Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    I had a look at my log settings. I note that my scan.auto setting is DEBUG. I have no recollection of ever setting that myself, but my memory is, how can I put this, 'not good'. Try it and see...

Edit: Can you also check your main server log. I've a strange feeling playlist errors have shown up there (but I may well be wrong).
    Last edited by PasTim; 2015-05-18 at 14:11.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I had a look at my log settings. I note that my scan.auto setting is DEBUG. I have no recollection of ever setting that myself, but my memory is, how can I put this, 'not good'. Try it and see...
    I think that particular setting is for the Auto scan plugin for scheduled scanning, which I'm not using. What are the other scan logs set for?
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    checked its not a bug from LMS beta anything, its a bug in your management.

Please
    open a new thread somewhere (beginners) and i may help, but here i just would help you cause of no one else with a similar disk / playlist management would read here in the beta/bug Thread.

sorry this is bullsh1t - a computer is a tool that can handle all tasks that a human beeing want it to do. if it dont fit dont use a bigger hammer check the processes
    Arrogance and condescension are not helpful. I get that you think you're the smartest guy in the room and are looking for every opportunity to show that. But very little of what you post is actually helpful because you are too busy trying to be clever.

The *problem* (see the thread title) I'm experiencing has to do with logging missing playlist entries. It's not about disk management or how I choose to organize my files. It's about whether an item missing from the playlist is logged properly. On my system I have not found a combination of log settings/scan methods that result in the log entries being written. If you have something *useful* to impart with respect to that issue, I would welcome the information (for example, what are the scan.### settings on the system which you tested your minimalist case?) Keep in mind, just because you can demonstrate a way that LMS does what we expect does not rule out the possibility of a configuration which misbehaves in some fashion.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

I think that particular setting is for the Auto scan plugin for scheduled scanning, which I'm not using. What are the other scan logs set for?
    Can I suggest you try it anyway? It's the only obvious difference I could see in your scanner log settings from mine. And no, I don't know what they all do

I also edited my previous post, too late, to suggest you take a quick look at the server log. I've a funny feeling I've seen playlist errors there.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

well....

i just deleted my server.prefs (for another reason) so i am sure my settings from the logging are the std. settings cause i didnt change nothing there.
    And to be honest if it works with the factory settings its not a bug since may you changed something?

everything starts with (scan. is debug.
    And no i am not the smartest guy in the room but didnt make sense to discuss that.
    Donĺt argue with ....... Theyĺll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    I am out - sorry for you but a simple
    Code:
    for xyz in ('dir /b *.m3u')
    do (
    )
    would be that simple but ...
    Remember: How to manage many disks to act a a single share has nothing to do with a Thread called "bugs". And that (your unsmart disk management) is the startingpoint to your issue nothing else.

If you want help dont piss the guy who want to help you on his trousers, cause he maybe kick his leg where the pee comes out.

I am pissed off and get.unplugged

Can I suggest you try it anyway? It's the only obvious difference I could see in your scanner log settings from mine. And no, I don't know what they all do

I also edited my previous post, too late, to suggest you take a quick look at the server log. I've a funny feeling I've seen playlist errors there.
    Thanks for your suggestions and for not being an on-line douchebag. I've spent the last thirty years providing tech support in one form or another and no one likes that guy that tries to make you feel bad.

I changed all the scan log settings to debug and ran it both as a new and changed and playlists only. No log entries for the missing playlist items in either the scanner.log or server.log

So at this point I give up. I've already spent more than a reasonable amount of time looking for the source of the problem and, unless someone that actually knows how the logging code works has some insight, I'm just going to have to go through the playlists and verify each item. Fortunately I'm not going to do any more major file moves soon and next time I do I know that I have to do a search for those artists in my playlists.

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> The *problem* (see the thread title) I'm experiencing has to do with
    > logging missing playlist entries. It's not about disk management or how
    > I choose to organize my files. It's about whether an item missing from
    > the playlist is logged properly. On my system I have not found a
    > combination of log settings/scan methods that result in the log entries
    > being written.

Did you check both server.log and scanner.log? Depending on your
    configuration only "wipe & rescan" type scans would be logged to
    scanner.log, the others would be in server.log.

--

Michael

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> i just deleted my server.prefs (for another reason) so i am sure my
    > settings from the logging are the std.

Which is wrong: the log settings are not stored in server.prefs, but
    log.conf.

For those who prefer a GUI there's a "reset to defaults" choice in the
    drop-down box at the top of the logging settings.

--

Michael

Thanks for your suggestions and for not being an on-line douchebag. I've spent the last thirty years providing tech support in one form or another and no one likes that guy that tries to make you feel bad.

I changed all the scan log settings to debug and ran it both as a new and changed and playlists only. No log entries for the missing playlist items in either the scanner.log or server.log

So at this point I give up. I've already spent more than a reasonable amount of time looking for the source of the problem and, unless someone that actually knows how the logging code works has some insight, I'm just going to have to go through the playlists and verify each item. Fortunately I'm not going to do any more major file moves soon and next time I do I know that I have to do a search for those artists in my playlists.
    All very odd. I deliberately corrupted one of my lists last night, and after a full overnight re-scan I get:
    Code:
    [15-05-19 00:51:26.1971] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::new (887) Handling new playlist file:///storage/music/playlist/Dick.m3u
    [15-05-19 00:51:26.4387] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsValid (120) Warning: file:///storage/music/flac/Classical/M/Moxmpou/Damunt%20de%20tu%20nomes%20les%20flors/Volodos/1-02%20-%20Damunt%20de%20tu%20Nom%C3%A9s%20les%20flors.flac found in playlist:
    	file:///storage/music/playlist/Dick.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
    in the scanner log (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1431440256 @ Wed May 13 04:05:18 UTC 2015). I'm baffled.

All very odd. I deliberately corrupted one of my lists last night, and after a full overnight re-scan I get:
    Code:
    [15-05-19 00:51:26.1971] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::new (887) Handling new playlist file:///storage/music/playlist/Dick.m3u
    [15-05-19 00:51:26.4387] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsValid (120) Warning: file:///storage/music/flac/Classical/M/Moxmpou/Damunt%20de%20tu%20nomes%20les%20flors/Volodos/1-02%20-%20Damunt%20de%20tu%20Nom%C3%A9s%20les%20flors.flac found in playlist:
    	file:///storage/music/playlist/Dick.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
    in the scanner log (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1431440256 @ Wed May 13 04:05:18 UTC 2015). I'm baffled.
    I also just tried a 'only rescan playlists' and the scanner log contains an entry as above. I notice, however, that it has spotted that the playlist has changed (because I edited it). Can I suggest you make a very minor edit to a playlist and see if you get a scan entry then? My scan log settings are below.
    Attached Images Attached Images