Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    Just buy the original. (Or buy two) They last 7-10 years.

https://www.rapidonline.com/powerpax...c-2-3a-85-2251
    Mine lasted right at 10 years. Shipping was more than the items, so I bought 3 or 4 replacements when I bought them.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Mine lasted right at 10 years. Shipping was more than the items, so I bought 3 or 4 replacements when I bought them.
    I'm in the UK so shipping from Rapid Electronics won't be a problem. Buying a new old stock Transporter on the other hand will have significant shipping costst.

Another Transporter fixed by using the power supply from Rapid.

Also, I took the opportunity to replace the aging display itself which was suffering from some burn in/burn out after 13 years or so. I was able to purchase a brand new display on eBay from seller hotdogtec (no affiliation). The display was a brand new, unused, original Slim Devices display; the cost was about $100 and shipping was very fast. While it was not strictly necessary I figured it was a small price to pay for (hopefully) many more years of service. My Transporter now looks and functions as new. Total time to replace both the power supply and display was maybe 20 minutes.
    Transporter > diyTube modified Dynaco ST-70 amplifier > Harbeth C7ES-3 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by joeriz View Post
    Another Transporter fixed by using the power supply from Rapid.

Also, I took the opportunity to replace the aging display itself which was suffering from some burn in/burn out after 13 years or so. I was able to purchase a brand new display on eBay from seller hotdogtec (no affiliation). The display was a brand new, unused, original Slim Devices display; the cost was about $100 and shipping was very fast. While it was not strictly necessary I figured it was a small price to pay for (hopefully) many more years of service. My Transporter now looks and functions as new. Total time to replace both the power supply and display was maybe 20 minutes.
    Congratulations, well done!
    So you bought one of these new front panel PCBs? https://ebay.us/5pDxBd
    That's clearly the cheapest and recommended way to get both displays renewed in one go. Much easier than replacing the individual glass displays. If you want to get rid of your old PCB, I would be interested

Cheers
    Joe

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?ri...50753#allposts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMuc2009 View Post
    Congratulations, well done!
    So you bought one of these new front panel PCBs? https://ebay.us/5pDxBd
    That's clearly the cheapest and recommended way to get both displays renewed in one go. Much easier than replacing the individual glass displays. If you want to get rid of your old PCB, I would be interested

Cheers
    Joe
    Yes, that is the PCB I bought.

Lol...I will consider your offer but Iĺm leaning towards keeping my old one just in case. It still functions well enough to use as a backup.
    Transporter > diyTube modified Dynaco ST-70 amplifier > Harbeth C7ES-3 speakers

Worked for me!

Thanks for others expertise and great info, I replaced this part in my beloved Transporter and it worked perfectly. planning on buying a spare when the covid-19 crisis winds down hopefully soon but prob not

Quote Originally Posted by _NK_ View Post
    So like I said here's the link for the replacement. Part number 85-2251.

It is supposed to be manufactured by Powerpax Uk, but the Unifive logo is also printed directly on the PCB like on my original part.

Cheers

Nikos

Broken display

My heart sunk when my display went dark, thought I had to replace the display or the whole unit. Was glad after reading this thread, I was able to order up the PSU and replace it. all is good again. Thank you all very much.

Replacement Transporter power supply free to good home - UK only

I had a Transporter for many years but sold it when I switched to a Pi. At some stage I bought a replacement power supply (PowerPax 85-2251) to have handy 'just in case'. Anyway, it's here and still wrapped. Can pop it in the post for anyone in UK needing one. PM me if interested
    I don't need any money for it, just like to see it used. Anyone?
    Jeremy
    Last edited by jeremy; 2020-04-14 at 00:55.
    RaspberryPi3 server running Raspbian & LMS 8.2, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Pi2 running piCoreplayer 6 connected via Toslink to Cambridge Audio DACMagic 100, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps with Avondale Audio 2018 mods, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Radio x2
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Yes, one saved transporter!
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Thanks to this thread, I was able to find and order a replacement supply for my Transporter, and it has it's displays again! Yay! On the theory, that my second transporter is the same age as the first, I bought two, and now have a backup. Thanks for posting the link. Cheers, Dave
    Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio, and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight