Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LMS on ReadyNAS 102

I have just had to rebuild my System after installing a larger SSD and took the opportunity to install a new ReadyNas 102 with 2 x 2TB drives on my network.

So my current configuration is Windows 7 SP1, Internet Explorer 11, LMS 7.7.3 and ReadyNas Firmware 6.1.5.

I invoke LMS and go to settings and the "Player" and "Advanced" tabs do not display the correct information. I get the error message "The Webpage cannot be found". All other tabs (Basic, My Music etc ) all work OK. This only happens when I use IE11.

If I switch to Firefox then all tabs display correctly. Is there an IE11 setting that I need to change to make this work OK.?

Nope you need LMS 7.7.4 or better where this issue is fixed or use firefox .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Thanks for the info.

On the readynas 102 the LMS app is downloaded from an APP library which has the current version of 7.7.3 whereas on my older Readynas duo I could download the file and install using the readynas frontview.

Is there a way to install the newer version of LMS other than via the APP library

Is the ReadyNAS 102 strong enough for LMS?

Based on my observations only (not measurements) the RN102 with LMS scans my music library about 5 times faster than my older ReadyNas DUO.. Also data transfer from my PC to the RN102 is much faster than the DUO.

LMS works fine and the performance of my media players (Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio and an old D-Link DSM 320) is also much improved with much crisper responses when loading playlists etc.

Ok, thanks for confirming that! I need a cheap NAS. Is it better to choose ReadyNas as there is install filles for it over eg. a Synology DiskStation DS213j or a DS214se?

To be fair, I am perhaps the wrong person to ask to recommend ReadyNas. I am a long time fan of Netgear and my previous ReadyNas Duo worked flawlessly for many years. Also my home network is made up entirely of Netgear Powerline products which give me both wired and extended wireless connections all around my home. I bought my new ReadyNas 102 based on my previous experience and also that Logitech Media Server was available as an APP. So I think I am a little biased in favour of Netgear.

There are many other entries in these LMS forums which also explain the benefits of other Hardware products which will do the same or similar job to Netgear.

However I paid ú255 for the diskless ReadyNas 102 AND 2 x 2TB Western Digital Red hard drives which I think is a great price for the overall package.

Thats a fair comment! Thanks. Looking at the download page for LMS 7.8 (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=7.8) which one matches the ReadyNAS 102?

See previous entry.

When you power on the ReadyNas102 you can select the RN102 using Raidar or by going direct to the web site of the device (in my case this is 192.168.0.13/Admin) where the new Rn system OS will display the System Page. You then select the Apps menu and then the "available Apps" icon. This will list all the apps available to the RN102.

If you scroll down you will find LMS App, Version 1.0.6, Developer is Poussin. You then install LMS from here.

The actual version installed is 7.7.3 modified by Poussin to work in RN102.

Trying to get LSM on my ReadyNAS 102 as well but...

Hi!

Can someone tell me if i allready have LSM on my Netgear readyNAS 102
    And if so, how do i use this in iPeng UE?

Name:  readyNAS-25%.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  71.3 KB