Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

Not even on all 7.9 installations there is a particular perl module "audio scan" that must be of version 0.95 this is platform dependent CPU OS etc it can still be 0.93 on some platforms ,,this can probably be built and compiled on most platforms but...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    That is unfortunate. It was worth a try. This could also be a plugin issue in combination with Synology. I don't know.
    I never heard anyone reporting that this(DSD) is working with Synology. Let's hope I'm wrong at this point ;-)
    Just thought I'd close the loop and post the link to the solution:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post860311

Copy /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/lib/libFLAC.so.8

to the following two directories:

/volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/DSDPlayer/Bin/i386-linux
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/DSDPlayer/Bin/x86_64-linux

so DSDPlay can find it

Streaming DoP also works over Toslink or RCA, if the DAC (such as the Chord Mojo) supports DoP over those inputs.

Lets hope Pinkdot manages to adapt the Plugin, so that it searches for libFLAC.so.8 in the right location, making the manual copying unnecessary.
    Last edited by jacobacci; 2016-08-29 at 14:24.

Hi jacobacci

I just did what you have suggested and it works fine.

Thanks

Max

Glad it worked, mmstos
    Credit to kiat for the original solution, the direct link to his post in is my original post. I just added the directory names to make it easier.

DSDPlayer plugin on Synology - activate for one player and not the second one

Hello,

Martin (Pinkdot) published a new DSDPlayer for Synology that now works.
    See this post: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post861713

The only thing in my case is that I have two players, one supporting DSD (so I checked the box in DSDPlay) and the second one not supporting DSD (so box unchecked)
    The two values being different brings an unfortunate behavior:
    if I want DSD tracks to be decoded on both players, both players need to have the "Enable DSD-over-PCM" unchecked and I will hear PCM everywhere.
    If I leave the box checked for the first player and unchecked for the second, the first player will read the DSD track fine but the second will only issue silence (even with no synchronization: each player getting a different DSD track)

Is that a known behaviour?

Regards,

Charles
    Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer 5.0 with Audio-GD I2S hdmi output -> PS Audio DirectStream -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.

converted (downsampled) dsd output through touch

Hi all,

My LMS 7.9 and touch (using latest firmware) with EDO play through COAX into a Cambridge audio Azur 640 surround receiver, that I use for both music (from the touch) and multimedia.

Although I am quite pleased with the sound, the coaxial input is limited to 24 bit / 96KHz.

I am now starting to collect some Hi Rez material, including dsf/dff files and have installed the dsd player plugin v.1.0

The touch seems to play the tracks quite happily

I have tried various settings on the file type and squeezebox DSDPlayer configuration interfaces. Most result in nasty white noise from the "dac"/decoder, while disabling DFF | DFF and DSF | DSF and choosing dsdplay for DFF | FLAC and DSF | FLAC did give me (very muffled and faint) sound out.

DOP on or off gives no noticable difference.

So I am left with three options:

1. (Ideally) Buy a DSD-capable DAC and play back through that. This would have to be extreme budget equipment at present, but any suggestions gratefully received.
    2. Can I resample the output from the touch, using the Soxr settings on the DSDPlayer config for the touch? I can't find any description of settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or suggest settings I could try?
    3. (least favourite solution). I ca down-sample the source files using dsf2flac, but would prefer not to do this, in case I go for option 1 later.

I'd be really glad of any help or advice that anyone can give.

BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    Hi all,

My LMS 7.9 and touch (using latest firmware) with EDO play through COAX into a Cambridge audio Azur 640 surround receiver, that I use for both music (from the touch) and multimedia.

Although I am quite pleased with the sound, the coaxial input is limited to 24 bit / 96KHz.

I am now starting to collect some Hi Rez material, including dsf/dff files and have installed the dsd player plugin v.1.0

The touch seems to play the tracks quite happily

I have tried various settings on the file type and squeezebox DSDPlayer configuration interfaces. Most result in nasty white noise from the "dac"/decoder, while disabling DFF | DFF and DSF | DSF and choosing dsdplay for DFF | FLAC and DSF | FLAC did give me (very muffled and faint) sound out.

DOP on or off gives no noticable difference.

So I am left with three options:

1. (Ideally) Buy a DSD-capable DAC and play back through that. This would have to be extreme budget equipment at present, but any suggestions gratefully received.
    2. Can I resample the output from the touch, using the Soxr settings on the DSDPlayer config for the touch? I can't find any description of settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or suggest settings I could try?
    3. (least favourite solution). I ca down-sample the source files using dsf2flac, but would prefer not to do this, in case I go for option 1 later.

I'd be really glad of any help or advice that anyone can give.

BR.
    Hi BR,

Edo on the SBT gives 24/192 max on both spdif outputs.

Looking at the spec for your receiver I can see no USB input which would be needed for DSD in direct form.

One of the cheapest DSD dacs that work with the SBT usb output is this

There are lots more if you google.

Ignore the people who tell you not to bother as you are only buying padded out files .

Enjoy your music.

If you are in the UK pm me and I can post a couple for you to try (if your not in a hurry ).

atb

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Hi BR,

Edo on the SBT gives 24/192 max on both spdif outputs.

Looking at the spec for your receiver I can see no USB input which would be needed for DSD in direct form.

One of the cheapest DSD dacs that work with the SBT usb output is this

There are lots more if you google.

Ignore the people who tell you not to bother as you are only buying padded out files .

Enjoy your music.

If you are in the UK pm me and I can post a couple for you to try (if your not in a hurry ).

atb

ronnie

Hi Ronnie and thanks for your answer.

I was looking at the ifi, both Nano and Micro (I see that the micro supports up to DSD512, but that's probably overkill).

As I really don't have much money to spend right now I was also wondering about one of these (or similar) from ebay, but being Chinese, I worry about the quality.

Can anyone give any advice regarding the Soxr settings?
    Cheers!

--Marius--

I bought a S.M.S.L Sanskrit Pro and have it connected over USB. 192KHz flac files play fine.

DSD I haven't managed to make work at all yet. The DAC is based on the CMEDIA CM6632A chip, which should handle DSD up to 5.6MHz.

I have tried both DFF DFF disabled
    FLAC dsdplay

DSF DSF disabled
    FLAC dsdplay

as well as DFF DFF native
    FLAC dsdplay

DSF DSF native
    FLAC dsdplay

Both of which "play" the file, but no sound is produced.

At the player settings page, I have tried both checking and unchecking DSD over PCM and setting
    and removing:

Soxr Quality: High quality

Soxr Filter: Linear Phase

Soxr Steep Filter: Soxr Steep Filter

None of which seems to make any difference.

Disabling DFF/DSF: Flac on the file types causes the file not to play at all.

I have Player volume fixed at 100% and am using EDO (with the standard EDO kernel) and audio output set to USB Sanskrit pro.

I have tried the three available USB DAC kernels (EDO Release kernel and TEST kernels #11 and #12), none of which make much difference.

Does anyone know of a different kernel or patch that would allow DSD to work into the CMEDIA CM6632A ?

Many thanks.

--Marius--

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/products/US..._SPEED/CM6632A

ask the mfg?

At a complete guess, and if you have a windows OS computer, try foobar2000. You will need to check out what to do, this will/should confirm if it actually plays your DSD.

Warning!! drink has been taken!!
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2016-09-30 at 15:17.