Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Triode,

Talking of the RPi, I don't know if you've seen this, and whether it provokes any thoughts re: jivelite : http://www.instructables.com/id/Wall...y-Pi/?ALLSTEPS

Triode,
    I have followed the readme and installed LMS on Arch running in Android chroot of a OdroidU3. Installation went smooth but I can't start and reach LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by mkkyah View Post
    Triode,
    I have followed the readme and installed LMS on Arch running in Android chroot of a OdroidU3. Installation went smooth but I can't start and reach LMS.
    Did you run the the separate install script for lms?

Does the web interface for the configuration interface exit? What does it show for lms status?

If you ssh into the device and type "systemctl status logitecmediaserver.service" what do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Did you run the the separate install script for lms?

Does the web interface for the configuration interface exit? What does it show for lms status?

If you ssh into the device and type "systemctl status logitecmediaserver.service" what do you see?
    -Yes, I did start with lms install script, it compiled and installed perfectly. My intention was to easily install only LMS on this chroot. After not beeing able to start LMS I have run "./soa-install.sh", too. I have prepared Arch image with only ssh, no gui or vnc.

-I tried 192.168.1.237 (ip of U3) no web interface.

-"systemctl status logitecmediaserver.service" and "systemctl start logitecmediaserver.service" both return "Running in chroot, ignoring request." message.

PS:I know that your project is not developed to be installed in Android chroot; but if you need it to be tested on full U3 installation, please let me know I can give it a try next week.

Quote Originally Posted by mkkyah View Post
    -Yes, I did start with lms install script, it compiled and installed perfectly. My intention was to easily install only LMS on this chroot. After not beeing able to start LMS I have run "./soa-install.sh", too. I have prepared Arch image with only ssh, no gui or vnc.

-I tried 192.168.1.237 (ip of U3) no web interface.

-"systemctl status logitecmediaserver.service" and "systemctl start logitecmediaserver.service" both return "Running in chroot, ignoring request." message.

PS:I know that your project is not developed to be installed in Android chroot; but if you need it to be tested on full U3 installation, please let me know I can give it a try next week.
    Afraid I can't comment on the android chroot - could you try with a full arch image. In the case of installing on a normal arch image, once installed you need to enable the service either manually or via the web interface:

Code:
    [root@alarm soa-aur]# systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service
    ● logitechmediaserver.service - Logitech Media Server Daemon
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/logitechmediaserver.service; disabled)
       Active: inactive (dead)
    [root@alarm soa-aur]# systemctl enable logitechmediaserver.service
    ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/logitechmediaserver.service' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/logitechmediaserver.service'
    [root@alarm soa-aur]# systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service
    [root@alarm soa-aur]# systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service
    ● logitechmediaserver.service - Logitech Media Server Daemon
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/logitechmediaserver.service; enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Sat 2014-05-31 05:08:31 MDT; 16s ago
     Main PID: 11726 (slimserver.pl)
       CGroup: /system.slice/logitechmediaserver.service
               └─11726 /usr/bin/perl /opt/logitechmediaserver/slimserver.pl --prefsdir /opt/logitechmediaserver/prefs --cachedir /opt/logitechmed...

If that helps, only Arch is giving that "running in chroot" message. I tried deb installation on Arch(chroot), Fedora and Debian before, others started or tried to start service(with errors); only Arch rejected to start service. On the other hand, compiling and starting LMS in Debian(chroot) ended with success.

I will test soa-aur on a clean pure Arch image after I finish my chroot work and let you know.
    Thanks

Update: sdcard installer script

Upadate: I now have a slightly more user friendly way of creating the Arch Linux sdcard image. This is only for linux, but you can use an existing linux desktop or a wandboard having booted into another linux version.

To create an sdcard image using a wandboard. Boot into another linux release (e.g. download the offical ubuntu release) on a card in the main cpu module and open a terminal session over ssh or on the console. Then place a blank card in the second microsd card slot (/dev/mmcblk1). Then download and run the install script (replacing 'quad' with 'dual' for a dual wandboard)
    Code:
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SqueezeOnArch/soa-installers/master/create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh
    chmod 755 create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh
    sudo ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh quad /dev/mmcblk1
    To use another linux machine run the same script and use the location of the sdcard as /dev/sdX in the following:
    Code:
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SqueezeOnArch/soa-installers/master/create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh
    chmod 755 create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh
    sudo ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh quad /dev/sdX
    In both cases once the script completes, remove the card and place in the cpu slot of the wandboard and then reboot. It should automatically download additional Arch Linux and then build then Squeeze on Arch applications. This can take several minutes. The web interface should become available on port 80 of the device once it is built which will take ~10mins and will show on the home page what the current status of build/installation is.

Note at present LMS is not installed by this script.
    Last edited by Triode; 2014-06-01 at 06:40.

Triode,

I get an error - ??

Code:
    ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh quad /dev/sdc
    ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
    ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh: line 6: `<!DOCTYPE html>'

Quote Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
    Triode,

I get an error - ??

Code:
    ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh quad /dev/sdc
    ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
    ./create-sdcard-soa-wand.sh: line 6: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
    Ops - I pasted in the wrong github urls - try the instructions again (just updated). You were getting an html page including the script, not the script itself.

I just tried the procedure as described on the Arch Linux pages (as indicated in post #1 of this thread).
    The Wandboard does not boot at all with this process. I monitored the WB through the serial port and nothing happens.

Could this be caused by the writing of the u-boot? Because after the u-boot is written to the SD card I can't mount it anymore.

It doesn't mention this but is the size of the SD card important for the process as documented on the Arch Linux pages?
    For the record, I tried this with a 4 GB SD card.

Haven't tried your script yet but I want to understand what is going on.
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX for storage
    RPI 2B running LMS 7.9.2.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon