Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

WIMP problems

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1426769055 @ Fri Mar 20 04:04:58

Player Model: Squeezebox Touch
    Player Type: fab4
    Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754

Also using iPeng8 with iPad.

I've notice the following strange behavior LMS and iPeng. Search for Mark Knopfler. Select him of cause, and under album, you will only get 3 selections. Using Home > ickStream > WiMP > Search (Mark Knopfler) > Artists > Mark Knopfler i get 67 albums.
    Why this difference ?

Then a more serious issue:
    Several albums, or maybe most, can't be played due to a connection error stated in the SB Touch display.
    Try latest album Mark Knopfler Tracker, and you sould get the same error.

Another example is a playlist in Wimp, will not play, but do play in IckStream Wimp.
    This can be tested by searching artist Melissa Horn and the album "Om du vill vara med mig", and there are probably a lot more of examples.

In this case, no error on SB Touch display, just no sound.

Not sure if this is an LMS issue, or rather WIMP.
    In any case I really hope this can be corrected soon.

EDIT
    I just found out that Mark Knopfler Tracker is not available to stream on Wimp itself. Sorry. I've had only search for the album, and since it shows up I was expecting it also would play.
    That is for sure a WIMP issue

I've also notice that under other albums in LMS Wimp, I was able to find more of Mark Knopfler under selection Other Albums. Still the difference is there as described above.
    And still not possible to play LMS Wimp, while IckStream Wimp is OK. Example "The Best Of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler - Private Investigations by Mark Knopfler & Dire Straits"
    Last edited by R1200CL; 2015-03-22 at 09:51.

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> Not sure if this is an LMS issue, or rather WIMP.
    > In any case I really hope this can be corrected soon.

There currently is a problem with WiMP on SB which we're investigating.

Please open a new thread on this topic if you want to discuss this any
    further.

--

Michael

The latest beta 7.9.0-1427865259-FreeBSD.tgz does not start on my FreeNAS/SlimNAS.
    Rolling back to the earlier 7.9.0-1426769055-FreeBSD.tgz works fine again.
    1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology DS2419+ and LMS 7.9.2 (pinkdot)

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> The latest beta 7.9.0-1427865259-FreeBSD.tgz does not start on my
    > FreeNAS/SlimNAS.

How does it fail? Is there anything in the server.log file? The changes
    applied since this build:

> Rolling back to the earlier 7.9.0-1426769055-FreeBSD.tgz works fine
    > again.

would not be platform specific. They would most likely fail on any
    platform.

--

Michael

Two users. Same network. How to separate.

I need some advice.

We are two users on same network with different mysqueezebox accounts. The idea is that we shall be able to keep our players private. We have one Radio and one Touch. Both are using iPad's. Not family accounts. Not that I think that matters.

User A (me) can access Touch via LMS. Can't access Radio, even I would like to.

User B (the child) can access both devices via the original Squeezebox app. He uses mysqueezebox.com

So we are two different users, with two different accounts, and still it's seems we can't keep the players separate from each other. Why can user B access both players and user A can't.

It should be said user A did deselect Radio at some point, but no he are not allowed to get it back.

Any suggestion how to find the error ? Or is it not an error ?
    Last edited by R1200CL; 2015-04-06 at 14:41.

R1200CL - please start a new thread.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

FYI, a large clock step seems to lockup SBS

Not very important, but anyways.
    I've used an embedded platform without RTC backup battery with a faulty boot process that failed to set the current date. I had the machine and SBS running in the year 2000, so I stepped the clock while listening to a radio. SBS didn't like it and went to 100% CPU usage. I didn't wait to see if it would finally recover, but I waited enough to see my SB3 lose contact with the server. Stop and start resolves the "issue".

logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1428327734_all.deb
    debian_version 5.0.1
    Linux jukebox 2.6.26-alix3d2-serverload #1 Sat May 16 22:37:27 CEST 2009 i586 GNU/Linux

Code:
    jukebox:/home/alix# ntpdate-debian 
    10 Apr 15:46:26 ntpdate[3471]: step time server 172.17.0.2 offset 481974821.031879 sec
    jukebox:/home/alix# /etc/init.d/ntp start
    Starting NTP server: ntpd.
    jukebox:/home/alix# top

top - 15:47:49 up  3:53,  1 user,  load average: 0.74, 0.25, 0.08
    Tasks:  50 total,   3 running,  47 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s):100.0%us,  0.0%sy,  0.0%ni,  0.0%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:    257004k total,   216780k used,    40224k free,     2484k buffers
    Swap:   200804k total,        4k used,   200800k free,    89292k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND                                                                                                            
     2662 squeezeb  20   0  106m  99m 5160 R 99.8 39.6   7:20.09 squeezeboxserve                                                                                                     
     3490 root      20   0  2252 1080  876 R  0.7  0.4   0:00.12 top                                                                                                                 
        1 root      20   0  1976  684  592 S  0.0  0.3   0:01.88 init                                                                                                                
    Last edited by epoch1970; 2015-05-20 at 12:05.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

I have SOA running on a wandboard quad and am using LMS 7.9 with the music files stored on a readynas streaming to a couple of Touches.

When playing random track mixes the display fails to update to the next track and then remains 1 track behind the music playing - starting the track again from the track list fixes the problem - this will happen several times during a listening session.

I have not observed the problem when playing albums just seems to be with random mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-g View Post
    I have SOA running on a wandboard quad and am using LMS 7.9 with the music files stored on a readynas streaming to a couple of Touches.

When playing random track mixes the display fails to update to the next track and then remains 1 track behind the music playing - starting the track again from the track list fixes the problem - this will happen several times during a listening session.

I have not observed the problem when playing albums just seems to be with random mixes.
    My setup is very similar to yours: I'm running SoA on a Wandboard Quad with the music served up over the network. I used to see this problem fairly often (it also almost always broke gapless playback) using Dynamic Playlists + Custom Skip + TrackStat, but I was just thinking a few days ago that I hadn't seen it in some time.

Have you tried updating SoA/LMS? Whatever is going on behind the scenes means that the version of LMS a standard SoA upgrade supplies isn't particularly new, but whatever version is in the repository has been solid for me.

In the past, I would occasionally see this issue even on playlists I'd manually assembled myself.

Quote Originally Posted by atrocity View Post
    My setup is very similar to yours: I'm running SoA on a Wandboard Quad with the music served up over the network. I used to see this problem fairly often (it also almost always broke gapless playback) using Dynamic Playlists + Custom Skip + TrackStat, but I was just thinking a few days ago that I hadn't seen it in some time.

Have you tried updating SoA/LMS? Whatever is going on behind the scenes means that the version of LMS a standard SoA upgrade supplies isn't particularly new, but whatever version is in the repository has been solid for me.

In the past, I would occasionally see this issue even on playlists I'd manually assembled myself.
    Yes I have updated SoA - the version of LMS is the standard version that comes with SOA, the web interface 'update' in SOA says it's up to date - not sure how to install any other version.

Yes it does break gapless playback there is a definate few second gap when it goes wrong.