Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fahzz
    • Jul 2007

Boom alfresco

I want to use my Boom outside of my house on a screened in porch, but I don't want to be lugging it back inside all the time. It will be sheltered under a piece of furniture, so it won't get rained on, but worried about humidity maybe??? I've had a TV out there for years with no issues, and I take it inside if really bad weather comes and I'd do the same for the Boom.

Anyone done this? Any problems? Thanks.
    Beelink EQ 12 w/LMS Server 8.4 on Windows 11
    SMSL SU-1 DAC
    Router: Netgear R700P
    Music Service: Qobuz
    Logitech Boom
  • Fahzz
    • Jul 2007

Follow up

This would only be during the warmer months.
    SMSL SU-1 DAC
    Logitech Boom

Comment

• Redrum
      • Oct 2009

I wouldn't hesitate to do it, as long as it doesn't get rained or snowed on. I have a boom in a garage at my cabin near the door, and that door is open all the time, spring through fall. Also, in the winter the cabin is winterized and not heated and I keep a touch and radio inside, and the boom in the garage. It can get down to -20F in the winter, 90F in the summer (Northern New York). Humidity swings allot, especially in an unconditioned place. All of the equipment has survived years of this extreme temperature and humidity fluctuations.

The only thing I do in the winter (besides shutting down power) is to remove the radio battery and take it home for warm storage.

Most good electronics (including TV's) are designed and tested to operate at temperature and humidity extremes.

So...go for it!

Jim

Comment

• Fahzz
        • Jul 2007

Thanks!
        SMSL SU-1 DAC
        Logitech Boom

Comment