Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

Quote Originally Posted by 808htfan View Post
    So I used ISO2DSD to make some .dff's (wanted to use dsf but what to use to convert dff->dsf?), installed LMS 7.9.0-1407419807 on Win7 x64, installed DSDPlayer plugin, and briefly tested a few...they play fine at 176.4 thru coax to my AVR.

A few questions:

What DSDPlayer settings for Soxr (Quality, Filter, and Steep Filter) are suggested? I left them at (none selected), I don't know what any of them mean... What controls the sample rate? I might want to try 88.2 on a different player, it's not wired to my router and there's a lot of interference from other networks around here.

What about Replaygain? Ok, to analyse and add values, etc?

And again, if going iso->dsf is to be avoided, what to use to convert dff to dsf? I'd like to use dsf as I see Mp3tag supports it.

Thanks again
    Regarding the setup..
    please see: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post783765

Regarding 176kHz showing:
    I have seen the same if:
    1) Volume is NOT set to 100% (my DAC display shows 176kHz if Volume is set below 100%. If it is set to 100% then my DAC shows DSD64)
    2) Wlan signal is not good. Try to run the Squeezebox via Ethernet instead. (i did have a lot of refuffering when using WLAN)
    3) I did have some issues with connecting when using the web browser. I did restart LMS and the mac a couple times and then connection was OK and the DAC showed DSD64. :-)

Br
    Caad.
    Last edited by Caad; 2014-08-09 at 05:31.

Thanks... I'll try those settings

How about Replaygain? Is it OK use with DSD/.dsf/.dff?

About 176.4, I should clarify...The DAC in my AVR is not DSD capable so I should expect that, right?. I did not enable DSD-over-PCM. One of my SBT's is wired to my router, another is in an area such that it has to use wifi. In order to reduce the buffering attempts I wanted to try and change the sample rate output to 88.2 for the Touch on wifi since there's a lot of interference from the neighbors' wifi nets. Do any of the plugin settings do that?

And if anyone comes across a utility to convert dff->dsf please let me know.

Thanks again.

And THANKS Triode, etc...
    I want NBC's Ed on DVD/Blu-ray!

Thanks... I'll try those settings

How about Replaygain? Is it OK use with DSD/.dsf/.dff?

About 176.4, I should clarify...The DAC in my AVR is not DSD capable so I should expect that, right?. I did not enable DSD-over-PCM. One of my SBT's is wired to my router, another is in an area such that it has to use wifi. In order to reduce the buffering attempts I wanted to try and change the sample rate output to 88.2 for the Touch on wifi since there's a lot of interference from the neighbors' wifi nets. Do any of the plugin settings do that?

Thanks again.

And THANKS Triode, etc...
    The Touch on wi-fi does it need to have EDO innstalled ? If you use a standard Touch and not DoP DSD gets converted to something <96 k it migth actuall be 88.2 .

Or do you have super capable hifi DAC in every room
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I am on OSX not Windows and use this free drag and drop utility - "dff2dsf"
    http://2manyrobots.com/plaster/
    (at the bottom of the page)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    The Touch on wi-fi does it need to have EDO innstalled ? If you use a standard Touch and not DoP DSD gets converted to something <96 k it migth actuall be 88.2 .

Or do you have super capable hifi DAC in every room
    I think I understand what you mean...If I uninstall EDO on the SBT using wifi, it will 'max out' at 96 and maybe 88.2 for .dsf/.dff. I had not thought about that, Thanks.
    I don't actually have super hifi DACs , just two home theater receivers. One AVR in the 'TV room' with a 5.1 setup and the other in just a bedroom w/ 2.1. Now I'm wondering, Does multi-channel work for .dsf/.dff?

Quote Originally Posted by HumanMedia View Post
    I am on OSX not Windows and use this free drag and drop utility - "dff2dsf"
    http://2manyrobots.com/plaster/
    (at the bottom of the page)
    Thanks, too bad for me it looks like Mac only.

I tried making .dsf with ISO2DSD, they seem to play OK. What should the bug cause to happen?

Something wierd happened though, for one (haven't tried that many) ISO->.dsf the files weren't seen by LMS scan.

Thanks

I think I understand what you mean...If I uninstall EDO on the SBT using wifi, it will 'max out' at 96 and maybe 88.2 for .dsf/.dff. I had not thought about that, Thanks.
    I don't actually have super hifi DACs , just two home theater receivers. One AVR in the 'TV room' with a 5.1 setup and the other in just a bedroom w/ 2.1. Now I'm wondering, Does multi-channel work for .dsf/.dff?

Thanks, too bad for me it looks like Mac only.

I tried making .dsf with ISO2DSD, they seem to play OK. What should the bug cause to happen?

Something wierd happened though, for one (haven't tried that many) ISO->.dsf the files weren't seen by LMS scan.

Thanks
    But there is no way to transport 5.1 discrete ncompressed channels over spdif you need hdmi for that . Anything spdif is 2ch with the exceptions of DD or DTS who are compressed formats .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    But there is no way to transport 5.1 discrete ncompressed channels over spdif you need hdmi for that . Anything spdif is 2ch with the exceptions of DD or DTS who are compressed formats .
    Good point. I didn't think about that one either...

The bug is there. It chops off the end of tracks. If there is silence at the end of the track you may not hear it. Otherwise there will be a click.
    http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f1...problem-18114/

Ok, Thanks.

That link mentions Audiogate converting .dff->.dsf, maybe there's a free version of that...I'll have to look, I've never used it before. Hopefully I can find something. I've also tried editing .dff's metadata w/ foobar. Seems like it works...?

And what about Audio::Scan 0.94 for the NETGEAR ReadyNas (i386)?

I've just downloaded and installed logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-1409915004-i386-readynas.bin in my ReadyNas Ultra 4. DFF / DSF filetypes and the DSDPlayer config menu do appear in the LMS configuration pages, but DFF / DSF files are not being indexed by the server (Audio::Scan still shows 0.93).

Thanks in advance!
    Pablo
    My blog :: http://www.pablofelip.tk