Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >> The lower one, NEVER used the upper one.
    >
    > The same for me...

There are new builds out there which add some more logging to the first
    scanner step. Please install, select the scanner option from
    Settings/Advanced/Logging, re-run a scan, and send me the scanner.log
    file. Thanks!

--

Michael
    I installed the new build, selected the scanner option from Settings/Advanced/Logging, ran a clear and re-scan everything, scanner log available for this scan if needed. Everything fine at this point.

Tried to run a new and changed scan, things have gotten worse, although the webgui shows the first part of the scan is running I don't think the scanner is even launched anymore, it's not showing in Task manager. Had to kill Squeeze~3.exe.
    Nothing at all new added to the scanner log.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> Tried to run a new and changed scan, things have gotten worse, although
    > the webgui shows the first part of the scan is running I don't think the
    > scanner is even launched anymore, it's not showing in Task manager. Had
    > to kill Squeeze~3.exe.
    > Nothing at all new added to the scanner log.

Don't get me wrong, but I'm having a hard time believing this. If the
    scanner doesn't start, then you won't get _any_ progress information in
    the information page. If there was progress information, then something
    must be in the log files. And why would you have to kill the server
    instance anyway?

Are you sure you aren't killing tasks just because you'd expect them to
    have finished but they haven't? Please give them some time. It's
    important to know whether something is taking too long, or whether it
    really has crashed or is hanging.

And there must be some trace somewhere. Did you try to run the scanner
    from the command line? Did you disable all the 3rd party plugins, then
    re-enable them one-by-one to see when trouble starts?

--

Michael

> Tried to run a new and changed scan, things have gotten worse, although
    > the webgui shows the first part of the scan is running I don't think the
    > scanner is even launched anymore, it's not showing in Task manager. Had
    > to kill Squeeze~3.exe.
    > Nothing at all new added to the scanner log.

Don't get me wrong, but I'm having a hard time believing this. If the
    scanner doesn't start, then you won't get _any_ progress information in
    the information page. If there was progress information, then something
    must be in the log files. And why would you have to kill the server
    instance anyway?

Are you sure you aren't killing tasks just because you'd expect them to
    have finished but they haven't? Please give them some time. It's
    important to know whether something is taking too long, or whether it
    really has crashed or is hanging.

And there must be some trace somewhere. Did you try to run the scanner
    from the command line? Did you disable all the 3rd party plugins, then
    re-enable them one-by-one to see when trouble starts?

--

Michael
    Michael

I've disabled all 3rd party plugins, this has NOT helped, so pointless re-enabling them one by one.

No further progress in webgui after 40secs, been like this over 10minutes, the scanner is not showing in Task manager, Squeeze~3.EXE is at 25% all fans blowing.

OK, it's finally stopped after 14 mins, and shows library statistics, this is not normal behaviour!

I repeat there is nothing in the scanner log for this new and changed scan.

How do I run a new and changed from a command line?

Remember clear and rescan works no problem at all and gives me a scanner log as long as your arm.

I repeat there is nothing whatsoever in the scanner log for this latest new and changed scan which took 14 mins to complete, when it usually takes 1 minute.

Does someone else want to help debug this?

Thanks
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)

7.9 Problems/Bugs

Thanks for your effort and ongoing help. I really appreciate it!

> I've disabled all 3rd party plugins, this has NOT helped, so pointless
    > re-enabling them one by one.

Oh, this is a very important piece of information and explains why scanner.log is empty and you don't see it in the task manager: with no plugins enabled, the scanner is not run in a separate process, but in the server itself.

So... anything in server.log?

> OK, it's finally stopped after 14 mins, and shows library statistics,
    > this is not normal behaviour!

No, it's not. But now that we at last know that it's not crashed, but utterly slow, we can investigate further.

> How do I run a new and changed from a command line?

That's no longer of importance as long as you run without plugins. Otherwise there would be a scanner.exe in the installation folder, which you could launch from a command line.

> Does someone else want to help debug this?

I'm working on it, trying to reproduce. But as this problem doesn't show up for everyone it's probably difficult to find a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Does someone else want to help debug this?
    I'd love to, as I was having the same problem with 7.9. However, I'm leaving town for a week -- hope that Michael is able to pin this down before my return...if not, I'll be happy to jump back into the fray.

Thanks for your effort and ongoing help. I really appreciate it!

> I've disabled all 3rd party plugins, this has NOT helped, so pointless
    > re-enabling them one by one.

Oh, this is a very important piece of information and explains why scanner.log is empty and you don't see it in the task manager: with no plugins enabled, the scanner is not run in a separate process, but in the server itself.

So... anything in server.log?

> OK, it's finally stopped after 14 mins, and shows library statistics,
    > this is not normal behaviour!

No, it's not. But now that we at last know that it's not crashed, but utterly slow, we can investigate further.

> How do I run a new and changed from a command line?

That's no longer of importance as long as you run without plugins. Otherwise there would be a scanner.exe in the installation folder, which you could launch from a command line.

> Does someone else want to help debug this?

I'm working on it, trying to reproduce. But as this problem doesn't show up for everyone it's probably difficult to find a proxy.
    I've re-enabled 3rd party plugins, and started a 'new & changed' scan.

I left it this time, and it eventually finished normally, although on the webgui it reports that the first stage took 00.00.38, this is incorrect, as the scanner log correctly reports 610secs.
    Total time was more like 14 minutes, not just under 3 mins as in screenshot.

Code:
    [14-05-13 18:53:47.0799] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (479) Starting Slim::Media::MediaFolderScan scan[14-05-13 18:53:47.0806] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (177) Discovering audio files in L:\Squeezebox Music
    [14-05-13 19:03:57.9820] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (271) Removing deleted audio files (0)
    [14-05-13 19:03:57.9822] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (350) Scanning new audio files (0)
    [14-05-13 19:03:57.9827] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (430) Rescanning changed audio files (0)
    [14-05-13 19:03:57.9831] Slim::Music::Import::endImporter (611) Completed Slim::Media::MediaFolderScan Scan in 610 seconds.
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.0134] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (479) Starting Slim::Music::PlaylistFolderScan scan
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.0154] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (177) Discovering audio files in L:\Playlists
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.1982] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (271) Removing deleted audio files (0)
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.1986] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (350) Scanning new audio files (0)
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.1989] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (430) Rescanning changed audio files (0)
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.1997] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (479) Starting Plugins::SmartMix::Importer scan
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.2599] Slim::Music::Import::endImporter (611) Completed Plugins::SmartMix::Importer Scan in 0 seconds.
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.2983] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (479) Starting Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Importer scan
    [14-05-13 19:03:58.8858] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Importer::_getAlbumCoverURL (207) getAlbumCoverURL finished in 0.57572603225708
    [14-05-13 19:06:09.2338] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Importer2::_getArtistPhotoURL (128) getArtistPhotoURL finished in 130.274842023849
    [14-05-13 19:06:09.3398] Slim::Music::Artwork::updateStandaloneArtwork (204) Starting updateStandaloneArtwork for 1 albums
    [14-05-13 19:06:09.4695] Slim::Music::Artwork::__ANON__ (302) updateStandaloneArtwork finished in 0.124643087387085
    [14-05-13 19:06:09.5393] Slim::Music::Artwork::precacheAllArtwork (608) Starting precacheArtwork for 83 albums
    [14-05-13 19:06:19.3720] Slim::Music::Artwork::__ANON__ (727) precacheArtwork finished in 9.82763814926147
    [14-05-13 19:06:19.3736] Slim::Music::Import::endImporter (611) Completed precacheArtwork Scan in 9 seconds.
    [14-05-13 19:06:19.6033] Slim::Music::Import::runScanPostProcessing (403) Starting Database optimization.
    [14-05-13 19:06:32.2510] Slim::Music::Import::endImporter (611) Completed dbOptimize Scan in 12 seconds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My new & changed scan has been running for 1 hour 17 minutes now... Should I still wait for completion?

Quote Originally Posted by verypsb View Post
    My new & changed scan has been running for 1 hour 17 minutes now... Should I still wait for completion?
    Only if you need to, probably quicker to kill it and do a clear and re-scan

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (177) Discovering audio files in L:\Squeezebox Music

L:? What kind of drive is this? Local? Network? USB?

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> My new & changed scan has been running for 1 hour 17 minutes now...
    > Should I still wait for completion?

Yes please :-). Even if only I can get a full set of log files. From a snippet you posted earlier today it seems the scan actually was pretty fast, but then stalled on _something_. And I would like what the next step logged would be. Thanks!