Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 63 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Ok, after configuring the RPi+, both it and the RPi are working fine on their respective HiFiBerry DACs.

PiCorePlayer configures the ALSA paramaters for HiFiBerry DAC as "80:4::", on SoA do I enter 80 in the first box, 4 in the second and leave the last two blank ?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Thanks for finding - typo in the code for setting a dns domain - can you do an update from the update page and then try again. The update should pull the new code from github and reinstall soa-web. You will have to refresh the browser after this and then you should hopefully be able to save a dns domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Confirmed, soa-web r35.d0f6deb-1 saves and sets the domain. Thank you.
    Unfortunately, I didn't notice before, the domain field is not repopulated after switching pages. Looks like the get function in NetworkConfig.lua doesn't include handling for the field.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice before, the domain field is not repopulated after switching pages. Looks like the get function in NetworkConfig.lua doesn't include handling for the field.
    Oops - shows this has not been tested... Could you try it now - just "update" from the web interface.

Oops - shows this has not been tested... Could you try it now - just "update" from the web interface.
    Using soa-web r38.bf70aa7-1 the domain field is repopulated. If I make changes to the static section and click interface down/interface up, only the 1st dns entry is written to /etc/resolv.conf, none of the other fields.

Code:
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # This file is managed by systemd-resolved(8). Do not edit.
    #
    # Third party programs must not access this file directly, but
    # only through the symlink at /etc/resolv.conf. To manage
    # resolv.conf(5) in a different way, replace the symlink by a
    # static file or a different symlink.

nameserver 192.168.100.1
    I have to reboot before all fields are written, which is fine if that's the intended behaviour.

Code:
    # cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Generated by resolvconf
    domain dap.ca
    nameserver 192.168.100.1
    nameserver 192.168.100.252
    Note the different comments at the top of resolv.conf. The 1st one is after an interface down/up the 2nd is after a save and reboot.
    Ralphy

Using soa-web r38.bf70aa7-1 the domain field is repopulated. If I make changes to the static section and click interface down/interface up, only the 1st dns entry is written to /etc/resolv.conf, none of the other fields.

Code:
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # This file is managed by systemd-resolved(8). Do not edit.
    #
    # Third party programs must not access this file directly, but
    # only through the symlink at /etc/resolv.conf. To manage
    # resolv.conf(5) in a different way, replace the symlink by a
    # static file or a different symlink.

nameserver 192.168.100.1
    I have to reboot before all fields are written, which is fine if that's the intended behaviour.

Code:
    # cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Generated by resolvconf
    domain dap.ca
    nameserver 192.168.100.1
    nameserver 192.168.100.252
    Note the different comments at the top of resolv.conf. The 1st one is after an interface down/up the 2nd is after a save and reboot.
    These entries are written to /etc/resolv.conf by the arch linux network services - controlled by netctl. All I am doing is editing the configuration file for the interface - e.g /etc/netctl/eth0. Doing interface updown then does netctl stop, netctl start for the interface. If anyone has advise on anything extra to run after this to update the dns config then happy to test it...

Hi Triode,

I find that my CIFS share is never remounted after a reboot (I always have to click the remount button in the SoA web interface). Do you know why this is?

Regards

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x4 (Kids, Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.9.2 for PCP
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone6/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

These entries are written to /etc/resolv.conf by the arch linux network services - controlled by netctl. All I am doing is editing the configuration file for the interface - e.g /etc/netctl/eth0. Doing interface updown then does netctl stop, netctl start for the interface. If anyone has advise on anything extra to run after this to update the dns config then happy to test it...
    Thanks for fixing the domain field in soa-web.

Looks like I have both netctl (static) and systemd-networkd (dhcp) managing eth0 and that's why my resolv.conf is getting over written after a time. It doesn't appear to be related to updating /etc/netctl/eth0 as I first thought.
    Code:
    [root@rpi network]# cat /etc/systemd/network/eth0.network
    [Match]
    Name=eth0

[Network]
    DHCP=both

[root@rpi network]# cat /etc/netctl/eth0
    # created by soa-web Tue Oct 14 07:23:29 2014
    Description='configuration for eth0'
    Interface=eth0
    Connection=ethernet
    IP=static
    Address='192.168.100.23/255.255.255.0'
    Gateway='192.168.100.1'
    DNS=('192.168.100.1' '192.168.100.252')
    DNSDomain='dap.ca'
    This is a new install from a couple days ago. The archlinux wiki suggests disabling all netctl services and use systemd-networkd.

Looks like it's related to using netctl in soa-web but arch is managing eth0 with networkd now.

Code:
    [root@rpi network]# systemctl | grep network
      systemd-networkd.service                                                                     loaded active running   Network Service
      network.target                                                                               loaded active active    Network
    [root@rpi network]# systemctl | grep netctl
      netctl@eth0.service                                                                          loaded active exited    configuration for eth0
      system-netctl.slice                                                                          loaded active active    system-netctl.slice
    I have a dhcp reservation for my rpi with the same IP as the static I'm using above. That might explain why I have two default gateways defined, one from networkd and the other from netctl

Code:
    [root@rpi network]# netstat -rn
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
    0.0.0.0         192.168.100.1   0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 eth0
    0.0.0.0         192.168.100.1   0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 eth0
    192.168.100.0   0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth0
    192.168.100.1   0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH        0 0          0 eth0
    I fixed this by stopping networkd managing eth0 by deleting /etc/systemd/network/eth0.network and rebooting, now I only have one default gw and resolv.conf has all entries from soa-web.
    Ralphy

FWIW, I experienced a similar issue to Ralphy on my manually installed PogoPlug. I tried to set a static IP from the web interface and used the web interface to restart the network. Really slow response then, and also found 2 DHCP addresses assigned. Went back to one of the DHCP and worked fine, but still with 2 addresses. Deleted the one I wasn't using for the LMS interface and still working fine. Ralphy's explanation sounds persuasive.

Mainly because it offers all we need as a player only solution with a usb dac. Its got a real usb implementation which is much better than the Pi and also has more cpu power. It can run squeezelite and jivelite fine on its single core (which can be a stress for a Pi). Price is also not too bad. It does not have on board wifi, but arch supports usb wifi adaptors and the one I have works out of the box. I think the dual core version with msata is likely to be a viable server with a flash card in the msata port. The other advantage is that there's a more up to date linux kernel for it than the Wandboard which includes patches to support spdif bitrates etc so there is no need for the SoA custom kernel. That said - its really the same hardware as the Wandboard in a different form factor...
    Hi Adrian,

I'm just trying this out with a 1TB mSata card. Starting with a new card, you have to ssh into the Hummingboard and partition the card, then create a new file system /dev/sda1, add a /storage mount point for /dev/sda using the SoA UI, then enable samba and add /storage to samba (in the SoA UI). After rebooting I was able to see the shared folder from my OSX machine but couldn't copy any files into it. I have since changed the owner of /storage to nobody:nobody and rebooted, and it is now copying music files over on to the mSata drive. I have installed LMS already so my next step is to set that up and see how it performs, so I will report back in a day or so.

As you can't really plug mSata drives easily into another computer to set them up it would be helpful to have a short step by step guide for getting an internal mSata drive running with LMS and showing how to copy your music files onto it over the network. I'm a unix novice - when SOA created the /storage mount point, should it have changed the ownership to nobody:nobody?

If this works OK I'll try to get ad-hoc wireless working and see if it can be used as a standalone server/player controlled via iPeng.

Regards, Steve.

I don't know if it's pure coincidence or not but I've not had any problems rebooting Cubox-i4 since installing 'irqbalance'.

pacman -S irqbalance

Seems to work equally well on soft reboot through SoA and hard reboot from pulling power.

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.92 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macos Hich Sierra
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS