Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I installed the Avast beta designed to fix this problem and it worked in terms of getting my LMS set-up running again; but now I'm having trouble with Squeezeplay. The player is not communicating properly with the server. If I bring up an album or playlist the playback will not advance to the next track - it's intermittent. The progress bar in Squeezeplay showing the remaining track time on a song hangs as well. If I turn off Avast Webshield the player works fine. I thought I might have goofed the install of the Avast beta, so I did a clean install twice - same problem. My setup has a Squeezebox classic and three PCs running Squeezeplay and I've never had a single issue in many years of operation.

Quote Originally Posted by traderyoda View Post
    I installed the Avast beta designed to fix this problem and it worked in terms of getting my LMS set-up running again; but now I'm having trouble with Squeezeplay. The player is not communicating properly with the server. If I bring up an album or playlist the playback will not advance to the next track - it's intermittent. The progress bar in Squeezeplay showing the remaining track time on a song hangs as well. If I turn off Avast Webshield the player works fine. I thought I might have goofed the install of the Avast beta, so I did a clean install twice - same problem. My setup has a Squeezebox classic and three PCs running Squeezeplay and I've never had a single issue in many years of operation.
    You should try the fix above, changing webshield.ini

Quote Originally Posted by wliptrot View Post
    You should try the fix above, changing webshield.ini
    There's an update available - no longer a beta.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried the beta and it did indeed get my LMS set-up back on-line, but I continued to have problems with Squeezeplay. During playback songs would hang intermittently after completing a track and trying to move to the next song. I found the latest full release to replace the beta. I did a fresh install of Avast and also unloaded and reloaded Squeezeplay - no joy. Squeezeplay still hangs intermittently with the latest Avast. If I turn off Webshield everything works flawlessly... when I turn Webshield back on I immediately get the same intermittent hangs. It's intermittent because if I manually advance it will play a song or two and then hang, sometimes it will play 10 songs and hang; but it always hangs. Turn the shield off and it's right as rain. My conclusion is that the latest version hasn't exorcised all the demons yet. My set-up is LMS 7.8, one Squeezebox Classic, 3 Squeezeplay installations, 2 iPeng installations - running under Win7.

Does anyone know if there's still a issue with the current Avast 2014.9.0.2016 and Squeezeplay hanging occasionally? Or is the webshield.ini change still required to fully correct the problem?
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Have been running 2014.9.0.2013 for a couple of months now and original problem seems to have been fixed. Haven't upgraded to .2016 yet and, to tell the truth, given all the problems, I probably won't do so for a long time I do like Avast but it seems to me that a lot of their troubles are coming from trying to supplement the core [excellent] AV engine with loads of bells and whistles (e.g. browser site rep plugin) which are causing vastly more problems than they are curing!

I use avast and I am really annoyed that even after adding all my squeeze stuff to its exclusions list, it still "deepscreens" control panel everytime! i'll have to check to see if its blocking SP or not.
    Using: Win10 64 + LMS 8 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations