Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A quick fix

Home -> Settings -> Advanced -> Networking -> Remote Libraries -> Add New Libraries -> (add 79.125.18.91) -> Connect This Library

Watcher of the Windows build
    Hmmm, for a second there I thought is was my box... It has been down for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post
    My radio has had the same issue since yesterday (12/14) morning. The portal based Internet radio is very vulnerable. The radio is totally useless when the portal site is down. Even the alarm clock function can not work....To some extent, it is a disaster waiting to happen....
    run LMS on a local PC and connect your players to that instead of mysb.com
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

San Diego now ok, too

Home -> Settings -> Advanced -> Networking -> Remote Libraries -> Add New Libraries -> (add 79.125.18.91) -> Connect This Library
    Before I try that for future use, could I ask what that url is??? thanks.................
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s)

a little more information needed

Sorry, I'm not as technically adept as many other users of these devices seem to be! Can you describe what that does in a few more words? - I don't know what a library is in relation to squeezebox...but when I try and add in 79.125.18.91 the controls on the SBRadio (twisting the dial and pushing in to select numbers) starts me at 000.000.000.000 (note the extra places) and makes me select 079.125.018.091 to get the address of 79.125.18.91 Nevertheless, it seems to then attempt to get to the address you gave, but then it gives me the error: "we couldn't connect to 79.125.18.91. Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to your local network and that Logitech Media Server is currently running."

I don't run LMS, or at least I hadn't wanted to - because I thought it was for playing music files off of my PC. What I mostly want is Pandora...sorry to ask but is LMS for running Internet streams like Pandora or the BBC or CBC bypassing mysqueezebox.com? And when I was playing Podcasts through my SB Radio using an "app" from mysqueezebox.com, was it actually playing podcasts off of my PC?? I feel like I'm a complete idiot for not knowing what is going on! And if so, what do I need to have set up in LMS if all I want is Internet streams and podcast feeds without mysqueezebox.com?

Sorry, I'm just sort of afraid to change anything without a little more information for fear that I'll break some of the "magic" of these little boxes that seems to have them working fine for so many years without me knowing what the appliances are really doing :-)

thank you!
    Last edited by 2bingo; 2013-12-15 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bingo View Post
    Sorry, I'm not as technically adept as many other users of these devices seem to be! Can you describe what that does in a few more words? I don't know what a library is in relation to squeezebox...can you link to another post that describes what you are suggesting it will do? Like do I need to have something else set up to enable this - and does it stop the SB Radio from working using the existing set-up (through mysqueezebox.com)

Sorry, I'm just sort of afraid to change anything without a little more information for fear that I'll break some of the "magic" of these little boxes that seems to have them working fine for so many years without me knowing what the appliances are really doing :-)

thank you!
    I suspect that is simply the IP address of an alternative mysqueezebox.com server (there are lots of mysqueezebox.com servers around the world, and not all are down at the same time). The approach I use is to avoid direct connection to mysb.com altogether. Instead I run LMS 24/7. It does everything mysb.com can do PLUS I can play my own music collection. (I'm running on a headless/keyboardless small server stuck in a back room cabinet that runs 24/7, that is, a VORTEXBOX. Sort of like a more powerful NAS).
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by 2bingo View Post
    As I feared, after I did that switch to connect to a remote library (which didn't work b/c I don't have LMS) now I couldn't find my way back to making it connect to mysqueezebox.com. I was on my wireless network, but I couldn't figure out how to tell the SB Radio to not go to that remote library.

So I pulled the plug and powered it back up and now it works. I'm sure that isn't the preferred way so if there is an easier way I'd like to know! And for now I'm back on mysqueezebox.com...

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    The approach I use is to avoid direct connection to mysb.com altogether. Instead I run LMS 24/7. It does everything mysb.com can do PLUS I can play my own music collection. (I'm running on a headless/keyboardless small server stuck in a back room cabinet that runs 24/7, that is, a VORTEXBOX. Sort of like a more powerful NAS).
    From what I remember- when I did run LMS on my not so new desktop PC it was a memory hog. It would ramp up the memory it was consuming and sometimes make my PC sound like an aircraft engine until I killed it. Maybe a more recent version of LMS would act differently...

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I suspect that is simply the IP address of an alternative mysqueezebox.com server (there are lots of mysqueezebox.com servers around the world, and not all are down at the same time). The approach I use is to avoid direct connection to mysb.com altogether. Instead I run LMS 24/7. It does everything mysb.com can do PLUS I can play my own music collection. (I'm running on a headless/keyboardless small server stuck in a back room cabinet that runs 24/7, that is, a VORTEXBOX. Sort of like a more powerful NAS).
    Yes, it is one of mysqueezebox.com IP addresss (You can look up others at http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.htm). So it looks like that the IP mapping for mysb.com in some DNS servers is broken....

Yes, we know that, before becoming a radio, the squeezebox was a networked media player. But that should not be the architecture for a radio. Why do people have to run a server on a PC 24/7 in order to listen to the Internet broadcast stations with another device called radio? Not just for receiving audio, even its alarm clock function is dependent on the server such that the alarm won't go off when the server is down. In my opinion it is simply a totally wrong design :-(
    Last edited by valley_nomad; 2013-12-15 at 14:53.

Yes, it is one of mysqueezebox.com IP addresss (You can look up others at http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.htm). So it looks like that the IP mapping for mysb.com in some DNS servers is broken....

Yes, we know that, before becoming a radio, the squeezebox was a networked media player. But that should not be the architecture for a radio. Why people have to run a server on a PC 24/7 in order to listen to the Internet broadcast stations with another device called radio? Not just for receiving audio, even its alarm clock function is dependent on the server such that the alarm won't go off when the server is down. In my opinion it is simply a totally wrong design :-(
    Almost all current internet radios depend on some external server service - almost all servers go down at some point (and several have just simply disappeared leaving the user with a useless piece of gizmo, or in the best case leave the user with a few presets). LMS devices are at least usable if the external server goes kaputt! There are several options available for LMS servers - from 20 USD up.

ps: depending on an internet device as an alarm is asking for trouble! Just get an alarm clock!
    Last edited by castalla; 2013-12-15 at 15:02.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------