Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1175
  1. #151
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,324

    7.9 Problems/Bugs

    > Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1402991900 @ Tue Jun 17 10:25:39
    > CUT 2014


    Please always run the latest and greatest before reporting issues.

    > There is something going on with "New Music". Yesterday I triggered a
    > full scan when I changed the "Browse Artists" setting back to "Use
    > single, configurable list of all artists." Today I added some new albums
    > and just did a scan for new and changed files. It proceeded as expected
    > and added the albums to the library, but they don't show up in "New
    > Music." I can find them by searching or browsing by artist or album. I
    > used several different browsers on different machines to make sure it
    > wasn't a caching issue.
    >
    > Anything I should be looking for?


    Did the latest scan finish successfully? Please check scanner.log and
    server.log files for scanner related entries. As jjzolx mentioned
    there's a lot of caching going on in 7.9. But those caches should be
    wiped whenever a scan finishes or the library changes otherwise (eg.
    using Browse Music Folder).

    Do you have the LibraryDemo plugin enabled? Are you using any of its
    library views? Would New Music be ok again after a server restart?

    --

    Michael

  2. #152
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Västerås Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Now I've found something if I remove all my playlists I get closer to a normal track count .
    I'm convinced that I should at least have 400-500 songs less ? Must be some cue file involved .

    My theory on my system files in playlist just get added to the total even if the file is known before and the path is identical to the discovered for the album .
    I confirmed that when looking at some of the dupes the file path presented is identical

    Library Statistics
    Total Tracks: 43,028
    Total Albums: 3,584
    Total Artists: 3,399
    Total Genres: 235
    Total Playing Time: 3227:30:29

    Media Scan Details
    Discovering files/directories: /media/music1 (46746 of 46746) Complete 00:00:29

    Scanning new music files: /media/music1 (42382 of 42382) Complete 00:23:01

    Discovering playlists: /media/Playlists (2 of 2) Complete 00:00:00

    Smart Mix Profile export (40502 of 40502) Complete 00:02:42

    Album cover lookup (82 of 82) Complete 00:00:01

    Artist picture lookup (1484 of 1484) Complete 00:11:05

    Pre-caching Artwork (3345 of 3345) Complete 00:09:10

    The server has finished scanning your media library.
    Total Time: 00:46:28 (2014-06-20 Friday / 06:45)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  3. #153
    Senior Member get.amped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1402991900 @ Tue Jun 17 10:25:39
    > CUT 2014


    Please always run the latest and greatest before reporting issues.

    > There is something going on with "New Music". Yesterday I triggered a
    > full scan when I changed the "Browse Artists" setting back to "Use
    > single, configurable list of all artists." Today I added some new albums
    > and just did a scan for new and changed files. It proceeded as expected
    > and added the albums to the library, but they don't show up in "New
    > Music." I can find them by searching or browsing by artist or album. I
    > used several different browsers on different machines to make sure it
    > wasn't a caching issue.
    >
    > Anything I should be looking for?


    Did the latest scan finish successfully? Please check scanner.log and
    server.log files for scanner related entries. As jjzolx mentioned
    there's a lot of caching going on in 7.9. But those caches should be
    wiped whenever a scan finishes or the library changes otherwise (eg.
    using Browse Music Folder).

    Do you have the LibraryDemo plugin enabled? Are you using any of its
    library views? Would New Music be ok again after a server restart?

    --

    Michael
    I'll get the latest build tomorrow and run some specific tests. I had already started a clear cache and full rescan tonight which should be done in another 1 1/2 hours. It seems to take about 1 hour per 100K tracks. The last couple of scans for changed and new completed successfully and there weren't any scanner errors in either of the logs. I tried looking at New Music with the Library Demo plugin enabled and disabled (which involved server restarts), with and without library views. It was the same each time. None of the albums added after the last full rescan (two separate scans for changed and new, about 20 new albums total) showed up in New Music, but were all available in Artists, Albums and through Search.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

  4. #154
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Västerås Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    I'll get the latest build tomorrow and run some specific tests. I had already started a clear cache and full rescan tonight which should be done in another 1 1/2 hours. It seems to take about 1 hour per 100K tracks. The last couple of scans for changed and new completed successfully and there weren't any scanner errors in either of the logs. I tried looking at New Music with the Library Demo plugin enabled and disabled (which involved server restarts), with and without library views. It was the same each time. None of the albums added after the last full rescan (two separate scans for changed and new, about 20 new albums total) showed up in New Music, but were all available in Artists, Albums and through Search.
    Whats the time stamps on those files ,new music is sorted by changed time in the file not when you add stuff ?

    So if you only have 100 items in your new music list it may not show at all , or if you like me have unlimeted new music folder it can be way back if its tagged in 2011
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  5. #155
    Senior Member get.amped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Whats the time stamps on those files ,new music is sorted by changed time in the file not when you add stuff ?

    So if you only have 100 items in your new music list it may not show at all , or if you like me have unlimeted new music folder it can be way back if its tagged in 2011
    I have the New Music Limit set to 5000. The time stamps on the new albums are definitely later than the most recent one displayed. I use mp3tag after I rip the FLACs to save all the files for an album so their time stamps are within a few seconds of each other. I've been doing it this way for years and this is the first time newly added albums haven't shown up in New Music.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

  6. #156
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Västerås Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    I have the New Music Limit set to 5000. The time stamps on the new albums are definitely later than the most recent one displayed. I use mp3tag after I rip the FLACs to save all the files for an album so their time stamps are within a few seconds of each other. I've been doing it this way for years and this is the first time newly added albums haven't shown up in New Music.
    OK some people here on this forum are in the habit of setting their tagging app to not alter time stamps , not wanting the newly tag adjusted albums pop up first in new music , it easy to forget
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  7. #157
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,324

    7.9 Problems/Bugs

    > views. It was the same each time. None of the albums added after the
    > last full rescan (two separate scans for changed and new, about 20 new
    > albums total) showed up in New Music, but were all available in Artists,
    > Albums and through Search.


    Ok, I think I've figured that one out. Are you using more than one music
    folder entry?

    The cache was only exposing the real issue which was that the
    lastScanTime timestamp did not get updated under certain circumstances.
    As many of the caches rely on that timestamp to invalidate data, they
    would return stale content.

    Should be fixed in tomorrow's build.

    --

    Michael

  8. #158
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Västerås Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Re my scan issue I did not remove unwanted playlists it is the normal playlist in my playlist directory that sudenly causes this since my latests upgrade , so the issue is not fixed ( some of the playlist been there for years unchanged )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  9. #159
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,324

    7.9 Problems/Bugs

    > Re my scan issue I did not remove unwanted playlists it is the normal
    > playlist in my playlist directory that sudenly causes this since my
    > latests upgrade


    Could you please figure out which was the latest release without this issue?

    And could you please run the following query on library.db:

    select count(*), content_type from tracks group by content_type

    And post the results. Thanks!

    --

    Michael

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    359
    Searching my library is still a bit problematic -- but these problems were being fixed in earlier builds of 7.9. I installed 1403162826 to see where things stand.

    I have in Settings > My Music:
    - "Use single, configurable list of artists" selected
    - All three options in "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists" are unchecked
    Library contains 2505 albums with 45097 songs by 637 artists

    Even though Composer is not selected in "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists", searching my library still returns composers as Artists. Click on these composer "artist" links returns "Empty".

    If I select the Composer box in "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists":
    Library contains 2505 albums with 45097 songs by 6615 artists (I have Composer tags for all my music)
    Clicking a composer link from searching provides the expected values (i.e., songs they composed)

    So...search is only partially respecting the "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists" choices. When Composer is not selected, it still provides links to Composers in the results, but returns no songs if one is clicked upon. If Composer is not selected in "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists" then I don't think the composer matches should appear at all.

    This has been a long-standing problem for me with LMS. However, in a few earlier builds of 7.9 (1402991900 and the one prior IIRC), only "real" Artists appeared in the search results -- no Composers. Those builds, however, didn't return track-only artists (i.e., from Various Artists albums) in the search -- only values from my 637 (album) artists, but I prefer that problem compared to the proliferation of composers in my search results.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •