Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1175
    There is artwork embedded - some example sizes are 373KB 500 x 505 pixels, 351KB 500 x 498, 101KB 750 x 750. It affects only certain tracks in the same album and they appear to have the same artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Hi

I see quite a few of these in the scanner.log, including some double entries i.e. for the same file.

Audio::Scan::scan (75) Warning: APE: [Tag larger than maximum possible size]

I've looked at the offending files in mp3tag and re-saved them but can't see anything obviously wrong.
    Should I just configure mp3tag to not save APE tags?
    Unless there are reasons to use APE (and not sure what they would be), I'd remove the APE tags and only have ID3v2.3 tags in my mp3 files.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Took me a while to figure out how to do this.
    I configured mp3tag options under Tags > Mpeg to remove APE tags *only* (before it was stripping all tags). Then I just used the Remove Tag option for all the affected files.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Took me a while to figure out how to do this.
    I configured mp3tag options under Tags > Mpeg to remove APE tags *only* (before it was stripping all tags). Then I just used the Remove Tag option for all the affected files.
    Usually it's advisable to remove ID3v1 as well if you have any in your files and only use ID3v2.

7.9 Problems/Bugs

>I configured mp3tag options under Tags > Mpeg to remove APE tags *only*
    >(before it was stripping all tags). Then I just used the Remove Tag
    >option for all the affected files.

I configure Mp3tag to remove all tags.

When i remove tags, I then undo the operation and it writes back only the chosen save tag format. This seems to help in some cases to totally get rid of any tag frames and recreate them.

Phil

Problem with web GUI "Help" link

I can't get the "Help" link at bottom left of web GUI to work on IE or Chrome; just refreshes the "Home" page. I thought it worked on Firefox, but creates a different type of error where the next time you visit "server:9000" it opens the Help page instead of the Home page. This is on the release version of 7.9.1. I looked in 7.9.2 changelog, but did not see anything related to this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    I can't get the "Help" link at bottom left of web GUI to work on IE or Chrome; just refreshes the "Home" page. I thought it worked on Firefox, but creates a different type of error where the next time you visit "server:9000" it opens the Help page instead of the Home page. This is on the release version of 7.9.1. I looked in 7.9.2 changelog, but did not see anything related to this. Thanks.
    Just checked mine, v7.9.2 on Firefox, Chrome and the dreaded Edge (http://, what's that all about?) and all worked fine. LMsS on a Joggler, browsers on Win 10 Pro Desktop.

Have you tried restarting/reboot LMS or clearing the browser cache?

Ronnie

Check all your Browser Windows/Tabs - sometimes this happens if you already have a Tab/ Window open.
    The same for help and settings.

Open a private Firefox Session and check the help and or settings links.

Ok, good suggestions. I cleared all cache in Chrome and restarted. This time the "Help" link worked, but when I closed the browser and reopened to "server:9000/?player=pl.ay.er.ip" it opened to the Help frame rather than the Home frame. Only one tab open. "Settings" link always works fine.

I read this and thought 'surely not'? Still, no harm in trying is there?

Sure enough, I get strange results as well. On Chrome it's OK, but on Firefox I do not get the help - I get the menu list (ie left panel) only - no right hand panel.

Very strange! I tried just entering the URL (w.x.y.z:9000/html/docs/help.html) rather than clicking on the link, with the same result.

I'm on Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1524841547 @ Thu May 3 15:11:25 CEST 2018, on linux (ubuntu 18.04)
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.