Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The main purpose of the amazon app is to sell music which is ok. I do like the fact that you can buy a cd and also have a good rip to listen to at once. That it also let's you listen to some albums is a nice bonus. It's not going to replace google or spotify for a good, pretty complete, listening music source.

Tapatalk gave me this handy App for my Nexus 7 :-)
    Last edited by Nonreality; 2014-06-17 at 01:40.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    Interesting -- I've found Amazaon prime movies work fine on my iPad, computer, or on my tv via a Roku box. The menu/selection functions fine and haven't had issues with the streaming itself.
    Same here. Never had any streaming problems from Amazon to Roku via WiFi.

I doubt that I'll ever use the music streaming much, since I have plenty of other options, including streaming my own LMS library to my phone and to a Boom or Radio when I travel. But since I already have Prime, it doesn't bother me having the option available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogberry2 View Post
    Same here. Never had any streaming problems from Amazon to Roku via WiFi.

I doubt that I'll ever use the music streaming much, since I have plenty of other options, including streaming my own LMS library to my phone and to a Boom or Radio when I travel. But since I already have Prime, it doesn't bother me having the option available.
    +1. I've streamed lots of movies via Amazon Prime both through Roku and built in app on smartTV. Not much interest in music streaming from them as I use Spotify for that currently.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I've never had any problems with streaming. I was referring to Amazon's web interface. For players with software that use their API, I imagine it's much better.

As a matter of fact, I'm browsing Amazon's web interface right now and it looks like it's improved quite a bit from the last time I looked at it. A lot more like Netflix now.

I find LOTS of missing albums on Amazon Prime

Did you guys really do a close analysis of the stuff on Amazon Prime music? In just 30 seconds I did a quick scan through some of my favorite artists and then a few up-and-comers that I've listened to lately and I found LOTS of holes in Amazon Prime music. Yeah, it's great that it's free with my Amazon Prime subscription, but doesn't look anywhere as comprehensive as Rhapsody, Spotify, Xbox Music, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
    Did you guys really do a close analysis of the stuff on Amazon Prime music? In just 30 seconds I did a quick scan through some of my favorite artists and then a few up-and-comers that I've listened to lately and I found LOTS of holes in Amazon Prime music. Yeah, it's great that it's free with my Amazon Prime subscription, but doesn't look anywhere as comprehensive as Rhapsody, Spotify, Xbox Music, etc.
    I think it's fairly well known that Amazon Prime's music library is a fraction of the size of that of Spotify and other services.

Quote Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
    Is it free with Prime?

Or is this the new Prime with films and stuff that they doubled the membership price for?
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

Quote Originally Posted by bonze View Post
    Is it free with Prime?

Or is this the new Prime with films and stuff that they doubled the membership price for?
    free with prime (there is only one "prime" as far as I know). It used to by $79/year and they raised it for all to (I think) $99. I'm a member because of streaming free movies, TV shows and the free shipping for the seemingly hundreds of things we buy from Amazon. And the music streaming comes at no additional charge. I played with it a little on my iphone with the amazon app. Don't really need it at the moment for my squeezeboxes (between spotify, my own music, and other free stuff (internet radio). But if an app worked with it, that would be fine with me (particularly if it didn't require mysb.com). That is, something like triode's spotify 3rd party app.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    I think it's fairly well known that Amazon Prime's music library is a fraction of the size of that of Spotify and other services.
    Of what they do have they are only letting the Prime app access to a very small portion. Unless you want to buy of course.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Bit late to the party but I like a bit of something for nothing (well I had prime anyway and never noticed the music). I have a multitude of amazon devices for the video service the main one being the amazon fire TV which is hooked up to my amp so can use prime music there, my hole is in the kitchen where my boom lives? I have the amazon app on my phone and have a bluetooth speaker but would be a lot easier on the boom if anybody comes up with something? I'm still a physical music man so not really embraced any of the streaming services, so this is a nice introduction even if not to the spotify levels.
    Boom (Retired), Receiver, Squeezelite-X, Spotty, Android Squeezer and Android Squeeze Player playback
    LMS 7.9.1 on HP Proliant Microserver (WHS 2011) MusicIP & Spicefly Sugarcube