Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 1,091 to 1,093 of 1093
    Quote Originally Posted by Brean View Post
    Hi,

Many thanks for creating v7.9. I have a relatively minor question and apologies if it is just a noob issue. On upgrading from version 7.7.5. After scanning my unchanged flac database the number of artists has gone up from around 1,200 to 2,724. Is there a setting in the default 7.7.5 that differs from 7.9.0 or is another way for me to use the artist count I was getting in 7.7.5? It's playing havoc with my plethora of playlists!

Many thanks!
    I think that may have to do with a new option. If you go to Settings > My Music > Browse Artists, you now have the option of seeing two artist lists - "All Artists" and "Album Artists". When you enable the two lists (it may have been enabled by default), then "All Artists" should include track artists from compilations, as well as guest artists. Browsing "Album Artists" should exclude them. In the old server, the way you had Artists configured probably corresponded more closely with album artists. You can either flip that option to the other setting (one list), or else go have a look at Album Artists and you'll likely see a similar count.

I'm not sure how (or if) that affects the behavior of playlists, though. That could be something else altogether.

Many thanks, I'll play around with those settings!

I'm sorted, thank you very much indeed for your help!