Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

I have the same problem as below. PiCorePlayer 4.1.0 is installed and DSDPlayer plugin v1.0 is installed in LMS 7.9.2 - 1543258616. Squeezelite is turned off on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ that is used as an LMS server. I can stream native DSD to a Squeezelite player that is attached to a USB DAC that supports it. I cannot transcode DSD to any other players. Like hellrider77, transcoding options are greyed out for DSF -> FLAC or DFF -> FLAC under File Types. In the player menu, I get "DSDPlayer will transcode DSD to PCM for this player. Use the settings below to tune resampling parameters," but there are no options displayed.

Is this a Linux problem? It works just fine on my Windows 10 PC if I run the server there.

Quote Originally Posted by hellrider77 View Post
    Hello and nice to meet you.
    This is my first post here as I am trying to get my Yamaha CD-S3000 to play DSD via piCorePlayer.

My environment looks like this:

LMS on Synology DS214:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0011.1527861596 @ Fri Jun 1 16:21:00 CEST 2018
    Hostname: DiskStation
    Operating system: Synology DiskStation - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armle-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.0 - armle-linux
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.037
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

pCP running on Raspberry Pi 2B+:

piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v4.1.0 | linux 4.14.81-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v9.2pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.0-1121-pCP |

USB DAC: Yamaha CD-S3000, 24/192 max PCM, Native DSD 128 max
    The problem is that in order for Yamaha to work in Windows with DSD, it requires an Steinberg ASIO driver.
    The device does not accept DSD via DoP, only native.

The only way I got it to work correctly in pCP was to leave blank the output setting, all devices listed did not work or worked in 48Khz resolution

I have installed DSDPlayer (now version 1.02) , in LMS under player -> DSDPlayer i get "This player supports native playback of DSD files. DSD-over-PCM should be configured on the player configuration interface."

Under File Types I only get:

DFF DFF Native or Disabled
    FLAC Greyed out - Disabled

DSF DSF Native or Disabled
    FLAC Greyed out - Disabled

I tried all recommendations on Soundcheck's blog: "soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/2018/01/raspberry-pi-audio-engine-part-6-dsd" (cannot post links as this is my first post)

DSD does not play at all, with any of the settings recommended above. I don't know what -W, -D commands stand for...

I had partial success by entering in pCP under "Device supports DSD/DoP" the value "0:dop". Yamaha plays DSD64 this way, but not DSD128.

I have no clue about squeezelite commands or linux but I am pretty good at following instructions.

Might help: I found a post regarding Yamaha CD-S2100 (probably the same USB receiver) here on the forums, as I cannot post links yet , I am copy / pasting the original post:

The OP was not interested into getting DSD working, he just left the Output Setting field blank, it worked, and moved on.

Thank you.

Sorin
    Transporter -> Classe' CP-47.5 -> Classe' CA-201 -> Martin Logan SL3

Forgive my ignorance. I found my answer earlier in the thread, where Ralphy explained the need to install the Raspberry Pi binaries. I installed DSDPlayer armhf-linux on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ running PiCorePlayer. Now I get proper conversion option for DSDPlayer on players that do not support DSD.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There are dsdplay armv6hf and armv5el binaries in the Utility folder on my lmsclients site, click Squeezebox client builds in my sig.

After installing the DSDPlayer plugin.

You need to create an armhf-linux folder under the plugins DSDPlayer/Bin folder

Then copy the files from the tar file into DSDPlayer/Bin/armhf-linux

If the shared dsdplay binary doesn't run due to missing libraries, delete it and rename dsdplay-static to dsdplay

For armv5el use arm-linux for the folder name

Restart LMS and you should be able to setup DSDPlayer from the player settings page in the webgui.
    Attachment 20155
    Transporter -> Classe' CP-47.5 -> Classe' CA-201 -> Martin Logan SL3

well, it does not work for me. Synology is different. I own DS214 which is armadaxp, I don't think there is a package for that.

well, it does not work for me. Synology is different. I own DS214 which is armadaxp, I don't think there is a package for that.
    I think there is..
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=912137
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 - 0011.1527861596 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7ĺĺ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Yes, there is, in my previous post, I sad that I have installed the latest LMS server on my NAS, i have also installed dsdplayer form the repo https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...64/repo_sf.xml , (now, version 1.02) via enable add-on in the LMS settings page. Still I can only choose between "Native" or "Disabled in Advanced/File Tipes.

In his post, ralphy points out to some binaries that should be installed in the Bin folder of the DSDPlayer add-on, I don't think those binaries work with LMS installed on my Syno....

I believe the problem is the lack of drivers for my DAC in picoreplayer. Yamaha uses some proprietary ASIO Steinberg drivers and never released them for linux, only for some pro gear but I do not think it is the same interface.

Thanks
    Last edited by hellrider77; 2018-12-28 at 05:40.

In his post, ralphy points out to some binaries that should be installed in the Bin folder of the DSDPlayer add-on, I don't think those binaries work with LMS installed on my Syno....
    Thanks
    The ARM versions of Synology in this respect have a similar architecture as the Pi. I actually did the manual install of Ralphys armhf binaries and it worked on my Synology DS216Play which is ARMv7l codename Monaco (whereas the one from settings plugin did not).
    No guarantee, but it could be worth a try. You could also try using the C3PO plugin instead.
    On the other hand, playing DSD64 natively isn't so bad after all..
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 - 0011.1527861596 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7ĺĺ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

I installed the C-3PO plugin. The result is
    Code:
    The SOX version in use does not handle DSD formats. See instructions here:www.audiodigitale.eu.

I installed the C-3PO plugin. The result is
    Code:
    The SOX version in use does not handle DSD formats. See instructions here:www.audiodigitale.eu.
    To use DSD C-3PO needs a modified version of SOX by Mansr, you could get it for your architecture from www.audiodigitale.eu, but any version of sox capable to handle DSD should works.

EDIT:

BTW, I don't think the Synology NAS with ARM processor has enough power to handle PCM to DSD conversion.
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2019-01-02 at 04:53.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by HappyStreamer View Post
    I'm using a Squeezebox Duet (and sometimes the Squeezebox 2, with the fun little display) connected via optical out to a Teac UD-501 DAC. The USB port is meant for my PC. The server is the kindly by pinkdot supplied LogitechMediaServer-x86_64-7.9.2-168.0014.spk (source site), which runs on a Synology DS216+.
    Now, I'm trying to get DSD playback working. I installed the DSDPlayer (v1.0) by Daphile and Triode. I then set the Soxr Quality, Filter and Steep Filter in Player --> DSDPlayer. In Advanced --> File Types, I set DFF to Native/dsdplay/dsdplay and DSD to Native/dsdplay/dsdplay. Nothing else was set/touched, but the server has been rebooted multiple times now.
    When I open a .dsf file, or at least try to, it just gets stuck at a progress of 0:00 and doesn't play at all. Playing an entire album means every song is skipped. I'm not quite sure what's going on, could someone have a look? I took some logs from the LMS (and censored them a bit, privacy stuff) and I'll attach them below. Maybe you guys can figure out whether it doesn't work - and whether it will even work?

Due to the length of the log, it'll be attached as a .log file: Attachment 25853
    To avoid a WHAT DID YOU SEE, DenverCoder9?!-scenario: I fixed it by quite simply adding the right repository (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...64/repo_sf.xml) to my LMS and updating to DSDPlayer v1.02. All's fine now, DSD/DFF is converted to 44.1 KHz PCM by the Squeezebox Receiver and the SB2. What I do wonder though: Is there a way to convert to let's say 96 KHz, or is that pointless anyway?
    SB Duet & SB 2 using LMS $currentVersion on the DS216+