Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Hi Wild B. Yeah, I am getting the same message. Are you on a paid subscription? I have paid for the 'audiophile' stream. I haven't contacted Radio IO yet, but I assume 'business customers means something other than current subscribers to add free and 'audiophile' streams. Rich

Hi Rich,

Yup, I have been an audiophile subscriber for some years. From RadioIO's website I understand that they have a separate segment devoted to businesses, e.g. Burger King etc. Greg's reply and the message shown on the streams seem to imply that they will be dropping the streaming service for private audiophile subscribers in favour of the businesses.
    That sucks, to be honest. So far I have not found a station that could substitute my favorite 70s Rock station.

Why is their web site still taking subscription signups three days before the service will supposedly end???

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    Why is their web site still taking subscription signups three days before the service will supposedly end???
    Ah, because the organization is mismanaged???

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Hi Rich,

Yup, I have been an audiophile subscriber for some years. From RadioIO's website I understand that they have a separate segment devoted to businesses, e.g. Burger King etc. Greg's reply and the message shown on the streams seem to imply that they will be dropping the streaming service for private audiophile subscribers in favour of the businesses.
    That sucks, to be honest. So far I have not found a station that could substitute my favorite 70s Rock station.
    That's good one. Let's start a discussion for replacement stations.

Ok, let's start this. :-)

I found this station: RTBF Classic 21 70s as ersatz RadioIO 70s Rock. Not bad at first sight. They are French Belgians. Try them out. btw, I only tried this on my mobile with Audials Pro and haven't looked for them on the Squeezebox Touch I have at home.
    Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 2015-02-26 at 03:12.

For classical and jazz I like the Otto stations. You have to deal with ads, and they are obnoxious. You can find these stations by going to the search on the squeezebox for internet stations, looking for "1.fm" stations and finding extensions for Otto classical, otto Baroq, otto adore (vocal jazz), otto sax forever (jazz) and otto (smooth jazz). Streaming is AAC format at low bitrate, but pretty good fidelity.

You have to search hard for these listing. Be willing to go through the first 25 stations (in the appropriate categories) and then press 'more stations' as many times as necessary......

Rich

This is strange. Yesterday, when I checked the RadioIO website with my PC and tried listening to 70s Rock or Acoustic Cafe there, the stream started but played some placeholder tunes instead. Today, there is no stream at all, but now they have a message advertising a 30-Day trial if you subscribe now. That definitely was not there yesterday. Maybe not all is lost.

Bill

More weird stuff----On my squeezebox I go to the 'jazz standards' stream and its playing music as usual. My other streams from my subscription which I thought was called 'Platinum Annual' are playing the new age style music over and over again along with the message of "go to the website and click on 'subscribe now'".

When I do that and click on my account it shows me subscribed to something called Lieutenant Bubba, which includes talk stations as well as music streams. I don't want talk radio and I didn't subscribe to it. In any case, it shows me subscribed to it, so I figure I should be able to get some music streams. As stated the only one that comes through is the 'jazz standards'

I sent an email to Walt asking for an explanation.

Rich

So 'Greg's' response to me at first was that Radio IO would resund the balance of my subscription, just like he said to Wild Bill. I wrote back saying I didn't want to get a refund, I wanted music and he sent this: " Hello they will not be available through the Logitech devices. Logitech will be pulling the app later today. From what I have been advised he only way to listen would be to become a business subscriber at a higher cost and an equipment purchase.
    I have very little info at this time. Please watch the site for more info as it becomes available.

By 'they' he means the subscription streams I think. I am now going to ask him if my 'Bubba' subscription will still be available (he told me the Platinum subscription had been dropped and I had been moved to the Bubba subscription.

Well, one thing seems to be a final breakdown of relations between Radio IO and Logitech..............

Rich