I don't understand your question. You don't have to "set the user to
    LMS". You need the user to mount the share. That's what the
    user/password input fields are for. If that user has access to your
    share, then LMS will, too.
  • Hawaka
    • Jan 2021

NAS is not visible in LMS

Hello,

I'm currently trying to setup my Pi4B with piCorePlayer, LMS and my Synology NAS where my music is. piCorePlayer and LMS is running, but I cannot make the connection with my NAS works.

When the Pi4 boot up, I can see the line that says that the volume is successfully mounted, but when browsing for it in LMS I cannot find it.

In the LMS settings, I did specify the NFS version, and on the Synology I did activate NFS. I also tried to change the mapping as mention in another thread. Without success…

One thing is that my Synology HDD is in btrfs, could this be the problem?

Edit:
    Here is my setup on PiCore:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	picore_setup.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1571146

On the syno:

Name:	syno_setup.png
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1571147
    Last edited by Hawaka; 2021-01-31, 10:10.

Comment

• d6jg
      • Feb 2011

The IP address declared on Synology is wrong it should be 192.168.1.0/24 not 102/24
      /24 means anything in this network range 192.168.1.0-254

If you want one IP only it’s /32
      192.168.1.102/32
      Last edited by d6jg; 2021-01-31, 10:42.
      Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
      Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
      Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
      Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
      Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
      Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
      Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• Hawaka
        • Jan 2021

Thank for that, I just changed it.

Sadly it still doesn't work. The Music folder did appear once, but without sub-folder. Any idea what I am missing?

Edit:
        I change the mapping on the syno to "root to admin". I think it's now working. The library is analysing right now.
        Last edited by Hawaka; 2021-01-31, 11:17.

Comment

• Paul Webster
          • Apr 2005

i think you need to find the error message that I expect "mount" is giving when it tries.

Go to the pCP main page - and then Diagnostics and look at the dmesg output.
          If you know how to get a ssh session working to your RPi it might make it easier to try things out.
          Paul Webster
          Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
          and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• Hawaka
            • Jan 2021

It's now working fine. As said, changing the mapping did the trick for me.

Thanks all for your input.

Comment

• Hawaka
              • Jan 2021

Hello again,

I recently updated my NAS to DiskStation Manager 7.0 (the latest version) and now my piCorePlayer cannot find my library again. This is the exact same problem as I described in the initial post of this thread.

I did check my NFS config on the NAS and on the Rasp4, it's seems all good.

Any idea what could have went wrong?

FYI I'm running pCP 8.0 and it was working fine before.

Edit: Turns out I was the problem. Not sure how it was working before, but I forgot that the admin and Guest account were disabled. Just had to give the correct read permission to the folder in the NFS setting and it worked.
              Last edited by Hawaka; 2021-11-04, 17:52.

Comment

• duff138
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Hawaka
                Hello again,

I recently updated my NAS to DiskStation Manager 7.0 (the latest version) and now my piCorePlayer cannot find my library again. This is the exact same problem as I described in the initial post of this thread.

I did check my NFS config on the NAS and on the Rasp4, it's seems all good.

Any idea what could have went wrong?

FYI I'm running pCP 8.0 and it was working fine before.

Edit: Turns out I was the problem. Not sure how it was working before, but I forgot that the admin and Guest account were disabled. Just had to give the correct read permission to the folder in the NFS setting and it worked.

I am experiencing a similar issue . Just updated to DSM7 yesterday, now squeezbox and squeezetouch touch can not see music library. I am using a raspberry pi with picoreplayer. I noticed my Plex server was not seeing music either. Followed their steps on their site and was able to get the Plex server the right permission to player the music.
                This tells me it is just a permission issue, what do I need to do different. What settings on my Synology NAS do I need to change?

Comment

• duff138
                  • Dec 2005

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1574114 this may help.

Comment

• inkpost
                    • Oct 2015

Synology 212j lost LMS

I foolishly updated PERL so LMS 8.0 stopped working.
                    Obliged to uninstall LMS in order to revert PERL to earlier version
                    Now LMS no longer listed in packages on NAS
                    Went to sourceforge, but no LMS packages listed for ARMv5
                    Any advice?

Comment

• sdiesel77
                      • Feb 2015

Using this threat as I have similar issue!
                      I just updated DMS Synology to 7.0.1 and LMS cannot see my library.
                      Would anybody have a guide on how to add this library from Synology.
                      I went into the Rpi and added the library IP, it worked but then still cannot see the music folder
                      Last edited by sdiesel77; 2022-02-06, 10:54.

Comment

• Paul Webster
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sdiesel77
                        I went into the Rpi and added the library IP, it worked but then still cannot see the music folder
                        Have you looked at the Synology to see if it allows connection from the IP address of the RPi ?

If the RPi is not giving a mount error then it implies that it is able to connect (so above not relevant).
                        So that then leaves folder/file "permissions" as the most likely issue.
                        Paul Webster
                        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• sdiesel77
                          • Feb 2015

I indeed get a mount error

Comment

• sdiesel77
                            • Feb 2015

Issue fixed [emoji846]
                            I had to review the mapping in Synology NFS by choosing "Map all users to admin"
                            Last edited by sdiesel77; 2022-02-06, 23:12.

Comment

• ian_heys

Originally posted by sdiesel77
                              Issue fixed [emoji846]

I had to review the mapping in Synology NFS by choosing "Map all users to admin"
                              I had to upgrade my ageing Synology NAS last week and installed DSM 7.0.1.

I tried to install NFS file sharing and indeed it worked with the mapping to admin set......but.....DSM 7.0.1 throws up security errors on a Security scan which advise that the admin account should be disabled and a renamed admin account be used.

The security scan also advised that the the guest account be disabled too. If these steps are followed I could find no way of connecting to my NAS by NFS.

In my case I have 1TB SSD which I can attach to my piCore LMS Server and is more than enough for my music collection.

I wonder if the dropdown in the NFS setup could allow mapping to a nominated user rather than the standard "admin" or "guest"?

Apparently the guest account check can be disabled in the Security Scan setttings but it brings up a couple of questions:

1. What's the guest account for if you have to disable it?

2. What's the point of disabling guest account check in the Security Scan?

Comment

Working...