Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 628
  1. #411
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by m000558 View Post
    Hi,

    I hope you'll be able to offer some help to a new user of Squeezebox on Raspberry Pi.

    So the Raspberry Pi works fine with a number of builds - RaspBian, RaspBMC, OpenElec etc. Everything seems to be working fine.

    The main reason I am trying the Raspberry Pi is as an alternative to Sonos using Squeezebox.

    I downloaded the Squeezeplug v7.07 image file and wrote to an SD Card. I have done this a number of times, from a Mac using the SD Formatter tool then dd'ing the img file across.

    Once done my Raspberry Pi boots from the SD Card.

    I can see during boot that the USB and Network Card drivers are loaded, my USB keyboard is detected and everything seems to load fine.

    I once the wall of text completes (all loads fine, no errors) I see a Squeezeplug Login: prompt. This is where the problems start.

    Firstly my keyboard does not work - I've tried booting with it attached to each of the 4 Pi B+ USB ports all with no luck (despite the keyboard being 'detected' and loaded on boot). So I cannot login at the prompt.

    Also, despite the LAN card being detected on boot, the Squeezebox has not picked up a DHCP address (my router shows no new IP leases). The LAN port LED comes on at the start of the boot for a second then off.

    So the upshot is that with version 7.07 of Squeezeplug I can't get beyond the login screen.

    I'm at the point of tearing my hair out here - is there an earlier version of 7 that can be tried perhaps? I have used all of my various SD Cards, rebuilt a number of times, used different power supplies etc. etc. all with no luck.

    Any tips or tricks anyone can offer? Is there something in any of the boot files on the card that I can try to edit? or perhaps an image of a working SD card, or earlier version of Squeezeplug?

    Thanks for any help!!!
    Hi

    Just started on this (a little late I know) and am having exactly the same problem.

    If I boot up using the NOOBS software both the mouse and keyboard work so do not think it is a hardware/PSU problem.

    I am using the new B+ tho and maybe this is the problem.

    Nick

  2. #412
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6
    Yeah I am using the B+ as well.

    Tried 3 different PSUs this morning all with the same results. = squeezeplug boots but no network or kb function.

    Tried with no keyboard or monitor connected... Same thing...


  3. #413
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by m000558 View Post
    Yeah I am using the B+ as well.

    Tried 3 different PSUs this morning all with the same results. = squeezeplug boots but no network or kb function.

    Tried with no keyboard or monitor connected... Same thing...

    It's a B+ issue .... the os needs an update to activate the lan usb, etc. It's a sort of catch-22 ... to update you need lan and keyboard access!

    A clunky workaround is to boot the image in a Raspi B - do the firmware update only - boot the B+ using the updated image.
    Last edited by castalla; 2014-08-10 at 03:44.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #414
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Castalla.

    Good to know that the reason for this has been found!

    I dont have a Pi B board to try your suggested workaround.

    There must be another workaround though... perhaps either installing an earlier version (7.00?) Then upgrading... or installing an image of a working version??

  5. #415
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by m000558 View Post
    Thanks Castalla.

    Good to know that the reason for this has been found!

    I dont have a Pi B board to try your suggested workaround.

    There must be another workaround though... perhaps either installing an earlier version (7.00?) Then upgrading... or installing an image of a working version??
    I doubt it .... the squeezeplug image is based on a version of debian along with specific firmware for the raspi. The problem is that without lan access you can't get the rpi updates. Earlier squeezeplug images won't work either.

    The latest rpi images (such as NOOBS) have the required fixes for the lan usb, etc.

    I guess the only option (until truehl releases a squeezeplug fix) is to install a working debian/raspian and then manually install LMS and squeezelite.

    I suppose somebody could carry out the firmware update on a raspi B and make the resulting image available - but this would probably contravene truehl's copyright, etc.?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #416
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7
    Hello
    I decided to buy a hifiberry DAC (still waiting for arrival) - thanks for your comment.

    Now I try to hear "smart playlists". Therefor I installed the "Smart Mix" plugin. But it does not work. If I go to an artist and choose "Artistname Mix" it does not play.
    If I hear a lokal song and choose "Mix auf Basis des aktuellen Titels erstellen" I get an error "Anlegen der Playliste fŘr '' ist fehlgeschlagen. ".
    How can I use this smart playlists?

    Second thing:
    Can I shutdown the RPi with the shutdown button in the squeezebox app (for android and/or Ipad)?

    Thanks for answering.

    Tobbes

  7. #417
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I doubt it .... the squeezeplug image is based on a version of debian along with specific firmware for the raspi. The problem is that without lan access you can't get the rpi updates. Earlier squeezeplug images won't work either.

    The latest rpi images (such as NOOBS) have the required fixes for the lan usb, etc.

    I guess the only option (until truehl releases a squeezeplug fix) is to install a working debian/raspian and then manually install LMS and squeezelite.

    I suppose somebody could carry out the firmware update on a raspi B and make the resulting image available - but this would probably contravene truehl's copyright, etc.?
    Another possible workaround:

    Obtain a working copy of debian/raspian dated after July 2014

    Copy the bootcode.bin and start.elf files.

    Replace the same files on the squeezeplug.img - boot modified img.

    (thanks to drgeoff for this info he posted on the raspi forum)
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #418
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Another possible workaround:

    Obtain a working copy of debian/raspian dated after July 2014

    Copy the bootcode.bin and start.elf files.

    Replace the same files on the squeezeplug.img - boot modified img.

    (thanks to drgeoff for this info he posted on the raspi forum)

    mmmm... doesn't seem to have worked, unless I am doing something wrong.

    I downloaded the latest Raspbian build from RaspberryPi.org dated from June 2014.

    I installed and booted into Raspbian and could connect remotely as well as local keyboard.

    I updated to the latest build, which is

    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ uname -a
    Linux raspberrypi 3.12.26+ #702 PREEMPT Wed Aug 6 17:43:49 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd version
    Aug  6 2014 17:55:53 
    Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
    version 3da89bd3cdef7980b684f48fe60944aff4502f50 (tainted) (release)
    and then copied the two files - bootcode.bin and start.elf from this SD Card on to my Squeezeplug card replacing the same named files here.

    I then re-inserted the Squeezeplug card and booted.

    Boot screen displayed all the same output as previously and booted to the squeeze plug login prompt.

    But I appear to have the same issue - no keyboard or LAN function....

    Am I using the correct version of Raspbian?

    Thanks

  9. #419
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by m000558 View Post
    mmmm... doesn't seem to have worked, unless I am doing something wrong.

    I downloaded the latest Raspbian build from RaspberryPi.org dated from June 2014.

    I installed and booted into Raspbian and could connect remotely as well as local keyboard.

    I updated to the latest build, which is

    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ uname -a
    Linux raspberrypi 3.12.26+ #702 PREEMPT Wed Aug 6 17:43:49 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd version
    Aug  6 2014 17:55:53 
    Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
    version 3da89bd3cdef7980b684f48fe60944aff4502f50 (tainted) (release)
    and then copied the two files - bootcode.bin and start.elf from this SD Card on to my Squeezeplug card replacing the same named files here.

    I then re-inserted the Squeezeplug card and booted.

    Boot screen displayed all the same output as previously and booted to the squeeze plug login prompt.

    But I appear to have the same issue - no keyboard or LAN function....

    Am I using the correct version of Raspbian?

    Thanks
    Grrr!!!!

    Copy and replace using all the files here:

    https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmw...ee/master/boot
    Last edited by castalla; 2014-08-11 at 11:07.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10. #420
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Grrr!!!!

    Copy and replace using all the files here:

    https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmw...ee/master/boot

    Amazing, that's done the trick! I am now in Squeezeplug setup menu through SSH - perfect.

    Thanks very much for all your help!

    Now I will try to configure it all! First thing I've noticed on running squeezelite -l there are no output devices... only null... I should see the bcm2835 default devices I thought....

    Well the first step is done.... I'll have to keep at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •