Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Really nice music

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Ok, let's start this. :-)

I found this station: RTBF Classic 21 70s as ersatz RadioIO 70s Rock. Not bad at first sight. They are French Belgians. Try them out. btw, I only tried this on my mobile with Audials Pro and haven't looked for them on the Squeezebox Touch I have at home.
    Thank you for the incredibly appropriate for me tip: RTBF Classic 21 70s !!!

To all:
    Is it possible to get refund from RadioIO for not providing the services payed for, as my subscription ends in July?

Have a nice day

Ohio State Buckeyes is Big 10 college football (likely the *other* type of football than you are used to)

Quote Originally Posted by ToMan View Post
    Thank you for the incredibly appropriate for me tip: RTBF Classic 21 70s !!!

To all:
    Is it possible to get refund from RadioIO for not providing the services payed for, as my subscription ends in July?

Have a nice day
    My experience is that if you bought your subscription so long ago they will say that they don't have the ability (as per their computer system functionality) to refund you. However that may have changed as it was a good 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffNK View Post
    I don't pay for the Logitech service - I do for the radioio service. There is a big difference.

I live in Australia - here it is illegal for a supplier to "cancel" goods or services a consumer has paid for. So indeed it is the case that the USA has diluted its consumer protection.
    Nonsense. If they refund your money then you got what you paid for. Nothing "diluted".

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Ohio State Buckeyes is Big 10 college football (likely the *other* type of football than you are used to)
    Ah yes what we call gridiron or American football. Are there any 2014 Ohio Buckeye Championship players who will be good enough to play in the grown up league (NFL?).

Nonsense. If they refund your money then you got what you paid for. Nothing "diluted".
    That's the point - they said they couldn't and didn't (radioio I mean).

Ah yes what we call gridiron or American football. Are there any 2014 Ohio Buckeye Championship players who will be good enough to play in the grown up league (NFL?).
    If they can stay off of drugs and out of prison before the NFL draft...... maybe!
    The current quaterback was pursued quite aggressively to leave college and enter the NFL draft as a top pick. But he very smartly said no and will finish his education (or what that amounts to as a preferred athlete in the Big 10).

That's the point - they said they couldn't and didn't (radioio I mean).
    If you are saying RadioIO is denying you a refund for services not yet delivered, then yes, I agree.
    What I read in this thread was RadioIO stating they will refund unused (prorated) portions of such subscriptions. Or did I misunderstand this?

If you are saying RadioIO is denying you a refund for services not yet delivered, then yes, I agree.
    What I read in this thread was RadioIO stating they will refund unused (prorated) portions of such subscriptions. Or did I misunderstand this?
    This is not my situation as of today.

The inability to refund me occurred when they changed the service I paid for in November 2013. The most they could offer was not to automatically renew my subscription in March 2014. I complained about this on the forum way back then IIRC.

At that time I was advised by radioio support that they couldn't refund anything I had paid for more than 120 days ago. This may well have changed and current subscribers who have had their services terminated may well get a refund.

As I stated above however I was able to resubscribe this morning Australian time to a Gold Monthly subscription only to have the relevant streams shut down 6 hours later. This is not indicative of a company that is thinking about how their business plans meet their obligations to existing consumers.

Jeff Kogler

I note that radioio were still advertising on their facebook page for people to subscribe as recently as February 15 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/theradioio

Thay are still offering personal subscriptions on their website.

I was just able to buy a monthly Platinum subscription on the radioio website several hours after the streams were terminated.

I would have thought they would have announced the change on their website and disabled the ability to subscribe well before they made the change.

I get the distinct impression that radioio ownership/management/technical support/sales/website design contractor aren't communicating with one another.

Jeff

PS radioio subscription page still online as of 1000hrs UTC 27 Feb 2015 including Gold high quality stream option - http://www.radioio.com/subscriptions/new/gold-annual
    Last edited by JeffNK; 2015-02-27 at 11:38.