Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 101 of 163 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1622
    Quote Originally Posted by atrocity View Post
    I think I was clicking on "Full Clean" before...I updated again without doing that it didn't run forever. Obviously I'm confused about the purpose of the Clean function.
    Yes full clean will remove all the files which means that to update it needs to download them again and then rebuild just to check if install is needed.

Full clean is not recommended unless there is a problem with the installation in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Ok, the installer is able to install SoA on my Cubox. However, the web GUI is missing the Update page. Any idea why it is missing? Does it have to do with soa-aur being in different path? Or perhaps it was looking for the unallocated space in the disk for installing the build image?

How do I start the LMS 7.9 install process from the command line?

EDIT:
    BTW, SoA build on the Cubox takes around 20 mins. Not sure why it takes an hour with my WB Quad

EDIT2:
    Ok, I have got cpan and LMS7.9 installed on the Cubox using the packages that were built from my WB Quad. So far so good.
    The update page is only really expected to work if you installed on a target device - afraid you will need to use the update scripts manually if you put things in different places. (if you create a user aur with home directory /aur and do the git clone in /aur it may work.)

Ok, the installer is able to install SoA on my Cubox. However, the web GUI is missing the Update page. Any idea why it is missing? Does it have to do with soa-aur being in different path? Or perhaps it was looking for the unallocated space in the disk for installing the build image?

How do I start the LMS 7.9 install process from the command line?

EDIT:
    BTW, SoA build on the Cubox takes around 20 mins. Not sure why it takes an hour with my WB Quad

EDIT2:
    Ok, I have got cpan and LMS7.9 installed on the Cubox using the packages that were built from my WB Quad. So far so good.
    If this is a cubox not a cubox-i then I don't think that will work - the cpu type is different and the files may not run on it. I would build from scratch on the cubox.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    New SoA install images are available for all supported platforms - please upgrade

Please note that previous images will no longer update by just pressing the update button. If you installed in the last couple of days then you can "Reinstall SoA" from the update page. Otherwise you will need to manually download the new image from the locations in the first post on this thread and reflash your sdcard.

(as pointed out earlier today a change in the Arch repository meant that I needed to break the update mechanism with these new images)

I've depreciated the old install scripts for the supported platforms to avoid maintaining them alongside the install images.

Please post feedback here.
    For me a new install went well. I use a Pi B+ in combination with a Hifiberry Digi+. I only use SOA as a player.
    But I noticed that alsa-utils isn't installed by default.

Quote Originally Posted by pimd View Post
    For me a new install went well. I use a Pi B+ in combination with a Hifiberry Digi+. I only use SOA as a player.
    But I noticed that alsa-utils isn't installed by default.
    Yep - I took it out after more people posting that the default volume was lower and one case I had where the volume got stuck at mute. If there is more consensus that we need it then it can be added (or made an option on the update page).

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    The update page is only really expected to work if you installed on a target device - afraid you will need to use the update scripts manually if you put things in different places. (if you create a user aur with home directory /aur and do the git clone in /aur it may work.)
    Ok, I created user aur with home directory at /aur. Building SoA from there does give me the Update page

Currently building LMS7.9, fingers crossed...

Of course, I need to mess with visudo to get everything to work.

BTW, thanks and Happy New Year!

Soundcheck:
    Can you post a list of optimization items for the latest SoA installation?
    No, I won't at this point in time.
    Recent discussions show that the whole SOA project, or better, underlying ArchLinuxARM is all but stable. It's really WorkInProgress.
    I've got problems myself to keep track.

Soundcheck:
    Maybe Triode has implemented some of your optimizations in the latest code.
    He did implement some mods or slightly adapted them.
    Beside that there have been ARCH gcc compiler and kernel upgrades (on RPI at least).
    As far as I see it the related changes should cause slightly better system efficiency.

Soundcheck:
    I'd like to have the full list of optimizations so I can make it even better sounding. Thanks!
    [/QUOTE]

I bet, you'd like to have' em all.

As soon as things around SOA stabilize (I let you know) , you'll find a SOA-Tune article on my blog.
    I'll focus pretty much on the RPI B+ since that one is currently my No.1 ARM playback device.

Making of LMS7.9 still fails on the Cubox Pro

Triode,

After a lot of compiling, making of LMS7.9 still fails on the Cubox Pro. Here is the end of the soa-build-log:

=====================================

Running make install
    buildme-linux.sh: line 5: svn: command not found
    buildme-linux.sh: line 6: arch: command not found
    Most log mesages sent to /aur/soa-aur/logitechmediaserver-7.9-cpan/src/slimserver-vendor/faad2/config.log... only 'errors' displayed here
    Untarring...
    Configuring...
    Running make
    Running make install
    {standard input}: Assembler messages:
    {standard input}: Warning: end of file in comment; newline inserted
    gcc: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program cc1)
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/issues> for instructions.
    make[1]: *** [hcr.lo] Error 1
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    ==> Entering fakeroot environment...
    ==> Starting package()...
    cp: cannot stat 'slimserver-vendor/faad2/faad2-build*/bin/faad': No such file or directory
    ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
    ==> Making package: logitechmediaserver-lms 7.9-1 (Fri Jan 2 00:32:01 HKT 2015)
    ==> Checking runtime dependencies...
    ==> Installing missing dependencies...
    error: target not found: logitechmediaserver-cpan
    ==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.

=======================================

Which is pretty the same in my previous attempt, the build ended with compiler segmentation fault.

Previously, I did discuss this with the people at Arch, they claimed that there is no problem with the compiler.

Any idea how to fix this?

tried a few kernels looking for reliable warm reboots on Wandboard DL

Okay, so this is my OCD coming through, but I would really like to find a kernel that reliably initializes the Broadcom 4329/4330 chips on the Wandboards and reboots cleanly. I have built and tested quite a few kernels, either cross-compiled according instructions here, https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonar...rd-LinuxKernel, or natively compiled using Arch's elegant PKGBUILD / makepkg mechanism e.g., from https://github.com/CrawX/PKGBUILDs/t...inux-wandboard. In short, nothing I've tried has been fully reliable: either WLAN needs a cold boot, or with the more recent kernels (3.18 or higher) WLAN comes on about 50% of warm boots for me. I've given up this fool's errand for now , but plan to keep on using 3.14.14-1 from CrawX's PKGBUILD until something better comes along. Robert Nelson has told me that "dt-bindings for brcmfmac is still in the bike-shed painting phase," which I take to mean the people are still arguing about how this should be done rather than actually doing it. If someone happens to have more insight on this issue, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
    Last edited by dsdreamer; 2015-01-01 at 19:18. Reason: grammar
    ----------------------
    "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Quote Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
    No, I won't at this point in time.
    Recent discussions show that the whole SOA project, or better, underlying ArchLinuxARM is all but stable. It's really WorkInProgress.
    I've got problems myself to keep track.

He did implement some mods or slightly adapted them.
    Beside that there have been ARCH gcc compiler and kernel upgrades (on RPI at least).
    As far as I see it the related changes should cause slightly better system efficiency.

I bet, you'd like to have' em all.

As soon as things around SOA stabilize (I let you know) , you'll find a SOA-Tune article on my blog.
    I'll focus pretty much on the RPI B+ since that one is currently my No.1 ARM playback device.
    So are you using RPI B+ with the latest SoA code or another flavor of Linux with just Squeezelite on top?

Which part of Archlinux is unstable?