Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 110 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1622
    Quote Originally Posted by simoh View Post
    Thanks kidstypike , all sorted LMS-wise...

./soa-installremove-components.sh install server78

Simon.
    So LMS is up and running? Good for you.

But still no "Update" page?
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Hi Triode,

the latest Image for the cubietruck hangs after the second reboot. Only the blu led is on, nothing more. No Web IF nor ssh possible. I Attach some of the messages during install I was able to copy.

Greets
    Chris

Attachment 17274
    Attachment 17275
    Attachment 17276

PS: The Image from January 2nd does not work anymore either. (This was the one I used to set up my cubie)
    Last edited by chrissy; 2015-02-02 at 09:18.

A little off topic.

Just noticed.

RPI 2 is out. Surprise Surprise.
    It's an ARM Cortex A7 now!
    ARMv6 vs. ARMv7 are not upwards compatible! We can not use the current RPI image for the RPI2.

1GB Ram. 4 cores. 900Mhz. 4 core thread performance roughly 6 times faster, same low price.
    I really like the progress they made.
    Unfortunately they still kept that awful combined USB/ethernet chip.
    Which is not really that good for running the RPI as server.
    They also kept the poor GPU. We don't really need that on a headless machine.
    RPI 2 layout equals RPI B+.
    Idle wattage is equal to the B+. It's 1,5W.

IMO they should have copied the Odroid C1 HW features. They again got stuck half to way towards a real nice HW.
    However RPI SW support and community support as well as endless add-on gadgets easily balance this out.

Let see if we see a SOA image sooner or later.

More board news.

Recently a quite powerful 8-Core Cubitruck 2 or better Cubieboard 4 hit the market.
    I completely missed that until today. It's more expensive (around 60%) then the CT1.
    They seem to catch up with the Cubieboard family pricewise.
    However. It comes with an AllWinner A80 octa core proc.
    Performance is said to be in the range of high end tablets. Let see if they get drivers properly and timely up'n running.
    The CT1 firmware and kernel quality wasn't really top notch. Support and evolution has been really slow.
    Without community support (firmware/kernel) the board would have been unacceptable to me.
    The CB4 seems to be running KitKat - Hmmh. A new board should run Lollipop.
    It probably still can make a nice AmazonPrime video streaming server (dual boot with SOA) this way.
    Lets wait until the early adaptors got the road paved.

Cheers
    Last edited by soundcheck; 2015-02-03 at 02:42.

Problem installing SOA on Wandboard Dual

Hello,

Yesterday I wanted to make a new installation of SOA on my Wandboard Dual. I copied the installer images on my SD card (8GB) and got the first install screen. After accepting the first screen it started and finished phase 1 and wrote that it will reboot. But then, nothing happended anymore. I tried several times and waited the whole night, but nothing happens. I just see that the ethernet port LED is blinking sometimes.

Any idea, what could be wrong? I already installed SOA some months ago and it worked without problems. My internet connection has 20Mbit/s, so that should not be the problem...

Thanks for any help!
    Harald

Hi,

I had the same issue with a Wandboard Quad last week. Had to manually reboot twice, but it did install.

New to SOA

Hi,

After a few attempts , I was successful in installing SOA on a pogoplug , but I do have an issue with squeezelite not working. The Web GUI for squeezelite states

Status loaded/enabled
    Active failed/Result : exit code

With the advanced option check , it states on the comment field

[18:02:13.360365] test_open:294 playback open error: No such file or directory

but if I Disable squeezelite using the GUI button

then access the pogoplug via ssh and just enter squeezelite on the cmd line it works . I can now see the player on the LMS server

I am guessing that something is wrong with the way that squeezelite is started thru the GUI
    Any clue on where I should check

Thanks

@tobyjug: I tried some reboots now, but no success. After the first boot, it even doesn't request an IP anymore, so it seems that it doesn't boot at all.

Any ideas someboody?

Quote Originally Posted by Harald View Post
    @tobyjug: I tried some reboots now, but no success. After the first boot, it even doesn't request an IP anymore, so it seems that it doesn't boot at all.

Any ideas someboody?
    Same problem here.

Could this be the problem:

Take a look at http://os.archlinuxarm.org/os/

Every image is about 200Mb. Except the ArchLinuxARM-wand-latest.tar.gz that is only 5MB?! So of course there can't boot anything because there is nothing in the image...

Does anybody have a link to a correct image for the wandboard?

Quote Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
    RPI 2 is out. Surprise Surprise.
    It's an ARM Cortex A7 now!
    ARMv6 vs. ARMv7 are not upwards compatible! We can not use the current RPI image for the RPI2.
    Not quite sure what you mean..... RPi2B can use an armv6hl compiled image but obviously needs the ARMv7 BCM2709 "flavour" kernel to boot it. I made 2 images. (Please don't ask for them. Won't be publicly released.) The "one size fits all" F20 base image I use for both B/B+/2B is armv6hl, plus both BCM2708/BCM2709 kernels. (Which kernel to use, is chosen at boot time automatically, depending on hardware.) The "optimised" F21 image, because everything has been built for armv7hl cannot be used with B/B+ even with a BCM2708 "flavour" kernel. That's not backward compatible.

At the point Triode wants to support 2B, he can just add an additional BCM2709 "flavour" kernel along side the BCM2708 kernel to his existing Pi build. The kernels live side by side. (ARMv7 defaults to /boot/kernel7.img. ARMv6 to /boot/kernel.img. Hasn't changed.) Or he can choose to have a totally new optimised armv7hl image, and take advantage of Neon in a couple of places, optimised for 2B and leave the current image as-is for the older hardware.

I'm quite impressed with what they (Pi Foundation) have achieved with device tree and auto-detection and having one core armv6hl image and detection at boot time, booting the relevant kernel. It's nice that there is the backward compatibility, even if the 2B isn't running the optimised code that it could be. But then, backward compatability has always been one of their main aims, rather than a pissing contest over hardware specs. Even with the less than optimal 10/100 ether via USB and lack of SATA, the 2B is a stupidly good piece of hardware for the money!

I actually have 7x Pi2B's humming away right now, running transcoding benchmarks.
    Last edited by JackOfAll; 2015-02-03 at 16:56.