Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Player already registered

Hi,

I've bought a Logitech Transporter and I get this message when trying to connect.
    I've spoken to the seller and he says that he does not have that account anymore.

How do I get my Transporter working with the apps?

Regards,

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by xpress View Post
    Hi,

I've bought a Logitech Transporter and I get this message when trying to connect.
    I've spoken to the seller and he says that he does not have that account anymore.

How do I get my Transporter working with the apps?

Regards,

Erik
    1. create your own mysqueezebox.com account if you haven't yet.
    2. Call logitech support with the MAC address of your Transporter and tell them you purchased it used and need them to move it to YOUR mysqueezebox.com account.
    3. If 2 doesnt' work because they seem clueless, start over with support and maybe you'll get someone that understands what you are asking. If they do, it takes 3 minutes and you're done.

4. If you're lucky, you can PM Michael Herger (mherger) at this forum with the above info and he'll have it switched for you.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by xpress View Post
    If you connect that Transporter to mysb.com you can get the email-address of the former user. And this address is also the username for his account there.
    Ask him again when you have his username.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    If you connect that Transporter to mysb.com you can get the email-address of the former user. And this address is also the username for his account there.
    Ask him again when you have his username.
    @Michael Herger:
    No I've the same problem with a recently bought Touch. The previous owner wasn't able to delete SB from his account and now he went abroad an dI can't reach him anymore.
    Since I haven't found a phone number for the Hotline from within Germany, I ask you if you could be so kind to remove this SBT from its form owner.
    MAC: 00:04:20:22:69:87

Thanks in advance
    karlek

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    @Michael Herger:
    No I've the same problem with a recently bought Touch. The previous owner wasn't able to delete SB from his account and now he went abroad an dI can't reach him anymore.
    Since I haven't found a phone number for the Hotline from within Germany, I ask you if you could be so kind to remove this SBT from its form owner.
    MAC: 00:04:20:22:69:87

Thanks in advance
    karlek
    I thought with a TOUCH or RADIO one could connect to a different mysb.com account via the TOUCH or RADIO itself in the setup (unlike the need to get Logitech to do it for you with the SB3, Boom, Transporter, Duet).
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I thought with a TOUCH or RADIO one could connect to a different mysb.com account via the TOUCH or RADIO itself in the setup (unlike the need to get Logitech to do it for you with the SB3, Boom, Transporter, Duet).
    "make it so!"

This last weekend I assisted a friend with a previously owned Touch, we went through the resetting process and re-registered the touch in his name, connected to Tidal and on with the music!

Didn't know, Thanks! I'll try.

And I did. It seems, Michael was faster because the Touch was owned by a new account, "unlinked@..." Thanks, Michael.
    But resetting the Touch allowed me to enter my E-Mail-Address. So thank you both, too.