Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    OK - these DFF files don't scan properly - will look at this. [there are other DFF files which do, if you could try some from other sources...]
    Yea i find something else to try , after the weekend btw I do start to like DSF more is it can carry metadata properly and be used as any other file format. Anyone tried cue sheets with dff to have metadata ?
    Last edited by Mnyb; 2014-06-22 at 05:35. Reason: Ipad spelling
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

DST compressed .dff files don't appear to scan.
    Even with a .cue sheet nothing is listed.
    Are DST compressed .dff files supported by LMS?

Quote Originally Posted by HumanMedia View Post
    DST compressed .dff files don't appear to scan.
    Even with a .cue sheet nothing is listed.
    Are DST compressed .dff files supported by LMS?
    Sorry - no DST compressed .dff support at present in the server, dsdplay or squeezelite.

Sorry - no DST compressed .dff support at present in the server, dsdplay or squeezelite.
    Maybe some of the problem files that wouldn't scan on the previous page contained DST compressed data?
    The app I use to create .dff defaults to retaining the DST compression, if it is there in the original. No notification is given that it is DST compressed, so I had a few without knowing.
    Last edited by HumanMedia; 2014-06-21 at 08:04.

I would be grateful of a few testers before I make this available from the default plugin page.
    Does this mean, when you make it available from the default plugin page, that an update to the plugin will "trump" my rpm packaged versions, (which have stripped-out the binaries), and update it, overiding the system dsdplay/soxr with your generic versions?

It looks like these files need a small change to the audioscan code - I believe they may have a corrupt comment chunk at the end which should be an even length (well won't work with the current audioscan parser). They do play though with squeezelite and dsdplay.

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Does this mean, when you make it available from the default plugin page, that an update to the plugin will "trump" my rpm packaged versions, (which have stripped-out the binaries), and update it, overiding the system dsdplay/soxr with your generic versions?
    Only if the user chooses to install it. However I am planning to change the name of the plugin so it does not conflict with your of Kimmo's included version.

Only if the user chooses to install it.
    Yes, I figured they would have to choose to install it. But a new version will appear as an update, tempting a user to update!

However I am planning to change the name of the plugin so it does not conflict with your of Kimmo's included version.
    OK. I was going to suggest me calling it something else.....

I suppose there was no further conversation to be had with Michael about the perl component of the plugin being included with core LMS? Where I am at, at the moment, for the LMS on Fedora release, is that I have done away with a separate package for the PlayDSD plugin, instead including the perl component in the core LMS rpm. dsdplay was always in a standalone rpm. That stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Yea i find something else to try , after the weekend btw I do start to like DSF more is it can carry metadata properly and be used as any other file format. Anyone tried cue sheets with dff to have metadata ?
    Tried with another set of dff files from 2L both dsd64 and dsd128 the plugin worked fine in transcoding them for my BOOM and Touch .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I have updated the linux version to avoid using openmp - if you want to update please uninstall and reinstall. Note the linux version only supports intel 32/64 bit.

Has anyone tested the windows version yet?
    Yes, with Win 7 pro. Unlike others, I have had no problems with LMS finding the dsf files. As I reported earlier, when I try to play dsf files (some from Acoustic Sounds and some ripped from SACD), all I get on the Touch is "rebuffering" at the top of the display and no sound. I have tried with and without EDO, with analog+ digital outputs and digital only, I have disabled my custom-convert, all to no avail. I get no output at all from the Receiver. I have no problems playing FLACs and WAVs at any sample rate.

Hope this helps, I would very much like to play native DSF files using the Touch. Let me know if any other info or testing might be helpful.

Jack