Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    If you have a fresh wandboard then you can load the standard ubuntu image to enable you to do this.
    How about a wandboard running Fedora CSOS F19 R8?

I've tried the sdcard install as detailed on the archlinux web page and I'm getting the same issue as kesey - no IP address given by DHCP. I've got no serial cable to try as an alternative, I've ordered one so will see what that tells me.

My wandboard is a Quad and my SD card is a Samsung Class 10 16GB.

Quote Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
    How about a wandboard running Fedora CSOS F19 R8?

I've tried the sdcard install as detailed on the archlinux web page and I'm getting the same issue as kesey - no IP address given by DHCP. I've got no serial cable to try as an alternative, I've ordered one so will see what that tells me.

My wandboard is a Quad and my SD card is a Samsung Class 10 16GB.
    I did it from a fedora image fine. (also from a ubuntu PC VM) Did you make sure you installed the uboot as well as the filesystem?

I've tried the sdcard install as detailed on the archlinux web page and I'm getting the same issue as kesey - no IP address given by DHCP.
    WHat is running the DHCP server ? If it is a router there is often a web page (e.g. Lan statistics) which list off the allocated IP addresses and often a system name.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    WHat is running the DHCP server ? If it is a router there is often a web page (e.g. Lan statistics) which list off the allocated IP addresses and often a system name.
    It's my router, I've checked there, no joy.

I guess I must have followed the instructions incorrectly. I did all the commands as root using sudo. I'll try again.

It's my router, I've checked there, no joy.

I guess I must have followed the instructions incorrectly. I did all the commands as root using sudo. I'll try again.
    Try doing running a shell as root rather than using sudo per command - I think there's some cases when the extraction may need to run as root. (Its the arch extraction which is not working - you have not got to my installer?)

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Try doing running a shell as root rather than using sudo per command - I think there's some cases when the extraction may need to run as root. (Its the arch extraction which is not working - you have not got to my installer?)

Thanks for the suggestion, no joy, unfortunately. I ran the Archlinux install in another login shell (sudo su - root). I'll call it a day today!

The untar works fine, I can see the file system created on the card whilst it is still mounted (prior to unmounting and dd'ing the uboot.)

UPDATE - user error: /dev/mmcblk1 and /dev/mmcblk1p1 are different.. oops.
    Last edited by badboygolf16v; 2014-05-29 at 15:29.

Triode,

I know the focus is primarily on the Wandboard, and possibly other ARM based devices, but as your soa-aur can install on i686 & x86_64 is it worth editing your first post to highlight the fact that it can fill the gap after the loss of the CSOS i686 & x86_64 Fedora repos?

I had previously turned an old laptop, that was running XP, into a squeezebox with a combo of Fedora 20 + CSOS repos and a few configuration tweaks. With your soa-aur you can now do the same with ARCH, for example with Manjaro XFCE, as tested in VirtualBox.

In this case ,just comment out the "jivelite-autologin" lines in soa-install.sh to give you a normal login/desktop, but then configure it to autostart jivelite after a normal user login. Switch to second workspace and have a key binding to bring up the browser with homepages of WebUI and LMS.

Trivial tweak of joggler skin by changing "setvideomode" values, and XFCE panel autohide on in workspace one.

Switch to workspace two and configure a key combo to open browser with two home pages.

The Archlinux ip address still refuses to show up under an ipscan, or when doing a DHCP client list with my router.

The following is the lsblk read-out for the CSOS card in the main Wandboard SD card slot, my USB hard disk, and the ArchLinux card in the second slot:

[fedora@wandboard ~]$ lsblk
    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    mmcblk0 179:0 0 7.4G 0 disk
    ‚‚mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 500M 0 part /boot
    ‚‚mmcblk0p2 179:2 0 500M 0 part
    ‚‚mmcblk0p3 179:3 0 6.3G 0 part /
    sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
    ‚‚sda1 8:1 0 931.5G 0 part /storage
    mmcblk1 179:8 0 7.4G 0 disk
    ‚‚mmcblk1p1 179:9 0 7.4G 0 part

There are 3 partitions on the CSOS Fedora card, and only 1 one the Archlinux card. The Archlinux card was created while logged in as root on a laptop running Archlinux on a USB stick. Interestingly the USB hard disk drive did spin up when I tried to boot up under ArchLinux.
    Squeezebox Classic:2; Duet: 1; Boom:1; Touch:1.
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 latest nightly on Linux Mint; (backup:Win 10 Pro 64 bit) iPeng, iPeng for Ipad, Orange Squeeze, Squeezepad.

Quote Originally Posted by kesey View Post
    The Archlinux ip address still refuses to show up under an ipscan, or when doing a DHCP client list with my router.

The following is the lsblk read-out for the CSOS card in the main Wandboard SD card slot, my USB hard disk, and the ArchLinux card in the second slot:

[fedora@wandboard ~]$ lsblk
    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    mmcblk0 179:0 0 7.4G 0 disk
    ‚‚mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 500M 0 part /boot
    ‚‚mmcblk0p2 179:2 0 500M 0 part
    ‚‚mmcblk0p3 179:3 0 6.3G 0 part /
    sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
    ‚‚sda1 8:1 0 931.5G 0 part /storage
    mmcblk1 179:8 0 7.4G 0 disk
    ‚‚mmcblk1p1 179:9 0 7.4G 0 part

There are 3 partitions on the CSOS Fedora card, and only 1 one the Archlinux card. The Archlinux card was created while logged in as root on a laptop running Archlinux on a USB stick. Interestingly the USB hard disk drive did spin up when I tried to boot up under ArchLinux.
    Is it booting linux - can you see this from a serial console? I suspect its an issue flashing the card rather than a problem with dhcp - may be worth trying again?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
    Triode,

I know the focus is primarily on the Wandboard, and possibly other ARM based devices, but as your soa-aur can install on i686 & x86_64 is it worth editing your first post to highlight the fact that it can fill the gap after the loss of the CSOS i686 & x86_64 Fedora repos?
    I was hoping to get some test cases to prove the wandboard install first... But yes I agree it should work on desktop and arm machines and is potentially much wider than the wandboard. I installed it last night on a pi, but I think jivelite was taking too much cpu time so we may need to disable the autorun for jivelite on that. Squeezelite and the web interface worked though..