Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1622
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    As mentioned in my previous post, use the AUR versions for LMS and squeezelite (if required) - the SoA ones are ancient and unsupported.
    Don't run the SoA install script, but install them as described in the link I posted above (cd <pgkname>, makepkg -si etc.)
    Do you actually need jivelite and soa-web? If not, you're done.

turbolua is only required for soa-web.
    Thanks very much for your patience. I hadn't understood that you meant that I should install the AUR versions, but rather that I should run the SoA build/install scripts after pointing the PKGBUILDs to those versions.

Now I've installed squeezelite and LMS from the AUR versions you linked to. Both installations seem to have succeeded. I've rebooted the wandboard and run systemctl start logitechmediaserver and systemctl enable logitechmediaserver. But I'm unable to connect from my browser with "192.xxx.x.xx:9000". The Squeezebox Touch seems to see the wandboard, which I think means that it recognizes it as having LMS installed, but can't connect to it either. systemctl shows a logitechmediaserver.service as loaded and running.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
    Les
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary copper cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Thanks! But what about the first occurrence, when it's in quotes?
    Yes, that one as well. Not sure why one of the commands are in quotes, but leave them there.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Yes, that one as well. Not sure why one of the commands are in quotes, but leave them there.
    Thanks! But the latest stage in the odyssey is trying to install LMS and squeezelite on Arch Linux directly, without using SoA. I managed to get them installed - the latest versions from the AUR -, but I can't get LMS to start (please see my reply to Roland0 just above yours).

I have to confess that I've never quite understood exactly what squeezelite does and what LMS does, let alone soa-web. What exactly enables a PC or Squeezebox device to access LMS via port 9000? With squeezelite and LMS installed, what more do I need to do?

TIA

Les
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2019-09-11 at 06:06.
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary copper cable.

Error message

Looking at the LMS server log, I see the following error repeated several times:

Code:
    Sep 11 12:34:02 alarm slimserver.pl[348]: [19-09-11 12:33:58.0841] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling 
    Slim::Web::HTTP::acceptHTTP: Bad arg length for Socket::inet_ntoa, length is 16, should be 4 at /opt/logitechmediaserver/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 248.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2019-09-11 at 07:58.

Is it perhaps trying to use IPv6 address but the routine is for IPv4?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Is it perhaps trying to use IPv6 address but the routine is for IPv4?
    Thanks! How could I find that out? The problem is in HTTP.pm (opt/logitechmediaserver/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 248).
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2019-09-11 at 08:50.

Can you temporarily disable IPv6 on the LMS machine?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

I'd be happy to if I knew how...

Here's what ifconfig shows:
    Code:
    [root@alarm alarm]# ifconfig
    eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
            inet 192.168.0.13  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.0.255
            inet6 fe80::21f:7bff:feb4:1754  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
            inet6 2a01:e35:8788:26a0:21f:7bff:feb4:1754  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x0<global>
            ether 00:1f:7b:b4:17:54  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
            RX packets 95972  bytes 13421401 (12.7 MiB)
            RX errors 0  dropped 3  overruns 0  frame 0
            TX packets 71263  bytes 14271117 (13.6 MiB)
            TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
            inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
            inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
            loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
            RX packets 643  bytes 63587 (62.0 KiB)
            RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
            TX packets 643  bytes 63587 (62.0 KiB)
            TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2019-09-11 at 08:58. Reason: addition

I tried following these instructions, but no cigar...

http://ask.xmodulo.com/disable-ipv6-linux.html

inet6 is now absent from ipcfg output, but errors in server.log are the same as above:

Code:
    Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::acceptHTTP: Bad arg length for Socket::inet_ntoa, length is 16, should be 4
    Still unable to connect to port 9000.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2019-09-11 at 12:01. Reason: detail