Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1175
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    If I edit the TITLE tag in a file to correct punctuation or something else minor that does not require a file rename and then do a "New/Changed" rescan, the COMMENT field for that track in "More" view appears as multiple (see below). If I click through on "View Tags" it is displayed correctly. It's a little thing, but only way to "fix" it is to run a full rebuild.
    I have no real solution but you can correct this without full rebuild by moving the file/album/folder out, rescan new&changed, restart server service, move file/album/folder back, rescan new&changed.

Edit: i recognized that COMMENT field behaviour a long time ago. It is not only in recent betas.
    Last edited by Wombat; 2019-04-16 at 19:34.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    I have no real solution but you can correct this without full rebuild by moving the file/album/folder out, rescan new&changed, restart server service, move file/album/folder back, rescan new&changed.

Edit: i recognized that COMMENT field behaviour a long time ago. It is not only in recent betas.
    Do you need to restart the server between scans? I often remove a folder, perform a new and changed scan to delete, replace the modified folder and rescan. This works perfectly without restarting the server.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Do you need to restart the server between scans? I often remove a folder, perform a new and changed scan to delete, replace the modified folder and rescan. This works perfectly without restarting the server.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Yeah, a server service restart shouldn't be necessary. No idea in what kind of workflow i once added that step
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Yes, it's at least 4 1/2 years old:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=18126

Just noticed this in the web UI when playing MP3 files of which I have few. When the TPE1 tag has a comma, it causes it to appear twice.

Name:  Clipboard03.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  79.2 KB

This reminds me of a related behavior I've always thought should act differently. Below is a "COMPILATION=1" album as listed in web UI "New Music". Rather than list all the individual artists, shouldn't it automatically default to "Various Artists" since it's tagged as a compilation? If so, there would be no need in the above example to tag "TPE2=Various Artists".

Name:  Clipboard02.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  36.9 KB

Thanks.

7.9 Problems/Bugs

> Just noticed this in the web UI when playing MP3 files of which I have
    > few. When the TPE1 tag has a comma, it causes it to appear twice.

Check your settings in Settings/My Music: the separator for multiple
    values in tags can be configured.

> This reminds me of a related behavior I've always thought should act
    > differently. Below is a "COMPILATION=1" album as listed in web UI "New
    > Music". Rather than list all the individual artists, shouldn't it

That's another option in Settings/My Music.

--

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply. My setting for separator (semi-colon) looks fine. The behavior I described above only appears with MP3 files; FLAC are fine.

I've never tried the "Group compilation albums together" option because the description sounds like something I wouldn't want:

You can choose to have compilation albums appear together under "Various Artists" or have them appear under each artist in the compilation.

I want compilation tracks to show up under their appropriate artist, I just don't want that long list of artists to appear in "New Music" which for something like Woodstock can get out of hand. I'll try changing this setting to see if the result works better for me.

No idea if it fits here but i can't install the "Picture Gallery" plugin of Michael Herger. It does not exist at the expected location http://www.herger.net/_data/Gallery-1.2.2.zip.
    Maybe a temporary problem?

IIRC Michael removed it because of security reasons after his „Don’t expose your LMS to the internet“ call.
    Hackers could do nasty things with all files which then where reachable through the plugin maybe even place new files there.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    IIRC Michael removed it because of security reasons after his „Don’t expose your LMS to the internet“ call.
    Hackers could do nasty things with all files which then where reachable through the plugin maybe even place new files there.
    Strange! I only use it in-house and got used to read my booklets on my tablet in Orange Squeeze. Works nicely. It would be really bad if it is gone