Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Duet stops playing (like Cybrand) but different, I think :-)

My Duet stops playing after a while (no fixed duration of playing). It stops with internet radio stations and Spotify and others. It is annoying and my children keep saying: Yes, you shoud have bought another brand like Sonos. I read the problem of Cybtand (I am also from the Netherlands, maybe that's the reason?) very well and did not find anything that could help me (at least I think). Both the player and handset have the latest firmware, my.squeezebox.com is also up-to-date. The network (wireless) signal is good (92%).
    The remedy: when I touch on the handset the symbol for 'Next Track'(>>) it resumes. Is there somewhere as hidden cache that gets full? I have disabled all sleepfunctions on my computer, disabled the screen going black.
    In the advanced settings I have 'ticked' the box for 'preventing going on sleep'.
    So please give me some help and if you ask me if I am playing througt the Logitech Media Server or My Squeezebox, please tell me how I can determine that. I am using Windows Seven Home Premium.

I am not a big internet listener myself, but to test out if it is the player stream your own music and see if the same results occurr. From reading the forums over the years, depending on the the time length of time listening what may be happening is a shift in the internet handshake protocal causing a loss of signal from the source. just my 2 cents
    Pioneer Elite N50 main HT rig hardwired to router connected

1st Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

5th Touch Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
    running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup
    Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Thanks for the answer, but what do you mean in plasin English?

Does it also stop if play your own music filÚs store don your computer instead of something from the internet .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Thanks, no I never play my own music through the Duet because I have no clue how to do this! 'Sorry for my ignorance in this matter, but that's the way it is. Though I would like to learn this.

Try connecting the Duet directly to www.MySqueezeBox.com as a test (i.e. eliminate LMS and your computer as the potential culprit). In fact, turn your computer off when you try this. Now play some internet streams (can't play Spotify this way). If problem persists then you likely have a network or ISP issue. If it plays fine you likely have a LMS or computer issue.

Quote Originally Posted by magielsr View Post
    Thanks, no I never play my own music through the Duet because I have no clue how to do this! 'Sorry for my ignorance in this matter, but that's the way it is. Though I would like to learn this.
    1. You do that by installing Logitech Media Server on for example your PC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    OP must have LMS installed as otherwise how can they play Spotify through a Duet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    In browser go into LMS webGUI (right click on LMS icon in lower right tray, select web control), then lower right corner select SETTINGS. Then "basic settings" tab, then browse to the location of your music folder and select that. then LMS will scan your music files. When it is done, these should show up under ARTIST, ALBUM, etc. in the main LMS control page.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Yes, I succeeded in playing my own music via the Duet: same thing happens, it stops after a while and pushing the 'Next Track' buttom (>>) resumes it.
    For Toby10: could you please talk a little more in the layman's way?