Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 944
  1. #911
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Seems contradictory:

    ''Beforehand you should manually resize the partition on the source flash drive with a partition tool of your choice (f.e. GParted Live CD) to fit on the target flash drive.''

    vs

    ''After that you can do the backup of the source device and restore it to the target device with having the truncate option activated. Please note that you canĺt do this on images you already created. Using this option without resizing the partition can result in partial data loss.'' - No idea what this means.
    I think what it means is as long as all your data is in a partition which definitely fits on a new sd card then you can create an image of the whole card and copy it to a new card using the truncate setting in USBIT. So even if a new card is smaller than your original your image will fit by chopping off some empty space.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  2. #912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,269
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I think what it means is as long as all your data is in a partition which definitely fits on a new sd card then you can create an image of the whole card and copy it to a new card using the truncate setting in USBIT. So even if a new card is smaller than your original your image will fit by chopping off some empty space.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Thanks - I'll give it a try.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. #913
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,269
    I want/need to change the location of a mount point - from //192.168.0.1/volume9 to //192.168.0.1/sha1

    Can I simply edit the existing Path info, then reboot ?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #914
    Senior Member Max2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    133
    Hi castalla,

    You can best copy paste the other parameters, add the new mountpoint and delete the previous one.

  5. #915
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi castalla,

    You can best copy paste the other parameters, add the new mountpoint and delete the previous one.
    Thanks
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #916
    Senior Member Fahzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    326

    Max2Play Samba Share Problem

    Maybe I can help someone having dificulty with setting up a Sambashare with Max2Play. I recently purchased an Allo Digione Player, and connected an external hard drive to the unt.

    When I set up Max2Play with SqueezeLite, I changed the player name from the default to "SqueezeBox" or something similar in the basic settings section. The music played fine, but I couldn't get a Sambashare for access to the files on the external HDD to work.

    This morning, on a hunch, I changed the player name back to "Max2Play" rebooted and used the default terms for setup of the network share as stated at the bottom of the filesystem mount page, saved it, added a password, saved again.

    Problem solved! Love the Digione Player by the way.
    Living Room: Pi3 w/Allo Digione Player (Wired), Max2Play w/LMS Server 7.9 and SqueezeLite
    Pioneer Elite VSX 80, KEF LS50's, Paradigm SE Center, SVS SB12-NSD Subwoofer, Paradigm Atom v.5 Surrounds
    Harmony Smart Control w/Hub
    Dining Room: KEF Q100's
    Anywhere Else As Needed: Logitech Boom
    Router: Asus RT-N56U

  7. #917
    Senior Member Max2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    133
    Hi Fahzz,

    In case you still have some issues with Samba, check out the video I did on our filesystem mount plugin

  8. #918
    Senior Member Fahzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi Fahzz,

    In case you still have some issues with Samba, check out the video I did on our filesystem mount plugin
    Suggestion: You might want to caution people from changing the player name from the default in the basic settings of Max2Play or advise them that a change will also affect the default Sambashare designations.

    Thanks for the response.
    Living Room: Pi3 w/Allo Digione Player (Wired), Max2Play w/LMS Server 7.9 and SqueezeLite
    Pioneer Elite VSX 80, KEF LS50's, Paradigm SE Center, SVS SB12-NSD Subwoofer, Paradigm Atom v.5 Surrounds
    Harmony Smart Control w/Hub
    Dining Room: KEF Q100's
    Anywhere Else As Needed: Logitech Boom
    Router: Asus RT-N56U

  9. #919
    Senior Member Max2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    133

    New Max2Play Image for Raspberry Pi 3B+

    Hi guys,

    I just wanted to let you know that we now released our Stretch Image officially!

    It coincided the release of the Raspberry Pi 3B+ so already integrated the new Kernel necessary to boot the device.

    This official successor of our Jessie Image runs on all Pi's including the 3B+ and comes with a new Bluetooth speaker pairing implementation among other new features.

    Check our blog article on the release for all the details and let me know if you have any feedback

    Heiner from Max2Play

  10. #920
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi guys,

    I just wanted to let you know that we now released our Stretch Image officially!

    It coincided the release of the Raspberry Pi 3B+ so already integrated the new Kernel necessary to boot the device.

    This official successor of our Jessie Image runs on all Pi's including the 3B+ and comes with a new Bluetooth speaker pairing implementation among other new features.

    Check our blog article on the release for all the details and let me know if you have any feedback

    Heiner from Max2Play
    Good news. It would be good to know if MusicIP works on this image. The installation details for the Jessie image are in this thread.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=106958
    I think someone in that thread experienced problems when trying to install on Stretch.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •