Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Reboot loop on Squeezebox Radio after installing Font Replacer

I recently installed the Font Replacer applet on a Squeezebox Touch and a Squeezebox Radio without incident, but I just got a new Squeezebox Radio and after switching from UE to Squeezebox and installing and then running Font Replacer the radio is stuck in a reboot loop. I have tried holding down the power button by itself, the + button by itself and the power button and + button together to restore factory settings, to no avail. Removing the battery is what I'll probably try next, but is there a way to restore factory settings without removing the battery? Also, does anyone have any thoughts on what might have caused this problem? Thanks for any help!

Well, I did remove the battery and hold down the + button while connecting power to the radio. That did the trick. I installed Font Replacer again, and this time it worked fine. One thing I noticed that did seem a little strange at the time was that when I ran Font Replacer before the reboot loop started, its prompts were strange in the sense that there were underscores instead of spaces between words. That didn't happen when I'd used Font Replacer previously, and it didn't happen just now.

Quote Originally Posted by rojikewl View Post
    Well, I did remove the battery and hold down the + button while connecting power to the radio. That did the trick. I installed Font Replacer again, and this time it worked fine. One thing I noticed that did seem a little strange at the time was that when I ran Font Replacer before the reboot loop started, its prompts were strange in the sense that there were underscores instead of spaces between words. That didn't happen when I'd used Font Replacer previously, and it didn't happen just now.
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but thought I'd report I had to restore to factory settings as well.
    Just like you, I had the odd underscores the first time round.
    Second time was fine.
    For anyone else looking to install the font replacer on the Radio, just be prepared you MAY need to do this.
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
    Click for more info: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze