened your browser? I've noticed that the restart messages don't always go away unless I do that.

Thanks for the suggestion. No, I hadn't, but Custom Browse definitely wasn't running, so I don't think it was a caching issue. Anyway, I bit the bullet and rebooted my computer, and now Custom Browse works and no restart warnings left. So, I guess [Solved]. :-)