Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nelamvr6
    • Dec 2005

RadioParadise

I just can't get over how great this station is! It reminds me of the great college station I listened to growing up in upstate NY in the 70's(WRPI).

I have discovered some excellent music listening to RP. And it sounds great with the SB3 too!
  • fathom39
    • Jul 2005

Absolutely. Everything from Beethoven to Black Sabbath!

Comment

• Pale Blue Ego
      • Apr 2005

I like their website forum, too. Lots of lively discussion about each song as it plays.

Comment

• mecouc
        • Apr 2005

I find the LRC (listern review channel) is often more interesting to listen to than the main one, and of course you can listen to it on your squeezebox of you put the URL in a playlist

Comment

• th00ht
          • Feb 2008

It is great. Most certainly if you enjoy Nick Drake or the odd Pretenders, Neil Young, Grateful Derath, Porcupine Tree, or Kent song. Just to name a view.
          Living:Transporter Second Edition (smashing wiki page!), Touch, Denon AVR 1912 + two CM8, two CM1, CMC
          Study:Classic, Quad 303 + two Quad ESL 57 & Grace Design m900 with AKG 240 MK11
          Kitchen:piCorePlayer/Hifiberry DAC+ pro, Kanto YU2
          last.fm, SoS, EAC

Comment

• kappclark
            • Apr 2009

Enjoy this too - excellent playlists - avail as FLAC which makes it even better !

Have not tried getting this feed via Alexa (she seems to like TuneIn and Amazon Music, but I confess to being a bit of a novice with Alexa)
            ----------------------------------------------
            Bill Clark, Windham, VT
            Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.2 - 1684876716 @ Wed 24 May 2023
            Hostname: Pi-Base34​
            -----------------------------------------------

Comment

• Tuneman
              • Jul 2018

Listen to Radio Paradise FLAC daily on my Squeezebox Touch in my living room and with Jriver on my Desktop in my home office. The Main Mix and especially the Eclectic Mix are fantastic and sound great. LMS 7.9.3 on the Touch.

Comment

• usurper
                • Jul 2008

Don't forget about the Rock mix and Mellow mix. I've been listening to RP for maybe 10 years and a subscriber for half that time. Bill has a great station, and it's been wonderful.

Comment

• d6jg
                  • Feb 2011

It's the 2020 Support Appeal time.

If you are a registered user then you will have received an email - if you are not registered but use Bill's excellent service then you really should think about registering (and supporting the appeal). The email I received from RP is repeated below for reference.

Greetings from Radio Paradise!

2020 has been filled with many changes, but one thing remains the same: Radio Paradise is still dedicated to providing you with a high quality hand-crafted musical soundtrack, without any advertising of any kind. Ever.

Currently, less than 10% of our listeners are regular supporters. If you’d like to send support (as you have in the past), or set up an automatic monthly, quarterly, or annual payment, you can do that here:

Support Radio Paradise via credit/debit card, Paypal, direct debit, Venmo, Zelle, CashApp, or crypto.

As always, we understand that sending financial support may not be an option, particularly during these turbulent times. That's fine. We hope that you'll continue to make RP a part of your life. We won’t restrict your enjoyment in any way.

If you haven't listened recently, we'd love to have you join us at https://radioparadise.com, or grab our app for iPhone, Android, AppleTV, Roku, or FireTV. Or tell your smart speaker to play us, either directly or via TuneIn.

If you appreciate high fidelity audio, we offer lossless streaming via our web player, phone & TV apps, Sonos, Bluesound, Naim, Roon, and JRiver. We also now have a lossless stream URL you can add to WiFi receivers, etc.

Our web player and most apps offer the ability to skip songs, alternate music mixes, our thematic slideshow, and much more.

Thanks for being a part of the RP family!

Your grateful hosts,
                  Bill & Rebecca
                  Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                  Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                  Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
                  Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
                  Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                  Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                  Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• Paul Webster
                    • Apr 2005

For UK-based listeners ... it looks like TuneIn is going to hide the station (along with lots of other non-UK ones) because of their on-going dispute with the UK labels/collection agencies.
                    RP sent an email yesterday with the warning.

So - if you find that it stops working or you cannot find it any more via Search then add the stream URLs as Favourites rather than going through TuneIn to get them.
                    Radio Paradise streams highly curated, eclectic mixes of music -- chosen by real humans -- with unparalleled audio quality. Our streams are uncontaminated by either algorithms or capitalism. Listening is always free. We are funded by listeners who like what we do, and pay money to help us keep doing it. For over two decades, Radio Paradise has been dedicated to preserving the art of radio DJ-ing and providing a soundtrack you can enjoy all day every day.
                    Paul Webster
                    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• slartibartfast
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                      For UK-based listeners ... it looks like TuneIn is going to hide the station (along with lots of other non-UK ones) because of their on-going dispute with the UK labels/collection agencies.
                      RP sent an email yesterday with the warning.

So - if you find that it stops working or you cannot find it any more via Search then add the stream URLs as Favourites rather than going through TuneIn to get them.
                      https://radioparadise.com/listen/stream-links
                      Or use Michael's app.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                      Bedroom: Radio
                      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• d6jg
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                        Or use Michael's app.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                        That’s what I said to Bill in an email reply! He replied something like “Doh, I always forget something”
                        Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                        Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                        Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
                        Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
                        Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                        Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                        Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

Working...