Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1110
    Even with a dirty downgrade with simply 7.9.1 over 7.9.2 it works again like expected.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    We did update the flac binary recently. There potentially could be issues.

--

Michael
    Updating to 7.92 gives the ~300kB flac binary that does not work. Replacing it with the 1.8MB flac binary used in 7.91 everything works.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Boom and Controller act very strange after rebooting server

I've just moved my LMS server to Linux from Windows. I did the move to a fresh install of the latest downloadable 7.9 two-three weeks ago.

The windows box was running 24/7 but the linux server is rebooted every night. After this move a problem has arised:

Occasionally the Boom is in an odd state after the server reboot. If the Boom was turned on before the server reboot it's still on but it issues a continous beep and the clock is stuck showing the time of the server reboot. If the Boom was off the clock is stuck and if I turn it on the beep starts. Turning it off and on just turns the beep on and off. Removing power and rebooting the Boom fixes the problem.

I have seen the stuck clock on my Controller too one time. A reboot fixed it.

Is this a known problem? Am I possibly doing something wrong?

/Magnus

PS:
    I tried to search the forum but my search skillz failed me.

PPS:
    I tried to look in the server logs but they where massively flooded by "Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod ... request not dispatchable!" which I just today stopped by changing the conf on my HomeAssistant server. So it'll be possible to check out the logs the coming days.

Does the Linux server use DHCP and does its IP address change after reboots ?

Why reboot the server every night - Linux is much more reliable than Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Does the Linux server use DHCP and does its IP address change after reboots ?

Why reboot the server every night - Linux is much more reliable than Windows.
    HomeAssistant server looks like a raspberry and rpis that acting as server are well known to be better rebootet than leaving alone.

Since i didnt have a boom. I understand the "better" case is the boom was on by server reboot because you didnt need to unplug it from the power?
    In this case a script that softpowers the boom before rebooting the server might be another quick and dirty solution.

If you running a rpi -> switch to a more powerful (RAM) system would mostly do the trick.

Thx for the reply!

It's got a static lease from DHCP so it's not changing ip. Reebot is due to other stuff running on the box. One more piece of info is that it's a virtual box running on hyper-v on some pretty powerful hardware. I'm searching logs if there is something with the computer shutdown that is off. BTW, it's Debian Stretch.

Is either the clock stopping or the constant beeping something that has been seen before by any other users in any other scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by magnust View Post
    Thx for the reply!

It's got a static lease from DHCP so it's not changing ip. Reebot is due to other stuff running on the box. One more piece of info is that it's a virtual box running on hyper-v on some pretty powerful hardware. I'm searching logs if there is something with the computer shutdown that is off. BTW, it's Debian Stretch.

Is either the clock stopping or the constant beeping something that has been seen before by any other users in any other scenario?
    I've never seen that on any of my players. Depending on location, I use both windows LMS and linux (fedora on vortexbox and whatever PiCorePlayer uses). And these servers can be rebooted without any of the issues you note.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    .... I understand the "better" case is the boom was on by server reboot because you didnt need to unplug it from the power?
    Sorry, bad explanation by me. After the server reboots the Boom will beep when on and be quiet when off until I cycle its power regardless it's state during the reboot. The only benefit with it being off at the reboot is that it won't wake me up since it's quiet... but still "crashed".

I need to correct myself. The Controller doesn't hang or crash, it is actually still running but with the clock at some random wrong time. But even the clock is still running. A reboot fixes it.

And now I'm not so sure if the menus and stuff work on the Boom, since it beeps all the time when on when this happens, I always immediately cycle power to silence it.

But it gave me an idea to pursue. When running Debian on Hyper-V the guest integration service "Time Synchronization" floods the syslog with messages if it's turned on. But when this integration service is turned off, just when you boot up there is no proper virtual hardware clock running for the guest OS. So between powering on the guest VM and the guest VM OS getting the proper time from NTP after getting network up and so on it's clock is way off. This can be seen in the bootlog where the time stamp suddenly jumps in the log.

So I just set up a powershell script that turns on the time sync service just before shutting down the guest and when turning on it waits for 20 seconds and then turns the service off. Let's see if this was the culprit.

Still a very odd way of failure, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by magnust View Post
    But it gave me an idea to pursue. When running Debian on Hyper-V the guest integration service "Time Synchronization" floods the syslog with messages if it's turned on. But when this integration service is turned off, just when you boot up there is no proper virtual hardware clock running for the guest OS. So between powering on the guest VM and the guest VM OS getting the proper time from NTP after getting network up and so on it's clock is way off. This can be seen in the bootlog where the time stamp suddenly jumps in the log.

So I just set up a powershell script that turns on the time sync service just before shutting down the guest and when turning on it waits for 20 seconds and then turns the service off. Let's see if this was the culprit.
    YUP!

This fixed it. So... if the computer clock is changed during boot up (when it gets a reply from an internet time server during the boot up sequence) this happens occasionally:

- Controller runs fine but doesn't update to the correct time, it continues with the wrong time forever. Rebooting the Controller fixes it, probably other ways of getting it back on track too, dunno.

- Boom beeps continously when in "on" mode until you cycle power. The menus and stuff don't respond until reboot either.

So to me this is a bug but it only occurs during quite special circumstances so... :-D