Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNK View Post
    ...... As I stated above however I was able to resubscribe this morning Australian time to a Gold Monthly subscription only to have the relevant streams shut down 6 hours later. This is not indicative of a company that is thinking about how their business plans meet their obligations to existing consumers.
    Agreed, it is sloppy business, but not illegal. Sounds like management is not communicating with their web design people to remove the consumer subscription signup from their web site. Just as a company like Amazon might show an item in stock when in fact it is not in stock. As long as they make a reasonable effort to refund the purchase they have committed no crime.

With their new business strategy (good or bad) of only pursuing commercial subscribers they have to cut the cord with their consumer subscriptions some how and at some point. Consumer subscriptions now would just be a distraction and a quickly deteriorating income source for what they now view as their business model going forward.

If RadioIO is charging consumers for a service they are not delivering (and have no intention on delivering) then they are committing fraud. If they refuse new subscribers and/or refund current subscribers for services not (to be) delivered then they are committing no such foul. In fact, in their own sloppy way of doing business, this is costing them money because they are paying the credit card merchant fees TWICE. Once on the signup and again on the refund!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffNK View Post
    I note that radioio were still advertising on their facebook page for people to subscribe as recently as February 15 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/theradioio

Thay are still offering personal subscriptions on their website.

I was just able to buy a monthly Platinum subscription on the radioio website several hours after the streams were terminated.

I would have thought they would have announced the change on their website and disabled the ability to subscribe well before they made the change.

I get the distinct impression that radioio ownership/management/technical support/sales/website design contractor aren't communicating with one another.

Jeff

PS radioio subscription page still online as of 1000hrs 27 Feb 2015 including Gold high quality stream option - http://www.radioio.com/subscriptions/new/gold-annual
    Yes.... and again...... sloppy but not illegal.

Agree with some of what you say but not worth my energy to pursue further.

I trust the Ohio Buckeyes are better managed and their fans obviously were not let down with their team winning last year.

Being the total sports spectator I am (in Australia such couch potatoes are called "Norms") I have a favourite team in almost every sporting competition in the world. Up until now I have not had a team in NCAA football and given that Aussies like to barrack for the underdogs maybe the Buckeyes could be my team too?

Cheers, Jeff

The Bucks had a Cinderalla season having to resort to their third string quarterback (the one I mentioned) due to injuries. Pretty much written off as "not a real contender" but surprised everyone. It is a young team, not many seniors on the team graduating and moving on (prison or NFL). So you picked a good team to start following. GO BUCKS!

p.s. When your friends ask you what a Buckeye is you reply "a worthless, hairless, NUT"

I like it. The quarterback must be some player to be a third stringer and still get the NFL offers. Hairless nut also suits me as I am bald. Not sure about worthless though. I didn't know until now the the buckeye was a symbol for Ohio. Hope to visit the US one day if my health holds up - I am 62. What NFL team do you support? Using illicit drugs as a top sportsman is completely frowned upon in Australia - we currently have 5 Rugby League players from a top level club suspended for alleged cocaine use and a really good player who has played at the top level for three of our four main football codes also.

(we are going to get yelled at for being so off topic, but...)

Ohio has numerous pro teams, but they all pretty much suck! Two NFL teams, two MLB teams, two NHL teams, one NBA team (Lebron James?).
    God gives us lots of snow, but no pro champions. If you want to test your faith just root for an Ohio pro team!

If it wasn't for the music selection I would have left RadioIO long ago. The mismanagement is mind boggling. Maybe this is best.

The latest example of the mismanagement is I can listen to 70's Rock until March 1st but not Classical.

I used the RadioIO Contact link to request a refund prorated but haven't heard back.
    Last edited by earthbased; 2015-02-27 at 06:26.

RadioIO is struggling to survive. It is a penny stock struggling to keep its listing active on the exchange and the last public statement from their accountants stated they have serious doubts about their ability to maintain a 'going concern'.

Quote Originally Posted by ToMan View Post
    Thank you for the incredibly appropriate for me tip: RTBF Classic 21 70s !!!
    You are very welcome. Took me some time to find that one, tried a lot of others but so far RTBF is my best choice as ersatz RadioIO 70s Rock. They also have some other channels, though not as many as RadioIO did. Still, there might be something there for the others.
    I dropped quite a few of the other stations I tried because for one thing most tended to be playing mostly the hits already heard a thousand times. That is not a bad thing as such, but if I wanted that I could just tune in to the local terrestial stations. And secondly they broadcast a lot of radio edits, and that is an absolute showstopper for me.
    Give me the albums as they were made, give me the 20 minute TARKUS by ELP, or 10+ Minute live Versions never heard before unless you own the vinyl (Genesis Magical Box). Surprise me and I am your listener. RBTF has been doing just that the past couple of days.

As for RadioIO, I'm really sad that it ends in this way, seemingly in chaos. At least as perceived by most of us, I guess. For instance, the message said as of March 1st and appeared two days ago. The 70s Rock stream as well as others stopped playing music the minute the message showed up, long before March 1. Sad! At least they should have the decency to show that same message on their website.
    As Rich said: I don't want my money back, I WANT THE MUSIC BACK!!!

Anyway, nothing we can do about it. Enjoy the weekend nonetheless.

RadioIO REFUND

Unfortunately, THE MUSIC BACK - that will obviously not happen.

I will always miss the music choice I found on RadioIO, so many unknown artists and songs, I'll miss not only the 70's, but especially the progressive rock channel, my favourite. Although, I should admit, a certain selection of songs was to be heard over and over again for a certain period of time, and then came a new selection for another time period. Not exactly what a regular listener woud expect, And still, it was the only option for me... My luck with RBTF now is, that they offer also a good choice of progressive rock songs, not just 70's as normally heard.

Now to REFUND - just 4 hours after I posted a refund request I got a reply from Gregory Walters:

"Thank you for contacting us at Radioio.com. There are many changes happening with radioio. As of 1 March Radioio streams will only be available to ioBusiness customers. I have been authorized to provide you a prorated refund of your fees. This Refund will be processed with in one week of this E-mail. We thank you for your patience while we work though this process.

Gregory Walters, Lead Customer Support Tech, ..."

I switched to Gold Annual subscription on 06-30-2014, so more than 120 days since then passed.

It is not about the money itself, but it is morally reprehensible to take or keep money for undelivered services and principally such cases schould not be tolerated, even on small scale.

Now I'm really fine, I listen to King Crimson on http://www.rtbf.be/... May everybody find the station of his choice...