A Photo of your Touch setup, Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackfiction View Post
    It isn't an app. It is a power supply upgrade. You can have a look at sbooster.com.
    300 euro for a power supply upgrade? Definitely belongs in the audiophile section!
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

I have two:

Comment

Originally posted by Julf View Post
        300 euro for a power supply upgrade? Definitely belongs in the audiophile section!
        The one I have is the previous version and I got it second hand.
        Living: EtherRegen -> Ultrarendu -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
        Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
        Kids rooms: SB Booms
        Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
        Controls: Material Skin & LMS via internet, iPeng
        Server: Windows 10 Pro with LMS 8.3
        Spare: 2 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 2 SB Radio

Comment

Touch>Meridian 568.1>Meridian DSP 5000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton8000 View Post

Very nice, clean setup!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T710 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the compliment

Comment

New headphone setup

Touch with EDO, Schiit Jotunheim, Beyer DT880. the latter will likely be replaced at some point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1439.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	1562911

Name:	IMG_1435.jpg
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	1562913

Name:	IMG_1437.jpg
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	1562914
                Attached Files
                --
                4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
                Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
                G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
                Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton8000 View Post

aah a classic old meridian setup they where done rigth just add any digital source and your good .
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                  Bedroom/Office: Boom
                  Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                  Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                  iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                  (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                  server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

SBT + JDS Labs Atom headphone amp + Focal Elear = bliss

Name:	IMG_20190220_100357.jpg
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	1565948
                    Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
                    Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
                    Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

"Make Do" Touch System

With all of your beautiful systems in this thread, I thought I would share something on the total opposite end of the aesthetic spectrum - my current, temporary, touch system, which I consider humorous, but very functional.

I am in the process of doing a full renovation of my living room, and have dismantled and stored my 5.1 audio/video system, furniture, etc. The plan was to move living (couch, equipment) to one area and cover when working on the other end, then swap back and forth repeatedly. I though I would just live with a boom for a while. But in trying to figure out how I was going to frequently move the (heavy and awkward) 64" plasma back and forth, I decided to build a crude cart out of scrap wood on an old moving dolly and just roll it around. In the process I decided to build in a component area, ans keep the touch in play, along with the oppo, and substitute an old Luxman receiver for the much heavier 5 channel amp.

It moves very easily. I overbuilt it due to the precious cargo. I'll often move it away from the wall to do work, and or just walk the speakers out of the way. If I have to swap ends of the room, it's just unplug, disconnect antenna coax, speaker bananas, and move. While working I have great music, and in the evening I have the fully functional AV experience, although 2 channel.

Name:	IMG_20190227_135250848 (Large).jpg
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1565967

Name:	IMG_20190227_135656129 (Large).jpg
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1565968

yes, that's a sock on the floor

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum View Post
                        The plan was to move living (couch, equipment) to one area and cover when working on the other end, then swap back and forth repeatedly.
                        Nice setup! I used to have luxman receiver, perfect sound.
                        I was in the exact same spot, I don't know what you're going to do with walls and parquet, but renovation implies dust and dirt. Floor sanding, walls painting (wallpaper replacement), etc. I don't thing this process is compatible with hi-fi/hi-end equipment
                        By the way, I planned and prepared in advance all wires (in the cap of floor in their own pipes), power for the rack with separate switch, even aluminum coasters for speaker spikes. But I completely forgot about size of living room and echo. I had to use curtains and carpet to reduce echo. Wasn't all I expected, but that's life. Conclusion: if you plan to do something with walls, you can use acoustic panels or soundproof materials.

Here is my setup in living room: marantz SR7000 receiver, marantz CD5400 ose, Touch, front: advance acoustic k11s, rear: audio pro black pearl v3, sub and center: audio pro cinema/image.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by chul; 2019-04-18, 13:52.
                        living room: Touch+Marantz receiver+Advance acoustic k11s
                        bedroom: SB3+sven mc-20
                        work: squeezeplay + audio technica ath-m40

Comment

Originally posted by chul View Post
                          Nice setup! I used to have luxman receiver, perfect sound.
                          I was in the exact same spot, I don't know what you're going to do with walls and parquet, but renovation implies dust and dirt. Floor sanding, walls painting (wallpaper replacement), etc. I don't thing this process is compatible with hi-fi/hi-end equipment
                          By the way, I planned and prepared in advance all wires (in the cap of floor in their own pipes), power for the rack with separate switch, even aluminum coasters for speaker spikes. But I completely forgot about size of living room and echo. I had to use curtains and carpet to reduce echo. Wasn't all I expected, but that's life. Conclusion: if you plan to do something with walls, you can use acoustic panels or soundproof materials.
                          Agree, your place looks great. At the risk of turning this into a home improvement forum, this remodel is part of taking an old layout (seperate rooms) and opening it up, so I'll be removing the old 3/8" wood and extending the kitchen flooring into this area, which is vinyl plank. I love real hardwood floors, but the planks are super durable, especially for the dog's toenails.

Yes, the dust and dirt is a problem, I cover everything while working, but the covers are thin cloth to not trap heat and allow listening

I did run the surround wires into boxes up high, and I also added dual voltage (2 - gang, AC and speaker wire/cables) behind each speaker, in the center, high and low with pull wires. The speakers have active subwoofers (i.e. need AC), and I added both high and low in the center, just in case I decide to change from a center equipment/display rack to mounting the display on the wall (hide power and cables behind the display).

I shape your concern regarding all hard surfaces. I am hoping area rugs and curtains will help, but I could always add acoustic material on the back wall.

Cheers:
                          Jim

Comment

Touch Photo

Name:	66E523E3-1CD6-415E-ABD4-FAE184B6580E.jpg
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	1566211Click image for larger version

Name:	7EDABF51-D37F-4D31-9EDD-66E86C21E52E.jpg
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1566210
                            Family Room: Transporter SE -> Benchmark DAC3 -> Raven Blackhawk MK3 Integrated Amp -> Klipsch Forte III speakers
                            Living Room: Touch -> PS Audio Gain Cell Dac -> PS Audio M700 amps -> Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers
                            Outdoor Deck: Touch -> Parasound Zdac v.2 -> Adcom GFA535 Power Amp -> N.E.A.R. A6 Outdoor Speakers
                            Bedroom: Touch -> Emotiva DC1 dac -> Genelec 8020 active speakers
                            Kitchen: Boom
                            Basement: Radio

Comment

Working...
                            X