Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    jarome-- mine too. But I have been ad-free for a couple of months and I get the higher res Radio IO streams too.

Regards, Rich

I am getting ads

I AM getting ads. One just played. So Michael, please get the type of subscription properly recognized.

radioio changes?

> I AM getting ads. One just played. So Michael, please get the type of
    > subscription properly recognized.

It's showing the verbatim string RadioIO returns to us. Would it change
    if you removed the account and re-added it?

--

Michael

Well, I've dumped radioio after just a couple of days. I couldn't deal with either the extremely low volume level or the ads. The volume level problem makes it difficult to switch between radioio and local content. I'm not sure I trust the web ui, either, when it says 133 kbps CBR AAC. The sound quality seemed much poorer than that.

And I saw the same issues with the Now Playing display under SqueezePlay (the web ui seemed to be better). Sometimes both text and art switched well before a track began, but most other times the text changed at the appropriate time, but the artwork lagged far behind.

I did that

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I AM getting ads. One just played. So Michael, please get the type of
    > subscription properly recognized.

It's showing the verbatim string RadioIO returns to us. Would it change
    if you removed the account and re-added it?

--

Michael
    I did that. No help.
    So, I talked to Greg Walters. He can log in to his squeezebox with my credentials and gets the Gold stream. So somehow, you are caching my information. Michael, can you remove radioio and all its traces from my account, and I can then try to re-add it? When I do it, it is obviously saving my old information, because it does not ask for my userid and password again.

Today I tried making a totally new mysqueezebox.com account. Radioio is still shown as a free membership.

SOLVED! I was using the wrong radioio account.
    Last edited by jarome; 2014-04-25 at 06:40.

RadioIO Volume

RadioIO needs to increase the streaming gain. It does not match other streaming services so when I change to another station like RadioParadise it blasts out and scares the crap out of my dog and requires that I adjust the volume. Why is it just RadioIO? I don't remember RadioIO having this problem say over a year ago. What happened? (Greg Walters gave me a b.s. excuse when I asked him).

It is rather high for me

Quote Originally Posted by earthbased View Post
    RadioIO needs to increase the streaming gain. It does not match other streaming services so when I change to another station like RadioParadise it blasts out and scares the crap out of my dog and requires that I adjust the volume. Why is it just RadioIO? I don't remember RadioIO having this problem say over a year ago. What happened? (Greg Walters gave me a b.s. excuse when I asked him).
    Radioio is louder than my ripped music channels.

earthbased---I too find Radio IO to be of lower volume than the average internet streams. The above average volume stations I find are 1.FM stations (Otto's Classical, Otto's Baroque, Adore Jazz--these stations are streamed in AAC format@67 Kps and sound the best of any streams I listen to). Its a bit frustrating that Radio IO is below typical volume, but not a game changer---I still listen to them anyway.

Jarome--I find my computer/music server--a Sound Science Music Vault II, to be louder than all the internet radio streams.

Regards, Rich

Volume:

Lower < Higher

radioio < My library with ReplayGain < My library w/o ReplayGain < Every other radio station or streaming music service

Hi,

I just noticed that a couple of hours ago the RadioIO streams stopped playing and a disclaimer was displayed stating that as of March 1st RadioIO will be available to business subscribers only.

Asking RadioIO support to comment I received this reply from Greg Walters:

Hello

Thank you for contacting us at Radioio.com. There are many changes happening with radioio. I have been authorized to provide you a prorated refund of your fees. This Refund will be processed with in 24 hours. We thank you for your patience while we work though this process. At this time I can not provide further info.

Gregory Walters

Lead Customer Support Tech
    Radio IO | ioBusiness Music
    This is not good news.