Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Radio Paradise 320kbps url no longer working

Hi all,

I have been steaming the Naim exclusive Radio Paradise URL ( http://72.26.207.67:8014/ ) for a while but recently when i go to connect from the "favouraites menu" i get the following message on my SBT screen "Connection timed out". As i have just recently uploaded the latest firmware upgrade I thought that it may have done something to my favourites section in mysqueezebox.com - so I went in and reentered the url, only to receive this message: "The page at www.mysqueezebox.com says: Warning: we tried to verify this stream, but were unable to connect to the stream server. This stream may not play properly on your player. (500. Cant connect to 72.26.207.67:8014 (connect: timeout).

Has the Radio Paradise "Naim exclusive" 320kbps URL been changed, have Naim caught up to us, and disconnected the URL to squeezebox users in the last firmware upgrade, or has something technical happened? This URL Link was working fine last week.

I know I can aceess a 320kbs download via shoutcast which works fine but to my ears the sound quality is not as good. Is anyone else experiencing difficulties in using this link?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Which SB player do you have? Are you connecting directly to MySB.com or are you using a local LMS server?
    Using ShoutCast I see a Radio Paradise 320k stream but it is listed as AAC format. If this is correct and is what you are trying to play, older players can't play this format natively (i.e. while connected to MySB.com) and would require a connection to LMS server to play AAC (LMS will transcode format). Touch and Radio can play AAC natively.

Chris :)

Quote Originally Posted by Williac View Post
    Hi all,

I have been steaming the Naim exclusive Radio Paradise URL ( http://72.26.207.67:8014/ ) .....
    I know I can aceess a 320kbs download via shoutcast which works fine but to my ears the sound quality is not as good.
    1. That is a ShoutCast link, which you say you don't want.
    2. That URL is dead, does not work.

Thank you Toby10 and Stratmangler, I now see the problem.

Most of the sites promoting the Radio Paradise URL have inadvertently used the Shoutcast URL as a link. Thanks Stratmangler for the correct link - It is now saved in my favorites and working fine.

Thanks again

Chris
    Last edited by Williac; 2014-03-16 at 04:48. Reason: Problem solved since original post

oh you gave me a scare .... when I read the first post neither of my links worked

http://72.26.207.67:8014/
    http://stream-sd.radioparadise.com:9000/rp_192m.ogg

And again Stratmangler saves my day... new link added... and it also have artwork.

But remember if Paradise is quiet, it sometimes just means that we have to wait patiently for Bill to wake up and kick a server
    Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B
    Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD+ 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9.0 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D