Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ikabob
    • Aug 2009

Tried V 7.8 from 7.7.3 but had problem.

I wanted to upgrade to v 7.8 from my stable 7.7.3.
    7.8 was fine except one problem.
    The title-items on all my playlists had disappeared. The saved tracks/channels associated with the playlist were there functionally, but the visible titles were gone. I could play the track/channel, I just had no idea what I was going to play when I touched the blank area. I use ipeng as the remote. It acted this way on ipeng and on the device itself.
    So, I went back to 7.7.3 and it's all fine, but I'd like to use the latest 7.8.
    Any advice? Thank you.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.
  • garym
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Ikabob
    I wanted to upgrade to v 7.8 from my stable 7.7.3.
    7.8 was fine except one problem.
    The title-items on all my playlists had disappeared. The saved tracks/channels associated with the playlist were there functionally, but the visible titles were gone. I could play the track/channel, I just had no idea what I was going to play when I touched the blank area. I use ipeng as the remote. It acted this way on ipeng and on the device itself.
    So, I went back to 7.7.3 and it's all fine, but I'd like to use the latest 7.8.
    Any advice? Thank you.
    odd. I'm not seeing that (titles in playlist show up just fine). Was this ONLY for playlists. If you simply selected an album or artist to play from the menu, did the current playlist show titles? Did you do a clear and rescan after installing 7.8 (I think that is automatic). Did you double check your settings in 7.8 (settings > basic settings > title format or settings > interface)
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Ikabob
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by garym
      odd. I'm not seeing that (titles in playlist show up just fine). Was this ONLY for playlists. If you simply selected an album or artist to play from the menu, did the current playlist show titles? Did you do a clear and rescan after installing 7.8 (I think that is automatic). Did you double check your settings in 7.8 (settings > basic settings > title format or settings > interface)
      Thanks. I did not do a clear and rescan. I'll try that. I'll also check settings...but I'm not sure what to select for interface.
      When I choose from an album all the tracks do show and they do enter accurately in a playlist.
      Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
      Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
      Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

Thanks. I did not do a clear and rescan. I'll try that. I'll also check settings...but I'm not sure what to select for interface.
        When I choose from an album all the tracks do show and they do enter accurately in a playlist.
        so your interface settings are probably fine then, because when you choose from an album the tracks show up properly. I'd start with a clear and rescan. EDIT: Also, to be clear, are you not seeing the titles in the LMS webGUI, on the player itself, in a remote (ipeng, etc.) or where?
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Ikabob
          • Aug 2009

so your interface settings are probably fine then, because when you choose from an album the tracks show up properly. I'd start with a clear and rescan. EDIT: Also, to be clear, are you not seeing the titles in the LMS webGUI, on the player itself, in a remote (ipeng, etc.) or where?
          I am not home now so I cannot answer the question about the LMS webGUI but I do know it occurs on the ipeng remote and the device. I'll check the webGUI later. How long should a clear and rescan take(so I know when it's complete)?
          Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• garym
            • May 2008

I am not home now so I cannot answer the question about the LMS webGUI but I do know it occurs on the ipeng remote and the device. I'll check the webGUI later. How long should a clear and rescan take(so I know when it's complete)?
            it will tell you when its complete (on the webgui). Or do you have LMS set up so you are accessing it from away from home? Anyhow it depends on music library and the server it is running on. Anywere from 3 minutes to 3 days.

Comment

• Ikabob
              • Aug 2009

it will tell you when its complete (on the webgui). Or do you have LMS set up so you are accessing it from away from home? Anyhow it depends on music library and the server it is running on. Anywere from 3 minutes to 3 days.
              I have many many playlists. Some playlists are music tracks from albums and many playlists made up of radio and music service stations.

Also, I did not think it was possible to access LMS away from home. That would be nice though.
              Thanks.
              Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• garym
                • May 2008

I have many many playlists. Some playlists are music tracks from albums and many playlists made up of radio and music service stations.

Also, I did not think it was possible to access LMS away from home. That would be nice though.
                Thanks.
                when you get home, I'd just do a clear and rescan. You can see the progress and when its done directly on the webGUI.

Comment

• Ikabob
                  • Aug 2009

when you get home, I'd just do a clear and rescan. You can see the progress and when its done directly on the webGUI.
                  Will do . Thank you very much.
                  Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• Ikabob
                    • Aug 2009

Ok, I did a clear and rescan. The webGUI indicates that the scan is complete. The tracks/channels are still invisible.
                    Maybe because I have so many playlists x items on the playlists it will take more time to actually appear.
                    I guess I'll give it 3 days to see what happens.
                    Btw, they are blank on the LMSwebGUI too.
                    I would really like to use 7.8 but it's not good when the playlist tracks/channels are blank.
                    Thanks for the help.
                    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• garym
                      • May 2008

Ok, I did a clear and rescan. The webGUI indicates that the scan is complete. The tracks/channels are still invisible.
                      Maybe because I have so many playlists x items on the playlists it will take more time to actually appear.
                      I guess I'll give it 3 days to see what happens.
                      Btw, they are blank on the LMSwebGUI too.
                      I would really like to use 7.8 but it's not good when the playlist tracks/channels are blank.
                      Thanks for the help.
                      hmmm. I don't think the passage of time will make them appear. And the number of items shouldn't cause this. Something odd going on. Are you using itunes integration plugin or anything like that. What happens on these 'blank' items if you click on an item and drill down to the actual tag values? I assume they are OK (as they show up in 7.7.x)

Comment

• Ikabob
                        • Aug 2009

hmmm. I don't think the passage of time will make them appear. And the number of items shouldn't cause this. Something odd going on. Are you using itunes integration plugin or anything like that. What happens on these 'blank' items if you click on an item and drill down to the actual tag values? I assume they are OK (as they show up in 7.7.x)
                        When I do click on a blank item it then does shows up what is playing...track or channel.
                        I do have iTunes plugin v1.0.
                        Something from 7.7.3 is not being transferred to 7.8. Thanks for trying to check it out for me.

If they do not visualize(why I do not know) then I'll stick with 7.7.3.
                        Last edited by Ikabob; 2014-02-02, 22:33.
                        Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• garym
                          • May 2008

When I do click on a blank item it then does shows up what is playing...track or channel.
                          I do have iTunes plugin v1.0.
                          Something from 7.7.3 is not being transferred to 7.8. Thanks for trying to check it out for me.
                          are you saying you use the itunes integration in LMS. Just having the plugin doesn't mean you are using itunes integration. (I'm not suggesting you use itunes integration...usually not a good idea anyhow; just trying to see what might be going wrong).

Comment

• Ikabob
                            • Aug 2009

are you saying you use the itunes integration in LMS. Just having the plugin doesn't mean you are using itunes integration. (I'm not suggesting you use itunes integration...usually not a good idea anyhow; just trying to see what might be going wrong).
                            I am not sure if I'm using iTunes integration or not. I doubt it though.
                            Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• Ikabob
                              • Aug 2009

Is there a 7.8 LMS setting that needs to be adjusted to allow the playlist items to be visible?
                              I am leaning toward just going back to 7.7.3.
                              Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

Working...