Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    Interesting -- I've found Amazaon prime movies work fine on my iPad, computer, or on my tv via a Roku box. The menu/selection functions fine and haven't had issues with the streaming itself. The current music selection seems much less extensive than most other services (they boast "over a million songs", which is a small fraction of Spotify, Rhapsody, and probably others).
    +1

And my cursory initial search fails to find any music that I want that is not available via Rhapsody.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAmes View Post
    And my cursory initial search fails to find any music that I want that is not available via Rhapsody.
    But as someone else has already pointed out, the main appeal would likely be for someone who already has Amazon Prime, but does not have Rhapsody, Spotify, or the like.

Speaking of Rhapsody, is it still working on Squeezeboxes? I'm thinking of re-subscribing now that MOG is dead. The Rhapsody pages note compatibility with the Logitech UE Radio, but nothing re Logitech Squeezebox. I wasn't sure if that was because of incompatibility, or because it's a discontinued line so they don't bother to cross-brand.

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    Speaking of Rhapsody, is it still working on Squeezeboxes? I'm thinking of re-subscribing now that MOG is dead. The Rhapsody pages note compatibility with the Logitech UE Radio, but nothing re Logitech Squeezebox. I wasn't sure if that was because of incompatibility, or because it's a discontinued line so they don't bother to cross-brand.
    Rhapsody is still working fine with my Touch and Radio (the "regular" Radio, not UE).
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: SGC microJukebox/Squeezelite> ultraRendu > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > LFD NCSE II amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.2 - 0.8.20181005git1538738519 on a 1TB microJukebox Vortexbox Appliance, SonicOrbiter V 2.7.

Amazon's audio quality stinks.

It is worse then Spotify,Itunes Radio,Pandora ,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmypowder View Post

In what way? Lower bitrate? More compression?
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

[QUOTE="Julf;783438"] In what way? Lower bitrate? More compression?[/QUOTE

I have no idea what the bitrate is but the audio quality to my ears is the worst of all the streaming services .

A couple of quotes from news articles concerning Amazon Prime Music:

"Play Music streams at a variable bitrate by default, but discerning ears can opt to listen only at its "high quality" setting of 256kbps." - The Verge

"For streaming, sound quality will be adjusted for available connectivity, which will range from a high bit rate of 256k to a low of 48k" - BillboardBiz

I didn't think anyone did 48K anymore...YIKES! I guess that's for those that connect with a tin can & string!

Jim
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.9.1 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Boom - Anywhere with an AC outlet
    Squeezebox Touch > Bose Radio - Kitchen
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch
    Ipeng on an iPad controls everything!

Quote Originally Posted by usbethjim View Post
    A couple of quotes from news articles concerning Amazon Prime Music:

"Play Music streams at a variable bitrate by default, but discerning ears can opt to listen only at its "high quality" setting of 256kbps." - The Verge

"For streaming, sound quality will be adjusted for available connectivity, which will range from a high bit rate of 256k to a low of 48k" - BillboardBiz

I didn't think anyone did 48K anymore...YIKES! I guess that's for those that connect with a tin can & string!

Jim
    I suspect the 48kbps is what it drops to on a "not strong" 3G connection on one's phone. There are ipad/iphone apps for Amazon prime streaming.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Amazon Prime Music

Nothing terribly wrong with Amazon. Prime offers additional benefits including this one. Why not use it? I have a very old Squeezebox 3 which still works perfectly. Use it all the time and would very much like to have this service added, but I don't have a clue how to do this. One of you experts could probably enable this with your eyes closed...
    Quote Originally Posted by selizaga View Post
    I just took a look at the music library that Amazon is offering and there are many artists and albums that I like. I would love to be able to play them on my SBT.

Please someone help create an app.

Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by jimmypowder View Post

Spotify is actually quite good if you set it correctly and have good wi fi. 320kbs

Tapatalk gave me this handy App for my Nexus 7 :-)
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality