Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Well, I'm not sure which of those steps fixed it as I did all 3 together, but it now is working

Many thanks for the help, I now have a fully functioning streaming system...

Cheers,
    Kai

Quote Originally Posted by monkaiboy View Post
    Well, I'm not sure which of those steps fixed it as I did all 3 together, but it now is working

Many thanks for the help, I now have a fully functioning streaming system...

Cheers,
    Kai

Ahh, Glasshopper Kai, tis the zen of pi

Amazing news Squeezeplug v7.50 has been released!

http://www.squeezeplug.eu/?p=485

I don't have access to my Pi at the moment but I'm looking forward to trying this out soon and now getting my hands on the new version of the Pi with a new sound card.

Happy Christmas 🎄!
    Last edited by siedkins; 2014-12-24 at 14:37.

Corrupted something?

I just installed Squeezeplug 7.5 on a Raspberry Pi (B). Everything was going well until I tried to specify that the music files would be on an external USB drive. Unfortunately I had the drive plugged in at bootup, so I removed it before specifying hd1. That crashed the Pi, so I restarted, read the appropriate instructions, and again specified the USB port, after connecting the drive. Now I can see the external drive, but the folders that are listed (both on the Pi command line and on the LMS screen) don't correspond with reality! Here is a screen shot: notice that mnt contains hd1 which contains mnt which contains hd1...! The only folder that seem genuine is 'itunes.' I figure I've corrupted a file somewhere...

LMS files.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    I just installed Squeezeplug 7.5 ..... I figure I've corrupted a file somewhere...

why not try, reformat the card( use the correct tool) and burn a new image

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    why not try, reformat the card( use the correct tool) and burn a new image
    Seemed like a good idea, so I reformatted the SD card and went through the setup procedure again, with no crashes. And the file system looks the same!

I'm going to try with the stable version of LMS instead of the nightly build.

Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    Seemed like a good idea, so I reformatted the SD card and went through the setup procedure again, with no crashes. And the file system looks the same!

I'm going to try with the stable version of LMS instead of the nightly build.
    nitram,

I don't think the problem lies with LMS necessarily (but changing won't hurt any), more likely SqueezePlug.

Can't help with sorting the pathway out, but is the external drive self powered or running off the 'pi?

A powered hub may help.

You may have to search further, for info regarding SqueezePlug and connected (or not) hard disks.

Good Luck

atb

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    nitram,

I don't think the problem lies with LMS necessarily (but changing won't hurt any), more likely SqueezePlug.

Can't help with sorting the pathway out, but is the external drive self powered or running off the 'pi?

A powered hub may help.

You may have to search further, for info regarding SqueezePlug and connected (or not) hard disks.

Good Luck

atb

Ronnie
    You're right, the version of LMS made no difference, so it's back to the nightly.

The external drive is self-powered. I have used it before with SqueezePlug on a Raspberry Pi without problems, and right now it's working with LMS on an iBook. I've verified the drive.

I suppose the next step is to use an older version of SqueezePlug, but I'll wait before doing that in case there's further advice here, or a bright idea occurs to me.

Senior Member Percival Sweetwater's Avatar
    You'll need to edit the Samba configuration (etc\samba\smb.conf), in something like WinSCP to change the path of the Samba shares.

Happy Xmas.

Senior Member Percival Sweetwater's Avatar
    ...like this...

Name:  smbconf.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  55.4 KB