Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Radio only updated to 7.7.3 after upgrading LMS to 7.8.0

Hi,

I just upgraded my QNAP LMS from 7.7.2 to 7.8 via SSOTS. The update worked like a charm. Afterwards I actualized the firmware of my Squeezebox Touch and my Squeezebox Radio. The touch updated to 7.8.0 without any hassle - the Radio however only upgraded to 7.7.3 (was 7.7.2 before). Did I miss on anything?

Here's the information I got from the LMS Webfrontend:

Player-Modell: Squeezebox Touch
    Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754
    IP-Adresse des Players: 192.168.24.53
    MAC-Adresse des Players: 00:04:20:23:8e:41
    Stńrke des drahtlosen Signals: 100%

Player-Modell: Squeezebox Radio
    Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676
    IP-Adresse des Players: 192.168.24.52
    MAC-Adresse des Players: 00:04:20:26:c0:3e
    Stńrke des drahtlosen Signals: 83%

Thanks for any hints on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WIpey View Post
    Hi,

I just upgraded my QNAP LMS from 7.7.2 to 7.8 via SSOTS. The update worked like a charm. Afterwards I actualized the firmware of my Squeezebox Touch and my Squeezebox Radio. The touch updated to 7.8.0 without any hassle - the Radio however only upgraded to 7.7.3 (was 7.7.2 before). Did I miss on anything?

Here's the information I got from the LMS Webfrontend:

Player-Modell: Squeezebox Touch
    Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754
    IP-Adresse des Players: 192.168.24.53
    MAC-Adresse des Players: 00:04:20:23:8e:41
    Stńrke des drahtlosen Signals: 100%

Player-Modell: Squeezebox Radio
    Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676
    IP-Adresse des Players: 192.168.24.52
    MAC-Adresse des Players: 00:04:20:26:c0:3e
    Stńrke des drahtlosen Signals: 83%

Thanks for any hints on that matter.
    this is correct. there is no 7.8 firmware for the RADIO, even though LMS is 7.8.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Alright - thanks for the quick clarification. I wasn't aware that the firmware of each device doesn't automatically follow the LMS version. Do I have to expect any drawbacks if the firmware differs from the LMS version?

Quote Originally Posted by WIpey View Post
    Alright - thanks for the quick clarification. I wasn't aware that the firmware of each device doesn't automatically follow the LMS version. Do I have to expect any drawbacks if the firmware differs from the LMS version?
    no. no problem. Many of us use LMS 7.8 and radios that have the 7.7.3 firmware and there are no issues. Keep in mind that the firmware may or may not need updating with a newer LMS. Heck, the firmware in my SB3, Boom, and Transporter hasn't updated in several years I think, even though the LMS (fomerly SbS) has updated several times.
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

hi Gary,

did server 7.8 update your SBC? i am on 7.8, but my SBC is at 7.7.2 and doesn't indicate an update is needed, even though there is a far newer one at the fw link.
    Using: Win7 64 + LMS 7.9 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations

Quote Originally Posted by BJW View Post
    hi Gary,

did server 7.8 update your SBC? i am on 7.8, but my SBC is at 7.7.2 and doesn't indicate an update is needed, even though there is a far newer one at the fw link.
    My controller is using 7.8.0 r16739. This must have been auto, as I didn't force it to update.

My controller updated itself to 7.8.0 r16739 after I went to the new community 7.8.0 LMS. It did notify me that there was a update to install so I just told it to go ahead and do it. Are you sure you have LMS set to check for and download updates?
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2014-03-30 at 21:59.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Are you sure you have LMS set to check for and download updates?
    idk and i can't check until i return home at some point. but on the SBC you can navigate to a place on it where its supposed to check for updates and so on, and when i do, it says there is nothing newer. i hope it is just the server having the wrong setting, this is a really annoying issue.

where is that setting in server?
    Using: Win7 64 + LMS 7.9 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations

Settings -> Advanced tab -> Software Updates in the dropdown.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

thx! i'll report back after I can check...