Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BBC streams in the USA

Could a USA user check whether the BBC national AAC streams (eg. Radio 4, Five LIve, etc.) are working?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = Still ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know for the USA, but here in Montreal, Canada, the AAC streams from BBC Radio 3 are dead in Itunes and TuneIn Radio for about three weeks.
    Very disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by boun01 View Post
    I don't know for the USA, but here in Montreal, Canada, the AAC streams from BBC Radio 3 are dead in Itunes and TuneIn Radio for about three weeks.
    Very disappointing!
    That's a Tunein thing, I think. They only offer wma now.

I wondered if AAC works in the BBC iPlayer plugin.

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post

Don't forget there are two types of AAC stream run by different servers both of which can be played by the plugin - Flash/AAC (which can be tested through a browser on bbc's websaite) and also the http/AAC streams.

Are both not working ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Don't forget there are two types of AAC stream run by different servers both of which can be played by the plugin - Flash/AAC (which can be tested through a browser on bbc's websaite) and also the http/AAC streams.

Are both not working ?
    Actually, this query originates from a Reciva user in the USA - he's lost all the AAC streams. The question is whether it's a Reciva issue or a BBC one, or a region issue. Seems others outside the US do get BBC AAC ...

(I don't know why he persists with Reciva - I advised him moons ago to get SB system!)
    Last edited by castalla; 2013-10-22 at 15:52.

Could a USA user check whether the BBC national AAC streams (eg. Radio 4, Five LIve, etc.) are working?
    Yes, they are working fine for me. I tested a few of them..Radio 4, Five Live, BBC 6 and BBC World Service. They all worked ok.
    Location 1: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 4TB > RPi3 > piCorePlayer > LMS 7.9.2 > Squeezebox Touch >NAD 326BEE > BeoLab 4000
    Location 2: Squeezebox Touch, Audio Engine A2+
    Controller: Asus Tablet > Orange Squeeze
    Music: Ripping (FLAC) dbpoweramp, Tagging: mp3tag

Quote Originally Posted by bomboloni View Post
    Yes, they are working fine for me. I tested a few of them..Radio 4, Five Live, BBC 6 and BBC World Service. They all worked ok.

Thanks for that!

Actually, this query originates from a Reciva user in the USA - he's lost all the AAC streams. The question is whether it's a Reciva issue or a BBC one, or a region issue. Seems others outside the US do get BBC AAC ..
    The problem is that plugin by default will play the Flash/AAC stream and a user saying AAC is working so may not be playing the stream format that the receiva user is testing. The speed will tell which format is being used Flash/aac is 32kbps and http/aac is 56kbps.

Yes it works with the iPlayer plugin!

I used this url in my favorites to listen Radio 3: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls
    It's dead now.

Same thing for the two BBC R3 AAC streams in iTunes for PC. iTunes crashes when i try to use them.

Problem solved. Thanks a lot!

Although that appeared to be true for a while, I'm once again receiving BBC stations in AAC format via TuneIn.