Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

Quote Originally Posted by HumanMedia View Post
    Is there any way of defining the maximum sample rate of PCM conversion for each player?
    Through the 'Other params' flags?

Reason being that while the SBT player can handle up to 192khz, if a DAC that it is attached to only supports up to 96khz, it won't work. If I could configure this on a player by player basis it would be great.

BTW DoP is working perfectly on another SBT attached to a DSD DAC. It is so good to only have one set of .dsf files and have them dynamically converted to the format the DAC supports. The way it should be!
    If you don't install EDO on that player it will report itself to LMS as 96kHz capable you also loses the DoP option but I *think* DoP is only possible with very high rates anyway ? And won't fly in a 24/96 container anyway ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    If you don't install EDO on that player it will report itself to LMS as 96kHz capable you also loses the DoP option but I *think* DoP is only possible with very high rates anyway ? And won't fly in a 24/96 container anyway ?
    Yes DoP is for my main system SBT to a DSD DAC, no changes there it all works perfectly.
    I have a second system with SBT only doing PCM. I didn't want to get into details, but that PCM DAC does actually do 192khz but not 176khz, so doesn't work with the default PCM conversion to 176K. So if I could set it to 88K, problem solved. It also only accepts 48k data if connected by USB, so same applies there to limit it to 48K when connected that way.

Anyways giving the per-device setting for PCM conversion would solve any permutation for this DAC, and Im guessing it would for other peoples DACs as well.

What I love about DSDPlay is that it allows me to store one set of .dsf files all tagged. Then PlayDSD will convert them to whatever format is necessary for a particular device in the household, on-the-fly customised to that device. Brilliant. I was figuring that sample rate might be add-able since custom flags can be sent to sox for each device(?)

Yes DoP is for my main system SBT to a DSD DAC, no changes there it all works perfectly.
    I have a second system with SBT only doing PCM. I didn't want to get into details, but that PCM DAC does actually do 192khz but not 176khz, so doesn't work with the default PCM conversion to 176K. So if I could set it to 88K, problem solved. It also only accepts 48k data if connected by USB, so same applies there to limit it to 48K when connected that way.

Anyways giving the per-device setting for PCM conversion would solve any permutation for this DAC, and Im guessing it would for other peoples DACs as well.

What I love about DSDPlay is that it allows me to store one set of .dsf files all tagged. Then PlayDSD will convert them to whatever format is necessary for a particular device in the household, on-the-fly customised to that device. Brilliant. I was figuring that sample rate might be add-able since custom flags can be sent to sox for each device(?)
    That was a bit of an oddball DAC 88.2 but not 96 otherwise it had been solved by a standard Touch using coax . But the issue is not limited to DSD files the setting has to be more general for the player an issue for LMS itself or another plugin .

But I've seen people,using customconvert.conf files with special rules for a particular player by its mac adress ,complicated ?

And yes an idea for some sort of digital out capability plugin with very detailed settings (if it included settings to block DTS or ac3 files it would also be nice ) buts it's a bit of a niche need , hence very well,suited for a plugin .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Anyone successfully running DSDPlay on a Windows LMS install yet?
    Is the plugin installing to the correct directory on Windows?
    Any feedback?

Anyone successfully running DSDPlay on a Windows LMS install yet?
    Is the plugin installing to the correct directory on Windows?
    Any feedback?
    I'm afraid there was a bug with the Windows version - could you try uninstalling the plugin and then reinstalling it. This should get you a slightly updated version which hopefully works better...

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    I'm afraid there was a bug with the Windows version - could you try uninstalling the plugin and then reinstalling it. This should get you a slightly updated version which hopefully works better...
    Eureka! That did the trick. Playing dsf on Touch and receiver. Will try other players soon.

Thanks much Triode. This opens a new horizon.

Now, any chance that PlayDSD could convert FLAC files to DSD over PCM?? In other words my entire FLAC and dsf library could be streamed as DSD over PCM??

Quote Originally Posted by JIJ3 View Post
    Now, any chance that PlayDSD could convert FLAC files to DSD over PCM?? In other words my entire FLAC and dsf library could be streamed as DSD over PCM??
    Sorry no - dsdplay won't do this..

Well, I guess I meant a future version. I would add this to wish list...

Quote Originally Posted by JIJ3 View Post
    Why do you want that?