Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A photo of your Squeezebox setup (please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=FMatos;1050213]
    Originally posted by gvh View Post
    I built my daughter a Picoreplayer using the white SmartiPi Pro case for Christmas. Simply because I could and the screen's bigger

Hi

Maybe its a newbie question, but how do you setup the home screen to look like that ?

THX
    Skin is Grid Skin (800x480).

Wallpaper is Symphony.
    Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

And if you hold and press on a button you can add it to the home screen. Which is why tidal is there

Comment

Ok

Thank you both.

Fernando

Comment

My Office Setup

Hy everyone! I'm a long time user of Squeezebox devices.
          This is my office Setup
          • Tube Amplifier YAQIN MC-13S
          • Squeezebox Touch
          • CD Project Cd box DS2
          • Klipsch RP500

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-05-26 at 14.55.56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	1575139

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-03-03 at 12.06.27.jpeg
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1575140
          Living Room: Squeezebox Boom (2008
          Living Room: Squeezebox Touch
          kitchen: Squeezebox Boom
          Office: Squeezebox Touch
          Bed Room: Squeezebox Radio
          Bed Room: Dac32
          Daughter Room: Hifi-Berry Dac with squeezelite

Comment

Here's my Picoplayer installed in a retro case.
            Complete with operating VU meters and the original cassette piano keys which operate rew/stop/play/ff & pause functions.

Name:	IMG_4566s.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1575242

It is currently my everyday streamer and I find it very usable.
            Last edited by Roog; 2022-06-14, 12:11. Reason: add detail

Comment

Originally posted by Roog View Post
              Here's my Picoplayer installed in a retro case.
              Complete with operating VU meters and the original cassette piano keys which operate rew/stop/play/ff & pause functions.

It is currently my everyday streamer and I find it very usable.
              Bravo! Wow, what a great retrofit! With working VU's and paddle controls as well! Very nice work...

I have an old Pioneer CTF-1250 in storage that wasn't working when I put it there years ago. I have been considering doing something similar, but haven't put the effort into pulling it out...yet

The 60's/70's styling and the thick brushed aluminum face are a thing of beauty on this old gear...It's just too nice to recycle.

Really nice work! Curious how long it took, and also curious about the isolation table it is sitting on?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum View Post
                Bravo! Wow, what a great retrofit! With working VU's and paddle controls as well! Very nice work...

I have an old Pioneer CTF-1250 in storage that wasn't working when I put it there years ago. I have been considering doing something similar, but haven't put the effort into pulling it out...yet

The 60's/70's styling and the thick brushed aluminum face are a thing of beauty on this old gear...It's just too nice to recycle.

Really nice work! Curious how long it took, and also curious about the isolation table it is sitting on?

Jim
                Hi @Redrum, thank you for your kind thoughts, glad you liked my reworking of a 1970's cassette deck. I think you sum it up well, the Sony gear from this era, 1975, priced at $500 then, was made with really solid facia plates, solid aluminium turned knobs and the old cassette mech was of very sturdy construction too, although this one had failed and try as i might I couldn't fix it.

Despite the Sony's large size I found fitting the 7" touch screen in side it quite a challenge, mainly because I wanted to retain the use of the original 'paddle' or piano keys now converted to operate small micro switches which go via USB input to the Rpi. I started work on converting it shortly after i bought the Sony (non working) in early March 2022 and finished it in late May i think. Work was on and off during this period as I struggled with actual work and other projects!

The HiFi rack is a Naim Fraim which i bought secondhand, (ebay collection only and no one else bid) personally I think a new one is too expensive for what it is.

I am not especially keen on repurposing old things unless you really don't see a use for it when repaired. in the case of the cassette deck, even if I had fixed it I don't think that i would have used it as a cassette deck, so if you have the energy, when not give it a go with the Pioneer, it certainly makes a talking point.
                Last edited by Roog; 2022-06-14, 15:21.

Comment

Hi @Redrum, thank you for your kind thoughts, glad you liked my reworking of a 1970's cassette deck. I think you sum it up well, the Sony gear from this era, 1975, priced at $500 then, was made with really solid facia plates, solid aluminium turned knobs and the old cassette mech was of very sturdy construction too, although this one had failed and try as i might I couldn't fix it.
                  <snip>
                  I am not especially keen on repurposing old things unless you really don't see a use for it when repaired. in the case of the cassette deck, even if I had fixed it I don't think that i would have used it as a cassette deck, so if you have the energy, when not give it a go with the Pioneer, it certainly makes a talking point.
                  Here is what I have in storage (not my actual unit). Again, I have done nothing except "think about it". My thought was what to do with the transport, and I am thinking to keep it as is, maybe even allow the rollers to spin a dummy cassette. The right panel with the VUs and controls could be used to house a touch screen. It's circa 1980, which was the start of the movement away from analog VU's (unfortunately, in retrospect)

Name:	ctf-1250.jpg
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	1575243

I'll have to put it on my list for a winter project, thanks for the inspiration!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum View Post
                    Here is what I have in storage (not my actual unit). Again, I have done nothing except "think about it". My thought was what to do with the transport, and I am thinking to keep it as is, maybe even allow the rollers to spin a dummy cassette. The right panel with the VUs and controls could be used to house a touch screen. It's circa 1980, which was the start of the movement away from analog VU's (unfortunately, in retrospect)

[ATTACH]38119[/ATTACH]

I'll have to put it on my list for a winter project, thanks for the inspiration!

Jim
                    Oooh that is a very nice cassette deck, it would be a shame to loose that mech. Love that retro blue phosphorescent display too.

One thing that i did consider for a conversion is that if your machine has separate record and play back heads you could pass the analogue signal from the streamer through the record head onto the tape and offer the playback head, (monitor) signal as the analogue output for that real cassette tape sound/vibe, as a switchable option to the clean output from the streamer!

As a bonus you would get a recording of each of your listening sessions and you would have to flip the tape every 60 or 45 minutes for even more realistic cassette experience. :0)

Would this be too much? perhaps. Good luck
                    Last edited by Roog; 2022-06-14, 18:58.

Comment

One thing that i did consider for a conversion is that if your machine has separate record and play back heads you could pass the analogue signal from the streamer through the record head onto the tape and offer the playback head, (monitor) signal as the analogue output for that real cassette tape sound/vibe, as a switchable option to the clean output from the streamer!
                      Now that you mention it, I can't remember what wasn't working, either the transport or the heads. Either way, I bought a Nakamichi CR-1 to replace it. It is now also in storage. CD's came out shortly after, and .... I just can't seem to part with really nice (in their day) equipment, even when it's use is over. Amplifiers are a different story, I have a few still in service. I have a rotel RA-1312 in my workshop https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li.../ra-1312.shtml Gorgeous big VU's

Jim

Comment

“I have a rotel RA-1312 in my workshop https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li.../ra-1312.shtml Gorgeous big VU's“

Very nice looking amp, you have good taste in HiFi Jim

Comment

Name:	lms.jpg
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	1575248

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Chemist View Post
                            [ATTACH]38133[/ATTACH]
                            Why so many pull cords on the blinds? They're in the mirror, as well...

Comment

2 channel piano setup

Pioneer Elite N50 main HT rig hardwired to router connected

1st Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

5th Touch Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
                              running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
                              Windows 7 pro 64 bit
                              350 Xternal gigHD
                              1.5 TB backup
                              Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Comment

Small Home Office setup

Pioneer Elite N50 main HT rig hardwired to router connected

1st Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

5th Touch Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
                                running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
                                Windows 7 pro 64 bit
                                350 Xternal gigHD
                                1.5 TB backup
                                Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Comment

Working...
                                X