Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    JeffNK--To find Otto's xxx on your Touch, you have to search for "1.FM". The search is tedious: you have to go to "Radio" in the Touch menu and then music--classical--stations 25, I find 1.FM- Otto's Classical in the first 25. For Otto's Baroque, choose "more stations" and 1.FM Otto's Baroque should be in the next 25 list. I use only my Touch devise. I do not know if this process will work on other devices, e.g., cell phones. Regards, Rich

Thanks Rich. Found it. Listening to Mozart Piano Concerto No 23 (Perahia) now.

Ain't the internet great?

Cheers, Jeff

JeffNK-- to find the Otto stations you need to search for 1.FM and it is a bit tedious: From the Touch main menu, choose Radio--Music--Classical--stations--25+........in the first 25 I find 1.FM Otto's Classical. To find Otto's Baroque, from the above chain, after you pass Otto's Classical, you need to go to "more stations" and I find Otto's baroque in the next 25. I use only my Touch device. I don't know if this process works/is available on other devices, e.g., cell phones. Regards, Rich

Internet Radio > Search > *enter* otto

Result is all three 1.FM Otto stations are there.
    Suggest also do above search for Avro, result is all of Avro's stations including several hi bit rate classical stations (192k to 320k).

Yes Jeff, the internet is great!! Enjoy the Ottos. Rich

Thanks toby10, I had already found Avro - I listen to it at bedtime sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Internet Radio > Search > *enter* otto

Result is all three 1.FM Otto stations are there.
    Suggest also do above search for Avro, result is all of Avro's stations including several hi bit rate classical stations (192k to 320k).
    I must have done this search incorrectly earlier. I'm now listening to the Opera stream. I've never listened to much opera so I'll have to use the internet radio to school myself up.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Would the playAAC plugin help? Is that still around?

Is there a way to communicate for a 3rd party player that it supports AAC+? I believe it should work with iOS (probably both of iPeng and SqueezePad) and probably also most if the other software players.
    The playAAC plugin provided support before LMS included AAC transcoding with faad so it is not relevant.

Sorry for the double post a few minutes ago. I didn't see my original post and it took me way too long to figure that it appeared on page 2 while I was still looking at page 1.

Anybody have opinions re: AAC vs MP3 at hi rates? To me, at least with the Otto stations, the AAC just sounds significantly better.

Regards, Rich

Sorry for the double post a few minutes ago. I didn't see my original post and it took me way too long to figure that it appeared on page 2 while I was still looking at page 1.

Anybody have opinions re: AAC vs MP3 at hi rates? To me, at least with the Otto stations, the AAC just sounds significantly better.

Regards, Rich