Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixter View Post
    So 'Greg's' response to me at first was that Radio IO would resund the balance of my subscription, just like he said to Wild Bill. I wrote back saying I didn't want to get a refund, I wanted music and he sent this: " Hello they will not be available through the Logitech devices. Logitech will be pulling the app later today. From what I have been advised he only way to listen would be to become a business subscriber at a higher cost and an equipment purchase.
    I have very little info at this time. Please watch the site for more info as it becomes available.

By 'they' he means the subscription streams I think. I am now going to ask him if my 'Bubba' subscription will still be available (he told me the Platinum subscription had been dropped and I had been moved to the Bubba subscription.

Well, one thing seems to be a final breakdown of relations between Radio IO and Logitech..............

Rich
    Does the service being discontinued apply to SqueezeCenter too? If so, there is no way to listen except using RadioIO website and mobile apps? If so, I will have to ask for refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixter View Post
    So 'Greg's' response to me at first was that Radio IO would resund the balance of my subscription, just like he said to Wild Bill. I wrote back saying I didn't want to get a refund, I wanted music and he sent this: " Hello they will not be available through the Logitech devices. Logitech will be pulling the app later today. From what I have been advised he only way to listen would be to become a business subscriber at a higher cost and an equipment purchase.
    I have very little info at this time. Please watch the site for more info as it becomes available.

By 'they' he means the subscription streams I think. I am now going to ask him if my 'Bubba' subscription will still be available (he told me the Platinum subscription had been dropped and I had been moved to the Bubba subscription.

Well, one thing seems to be a final breakdown of relations between Radio IO and Logitech..............

Rich
    The message on only some of my RadioIO stations (e.g. Classical ) is "Effective March 1, RadioIO will be available only to business subscriptions". So what is Bubba subscription?

I have to go back to the registerfly debacle of 2006/7 to remember a more confusing and ambiguous customer interface than radioio. I am getting none of the messages noted above yet and was able to subscribe to the Gold Monthly option just now.

radioio changes?

> Does the service being discontinued apply to SqueezeCenter too?

Yes. Just got a mail from RadioIO asking us to remove the app from
    mysb.com.

--

Michael

And you have done so?

I note that all the streams except for the bubba streams have disappeared from my squeezebox and from their website by the looks.

So radioio would accept a payment for a subscription today and delete the paid for service 6 hours later.

As I've said previously has the USA abandoned all it's consumer protection.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffNK View Post
    .... As I've said previously has the USA abandoned all it's consumer protection.
    Protection from what? RadioIO and/or Logitech can cancel their services any time they wish, just as you agreed to when you first signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Protection from what? RadioIO and/or Logitech can cancel their services any time they wish, just as you agreed to when you first signed up.
    Hi Toby10 - location USA (home of the bottomless credit card)

I don't pay for the Logitech service - I do for the radioio service. There is a big difference.

I live in Australia - here it is illegal for a supplier to "cancel" goods or services a consumer has paid for. So indeed it is the case that the USA has diluted its consumer protection.
    Last edited by JeffNK; 2015-02-27 at 02:37.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffNK View Post
    Hi Toby10 - location
    Home of the national champion Ohio Buckeyes!

Being from Ohio we don't get to boast our sports teams very much. So when we get a winner we sing it from the hill tops!

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Home of the national champion Ohio Buckeyes!

Being from Ohio we don't get to boast our sports teams very much. So when we get a winner we sing it from the hill tops!
    OK I'll take that on board. What sport do the Ohio Buckeyes play? Save me looking it up.

What does NCAA mean? National College Athletics Association?