Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Receiving BBC5 Sports Extra

Hi all
    Can anyone help please?
    I have just bought the radio but transmission on this channel is blocked " due to rights issues" which prevents me from listening to the Test Match....I can receive it OK on my computer & laptop.
    How can I receive it on the radio please?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffJH View Post
    Hi all
    Can anyone help please?
    I have just bought the radio but transmission on this channel is blocked " due to rights issues" which prevents me from listening to the Test Match....I can receive it OK on my computer & laptop.
    Are you connecting via mysqueezebox.com, or do you have a local LMS server?

Where are you located?
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install the BBC Radio Applet and play from Internet Radio/BBC Radio/Listen Live menu. You know you have the right menu as this also gives "Listen Again".

a. On Radio goto Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer
    b. Uncheck "Recommended Applets Only"
    c. Select BBC Radio.
    d. Radio should reboot and now have a "BBC Radio" menu in the Internet Radio menu. Make sure the "WMA streams" settings is off (default) at end of BBC Radio menu.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Are you connecting via mysqueezebox.com, or do you have a local LMS server?

Where are you located?
    Hi..I am in Bristol.....no idea about how I am connecting : it's just a wifi link of a BT Hub4 as far as I know....

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Install the BBC Radio Applet and play from Internet Radio/BBC Radio/Listen Live menu. You know you have the right menu as this also gives "Listen Again".

a. On Radio goto Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer
    b. Uncheck "Recommended Applets Only"
    c. Select BBC Radio.
    d. Radio should reboot and now have a "BBC Radio" menu in the Internet Radio menu. Make sure the "WMA streams" settings is off (default) at end of BBC Radio menu.
    Hi
    Thanks for this, but I think I need a simpler step-by-step guide!............

Hi all
    Can anyone help please?
    It should work. But the message suggests that the BBC think your radio is abroad. Are the computer and laptop going via the same router?

Quote Originally Posted by majones View Post
    It should work. But the message suggests that the BBC think your radio is abroad. Are the computer and laptop going via the same router?
    Hi
    Yes they are, that's why it seems so strange...currently in Bristol.

Hi
    I guess you are trying BBC 5 Extra via the standard Radio menu option ?

Try bpa's instructions - they couldn't be more step-by-step!
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
    The BBC geo-ip system sometimes goes wrong.

The BBC Radio Applet avoids this problem and also gives you access to iPlayer programs.

In terms of simple steps - the radio only has one big round button to rotate and press to select. Since you have setup the radio, you now have the necessary skills to install the applet. It is a case of starting at the "home" menu and rotating the button to finding the menu and then pressing button to select. You cannot break the radio and if you lose track go back or don't see to "home" menu and start again.

Hi all
    Sorry for delay in replying, but have been away : I am still having the same problem trying to access BBC 5 Live Extra where there ought to be cricket commentary on the 1 day England/India match, but all I get is pre-recorded old football/cricket chat with this " programme unavailable due to rights issues" announcement.

I have tried to follow bpa's instructions of " On Radio goto Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer" but can only get as far as Radio/Settings/Advanced/.......there is no option for Applet Installer.

Any help please guys?